Gaming Pokémon Gold & Silver Remakes to be announced on May 10th?

The Teej

Also known as The Tjalian
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
zeldapower.com
XP
Country
I'd gladly shove £30 down on counter for this.

Also, they actually kind of need to do this. With the DSi, all of the pokemon that are exclusive to R/S/E and FR/LG are unobtainable to anyone with a DSi, as it lacks a GBA port. It is possible to get them via trading, but still.

luneth22

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
i would prefer a remake of Pokemon Red/Blue version...that'd be cool. but i doubt G/S is really going to be remade...could it be rumours?

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
If it's a GS remake, I'll actually buy it.

If it's an announcement of some games in complete 3D or something, I'll make sure to NEVER play it. A battle in Pokemon Platinum takes FOREVER, and there is no way I'm going to play something that's likely to be even slower.....

DeadLocked

Bi-Winning.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
luneth22 said:
i would prefer a remake of Pokemon Red/Blue version...that'd be cool. but i doubt G/S is really going to be remade...could it be rumours?

blink.gif
r u srs???!!!
blink.gif

normal_headdesk.jpg
bang_head_here.gif

... #1: what did you think Fire Red/Leaf Green Was.......
... #2: the evidence the this is real far outweighs the evidence that it's not, some say there is a 2% chance overall that next sunday they will NOT announce this G/S remake!!!!

Oh yah happy 300th post, wasted!

Lubbo

GBAtemp Veteran Resurgence
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Raika said:
If this is only for the DSi, I'm gonna stop playing Pokemon games forever. Nintendo better not be that stupid, since not many people have the DSi, but most of the fans have DSes.

why would it be for the DSi? what are the advantages?

QUOTE(Gman 101 @ May 4 2009, 06:24 PM) I hope to God they don't remove Kanto, and I sincerely hope this announcement is actually going to BE a Gold and Silver remake...

why would you even say that? Kanto was part of the Gold/Silver game if it is a remake they would not remove it...

also to anyone who wants a Red/Blue/Green remake there isnt going to be go and play Leafgreen/Firered
and there isnt going to be a Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald remakes either because it was on the GBA

DeadLocked

Bi-Winning.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Lubbo said:
and there isnt going to be a Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald remakes either because it was on the GBA

Prove? What about when the franchise moves onto their next handheld and GBA cartridge becomes obsolete altogether?
Besides, that's what a few select people said about johto, because all pokemon are already legit obtainable.
wacko.gif

@ the people who say this is just milking the franchise
Oh yah and these remakes are more than just sleezy pokemon games because Nintendo can't think of anything, sure it's that to some people but for most it's a trip down memory lane...

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
geminisama said:
And why do people keep bring up removing Kanto? Do you guys realize how stupid that sounds? That's like them remaking Red/Blue, and taking out Elite 4, or Safari Zone. Kanto was part of the GAME, why the hell would they remove it?

I can actually understand why some people would think this. G/S/C was the only generation to have a 2 playable regions, and the second half wasn't required for the Pokemon League. Rather, the Kanto half only served to make the game a little longer than it actually is, as well as for nostalgia. It's sort of like the Judge Missions in FFTA1.

QUOTE(Chris_Skylock @ May 4 2009, 02:11 AM) If this is a GS remake, we'll we see the safari zone that was unfinnished in the original GS game?

Unfinished? Someone in the game said that the owner is closing it down until he comes back from vacation, or something like that.

Zerrix

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'm really sure, there are going to be the announcements of the Remakes of G/S in the next Pokémon Sunday Show, there are really many hints which prove this, for example the "Johto" place of hunted Pokémon is built in the DPP Editions. So what would be the sense, if there wasn't going to be a Remake?

Guys, believe, next week you will see the announcement of the Remakes and they are going to be made for the DS and DSi. Furthermore, I'm hundred procent sure, that we're going to see some pics. of the games in the next CoroCoro magazine in the middle of May.

Chris_Skylock

Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
I heard that the safari zone was unfinnished thus the doors are closed. When hacked, there are fields but no pokemon. It is theoried that the game was rushed and some features are not present. These are just what I remembered so dont flame me.

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Wow some of you guys are so sure they won't remove Kanto.... The honest fact is they PROBABLY will. Kanto was just there to make the game longer. They are trying to focus on Johto and if they run out of space.... Kanto will NOT be included..... Lets just hope for the best though. I wonder how Johto is gonna look in 3D?

Walthor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Zerrix said:
ChikoritaJohto2.PNG

This picture proves enough.

Isn't it possible these pictures are made using Pokesav? i would love a remake of the game, but isn't it better to wait for the thay that the "announcement" would come.

i also would not mind if the new game that would be announced to be a completly new designed pokemon rpg game.

Chris_Skylock

Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
Ho-oH and Raikou are the only ones not featured in a movie. If those two are in the next two movies, we will have the same fate as movie 8, Lucario and the Mystery of Mew (Mew and the Hero of the Wave - Lucario). Thus introducing a 5th gen pokemon.

In Gen 4, we will now have 5 movies. Gen 3 has four movies but the 3rd one was a filler movie.

It would now make sense for a GS remake now, doesnt it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
    Karma177 @ Karma177: @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really...