ROM Hack Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maitosuklaa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
SamAsh07 said:
Theboynextdoor said:
But isnt asking way easier (if one gives a good awnser)
Ok here's an answer,
Go to start, click on Run (if you don't see it, look for it in Accessories if you're using Windows Vista or 7), type in the textbox "dxdiag", when it pops up, look for the text saying "Memory" thats the RAM your PC has.

Right-click My Computer, and choose Properties, you'll see RAM there. (For vista or 7, Start -> Right-click Computer -> Properties)

Ok now about the rom, does no one think that it MIGHT be a bad dump?? Or even worse AP dump -AP ruins the rom when its getting dumped-.
What's the chance of both dumps were bad? That both dumps for the US, korean and Japanese were bad? That's six bad dumps in a row.

If they are bad dumps, why haven't anyone made new ones?

darcangel

Lovely Troll
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
shlong said:
SamAsh07 said:
Theboynextdoor said:
Ok here's an answer,
Go to start, click on Run (if you don't see it, look for it in Accessories if you're using Windows Vista or 7), type in the textbox "dxdiag", when it pops up, look for the text saying "Memory" thats the RAM your PC has.

Right-click My Computer, and choose Properties, you'll see RAM there. (For vista or 7, Start -> Right-click Computer -> Properties)

Ok now about the rom, does no one think that it MIGHT be a bad dump?? Or even worse AP dump -AP ruins the rom when its getting dumped-.
read back a few pages
lets stop talking about PC RAM, and go back to was this threas was about?
talking crap about HGSS and stuff!!

Win

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Weredawg said:
Guys, should I just give in and buy the game at my closest Walmart?

DON'T.
be patient^^

pokesav,ar codes etc. > shitty normal hg/ss

megachamp98

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Weredawg said:
My closest Walmart is like 20 km.....
frown.gif

darcangel

Lovely Troll
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Weredawg said:
neve give up, once a pirate always a pirate u cannot go back and buy a game that you can download...

AAnd pluz wallmart is evil

mdyer94

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maitosuklaa said:
SamAsh07 said:
Theboynextdoor said:
Ok here's an answer,

What's the chance of both dumps were bad? That both dumps for the US, korean and Japanese were bad? That's six bad dumps in a row.

Compare the chances of 6 bad dumps (SS/HG - F, U, K) to the chances of Nintendo making an Anti-Piracy that works hackers over this hard.

Weredawg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Win said:
Weredawg said:

DON'T.
be patient^^

pokesav,ar codes etc. > shitty normal hg/ss

True, true. But I've grown so impatient
frown.gif
I'm just a Pokemon addict ever since Blue came out when I was 8

Maitosuklaa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
mdyer94 said:
Compare the chances of 6 bad dumps (SS/HG - F, U, K) to the chances of Nintendo making an Anti-Piracy that works hackers over this hard.
Considering they already did (with M&L: Bowsers Inside Story), and that AceKard2 already patched it (HG/SS) - that seems more likely; don'tcha think?

EDIT: To make my post clearer.

Shady Guy Jose

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
mdyer94 said:
Maitosuklaa said:
SamAsh07 said:
Theboynextdoor said:
Ok here's an answer,

Third option: The carts have some physical AP that makes it corrupt dumps.

RevLTD

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Flexibility said:
About the RAM thingy, I've got like 2 GB. Anything I can do?

If you set up a virtual machine, run the rom with less than 256mb or 256mb of ram, it should in theory crash on the first event.

However, the japanese rom should play fine. It spikes to 211mb, compared to the ~300mb of the US rom

Arisa

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
baldymcbald said:
that line of code appears multiple times in the utility bin
ultility bin
offset ddc40 of
€9MESGbmg1€90?INF1@
offset db3b0-c0
ÀMESGbmg1À0?INF1@
offset d8ec0-e2
ÿÿÿMESGbmg10?INF1@
offset d801c-35
MESGbmg1€90?INF1
offset 0d7080-a1
MESGbmg1`:0?INF1@
offset d6200-6220
MESGbmg1À60?INF1@
offset 0d54f0-500
MESGbmg100?INF1@
now then this could directly tye into the reason for the crash computers hate infinity and they will try to work it out to the last number the same as the route of pie or 3.14594...... thus this could be what they are using to create the ap however i doubt that this is the only problem

Well, today is pi-day seems like nintendo plays a joke with us
biggrin.gif

can you find out what these codes are doing or something like this?

mameks

in memoriam of gravitas
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Maitosuklaa said:
mdyer94 said:
Considering they already did, and that AceKard2 already patched it - that seems more likely; don'tcha think?
lolz

mdyer94

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shlong said:
Maitosuklaa said:
mdyer94 said:
Considering they already did, and that AceKard2 already patched it - that seems more likely; don'tcha think?
lolz
I did that on purpose xD

R1kk1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Might seem like a bit of a random question, but does the latest AKAIO (1.6 is it?) work on an Acekard 2.1? (NOT the 2i) Asking because my friend might be able to lend me his Acekard for a bit, and having a working rom on me might help with the whole fixing situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: ... that's rough buddy