ROM Hack Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eruonen

Trophies
Website
autotox.in
XP
Country
Netherlands
fahrgunit said:
and i do have a computer with 256mb ram rotting in my basement
dell dimension 2400 ftw

maybe i should test to see if it is related to RAM
No. Don't bother.

It's not the same at all.

Arisa

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ribesg said:
baldymcbald said:
possible error location
offset ddc40 of ultility bin
€9MESGbmg1€90?INF1@
this could be where the error is occuring generally infinity is not used in programing
That's right. How to change it ? I think delete this will crash the game.

somebody should try it out, then we know more.

RevLTD

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
fahrgunit said:
dell dimension 2400 ftw

Reason I say this is because what was stated was that it goes above 256mb ram (about 300ish) when you exit buildings/events. What that means is 1 event should cause the gmae to crash.

However, if the US rom crashes, try the Japanese one. That one apparently only goes to around 211mb, so it shouldn't crash (just take a really long time because of how ancient that computer probably is).

Aurora Wright

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Steena said:
As to why it works on Acekard i2? Personally, if you asked me, I'd say it's the most logical card the game could work on. Why? It's considered the best designed, therefore Nintendo, while building their AP checks of the various cards, didn't bother/could not come up with an effective one for the acekard 2i as it was designed too well, and having no more time before release, just left it at that.
It's simpler, it works on AKAIO 1.6RC because Normmatt fixed it
tongue.gif

Bowser-jr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Davi92 said:
Steena said:
As to why it works on Acekard i2? Personally, if you asked me, I'd say it's the most logical card the game could work on. Why? It's considered the best designed, therefore Nintendo, while building their AP checks of the various cards, didn't bother/could not come up with an effective one for the acekard 2i as it was designed too well, and having no more time before release, just left it at that.
tongue.gif

Then maybe Normmatt could help us fix it for the other flashcarts.

megachamp98

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
fahrgunit said:
dell dimension 2400 ftw

Everything will help! 2 results are better than 1

fahrgunit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RevLTD said:
fahrgunit said:
dell dimension 2400 ftw

Reason I say this is because what was stated was that it goes above 256mb ram (about 300ish) when you exit buildings/events. What that means is 1 event should cause the gmae to crash.

However, if the US rom crashes, try the Japanese one. That one apparently only goes to around 211mb, so it shouldn't crash (just take a really long time because of how ancient that computer probably is).

nvm someone told me not to try it as computer RAM is different

the game stop a five-minute walk away is looking like a good solution right now
frown.gif

darcangel

Lovely Troll
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Davi92 said:
Steena said:
tongue.gif
akaio fanboy

eugene222

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Bowser-jr said:
Davi92 said:
Steena said:
tongue.gif

No , he wont help us.
frown.gif
I would do If i work for Example for M3, have the fix, but the other cards havent, i would give it away..

Win

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Davi92 said:
Steena said:
tongue.gif

i call bs.

bet he doesnt knows why it works on acekard.

Hero_Of_Fate

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bowser-jr said:
Davi92 said:
Steena said:
tongue.gif

But considering Normmat works on AKAIO, Acekard 2/2i are probably the only flash cards he cares about. Hate to say it, but a lot of people don't care about total strangers if it doesn't bother them.

mameks

in memoriam of gravitas
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Raiven said:
man I feel ashamed...
anyway... Arg..
My pc has 256 MB ram...

anything I can do?
still, better than some peoples i know...anyways, yes. try the rom on an emu, and see if it crashes when you complete an 'event'.

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Theboynextdoor said:
But isnt asking way easier (if one gives a good awnser)
Ok here's an answer,
Go to start, click on Run (if you don't see it, look for it in Accessories if you're using Windows Vista or 7), type in the textbox "dxdiag", when it pops up, look for the text saying "Memory" thats the RAM your PC has.

Right-click My Computer, and choose Properties, you'll see RAM there. (For vista or 7, Start -> Right-click Computer -> Properties)

Ok now about the rom, does no one think that it MIGHT be a bad dump?? Or even worse AP dump -AP ruins the rom when its getting dumped-.

mameks

in memoriam of gravitas
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
SamAsh07 said:
Theboynextdoor said:
But isnt asking way easier (if one gives a good awnser)
Ok here's an answer,
Go to start, click on Run (if you don't see it, look for it in Accessories if you're using Windows Vista or 7), type in the textbox "dxdiag", when it pops up, look for the text saying "Memory" thats the RAM your PC has.

Right-click My Computer, and choose Properties, you'll see RAM there. (For vista or 7, Start -> Right-click Computer -> Properties)

Ok now about the rom, does no one think that it MIGHT be a bad dump?? Or even worse AP dump -AP ruins the rom when its getting dumped-.
read back a few pages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    QuarterCut @ QuarterCut: my reaction to such information +1