Gaming Pokémon Gold & Silver Remakes to be announced on May 10th?

BasedKiliK

Salt of the Earth~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know what would really be a kick in the ass? If Nintendo didn't release remakes, but released DSiWare ports of the originals, with a restored Connection Center for Wi-Fi.

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
demonicstrife said:
You know what would really be a kick in the ass? If Nintendo didn't release remakes, but released DSiWare ports of the originals, with a restored Connection Center for Wi-Fi.
Ports end up being worse then remakes/originals lol So I'd rather have a remake then a port on the DS, most people don't even have a DSi yet. Way too early to be thinking that.

Keeley

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
They'll just release some random Wii game that we never heard of, the rest was just to convince u, i should know i did it all xD jk i wonder if it'll be 3d and such...

misanthrope

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
-So boy gets monster, boy captures more monsters and battles other boys with monsters in various places, no plot whatsoever, most of the monsters are exactly the same. Why exactly do everybody gets exited about every new iteration? So you can play the same game with the same monster for another 400 hours to get maybe 15 new monsters?

I guess I just don't get it, most RPGs have some sort of a story to tell or some new system that isn't just "take better care of the same damn monsters that use the same damn powers anyway"

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
I used to love Pokemon. I still like it, but the new games just kinda took the series downhill. I looked in my brother's "Official Pokedex" and at the beginning, you have cute first evolution pokemon and than really tough looking evolved Pokemon. Flip to the back of the book and all you have are stupid looking (not cute) little wimpy looking things which usually only have one evolution instead of two. LAME!

But Pokemon Crystal was always my favorite Pokemon game ever (and also my first), so this is good news.

dobz

Trophies
XP
Country
Gold/Silver were always the best ones because they were an improvement on the original games.

they are worthy of a remake

mermehma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I guess there will be another remake just like in all the other Pokemon games.

Red and Blue later Yellow

Gold and Silver later Crystal

Ruby and Sapphire later Emerald

Leaf Green and Fire Red later *I don't think there was one*

Diamond and Pearl later Platinum

so...

Dusk Gold and Dawn Silver and Later maybe something like Twilight Crystal

NOTE: I say Twilight because it's in between and I do not like the Twilight series. Not hating though I just personally don't like it.
But I did like Twilight Princess! =)

Chris_Skylock

Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Dusk Gold and Dawn Silver and Later maybe something like Twilight Crystal

GameFreak is going to make a remake not a game. So dont expect there'll be a "Twilight" Crystal Version.

Since the anime DP is going to end, what will be the filler season will be if GS remake will be release? Sorry, this is an off-topic question but anime and games have connections, doesnt it?

---

Here's my personal analysis for the Pokemon DSi remake of Gold and Silver.

"Will this be a DSi game?"

Inspired from Prof. Winnie Monsud's NEWS ON Q! Analysis.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTNM7J8AzUI

QUOTEThe Poke-Sun Company has announced a new pokemon game next week, May 10, 2009.
In their preview last sunday, May 3, 2009, two giant balls are hanging above the ceiling.
They were colored Gold and Silver.
This indicates a possibility of a Gold and Silver remake for the Nintendo DS.

If it will be a DSi-only game, we have 3 choices and 1 chance to be played on our current Nintendo DS.
Remember that the very first DSi game cart will be released on June 2009.

This new game will be in a DSi game Cart and GameFreak has an idea for the Nintendo DSi system features.
This could, in fact, that we will be able to use the DSi-Camera on a Pokemon game starting in 3rd quarter of 2009.

But wait! Pokemon GOld and Silver remake may or may not be a DSi game but according to the Pokemon Platinum interview that Pokemon PLatinum was made and finally on its ending stage when the DSi was announce.
We will have a chance that this new Pokemon game will be a DSi game in a DSi cart.

So we have to wait for next week's episode to find out if this will be a Gold and Silver remake

Ballistic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really hoped they properly remake this. Pokemon G/S (I have Silver) was my favorite game of all time. I invested hours of my childhood into this game. Amazing soundtrack that does not sound like random notes stringed together in a rhythm, dual regions, a lot of things to do after completing main storyline, battling Ash, lengthy storyline, and most importantly...every Pokemon after 251 is fucking pointless.

EDIT: Oh and training my pokemon without having to worry about the EVs and IVs and natures was the best thing that ever happened. Now I just input all that via pokesav before I even train it. But it still doesn't feel right :\

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Edgedancer said:
I would love this announcement. Silver was my favourite game by far. Oh Lugia. How I love you.

Got that right, Lugia is my favourite Pokemon ever, I always try to get him in any Pokemon game now
smile.gif

DeadLocked

Bi-Winning.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Odds are there won't be a Crystal remake.
Maybe I'm wrong as I can only base this off Leaf Green and Fire Red.

And If this is on a DSi only cart, god save you Nintendo.... I'm gonna hunt you down and rip your ass up if I can't play it

Sunday 10th May: Tokyo, Japan. You may remember, last week we announed that we were going to reveal a brand new pokemon game! Well, here it is!
PKMNL2.jpg
Pokemon Link 2!!!! Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha, yes the Gold and Silver Balloons were a throw, we're so evil!
*All over the world sighs and groans and screams of pain were heard*
Have fun, with that nightmarish thought in your head until the 10th! Muwahahahaha
rofl.gif
evil.gif

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
If this is only for the DSi, I'm gonna stop playing Pokemon games forever. Nintendo better not be that stupid, since not many people have the DSi, but most of the fans have DSes.

Gman 101

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Raika said:
If this is only for the DSi, I'm gonna stop playing Pokemon games forever. Nintendo better not be that stupid, since not many people have the DSi, but most of the fans have DSes.

I agree. I don't wanna go out and get a DSi just for this game... but I'll probably do it anyway because of the nostalgia >< Albeit, it'll be a smarter move to make it just on DS, since you'll have a larger audience to provide for.

I hope to God they don't remove Kanto, and I sincerely hope this announcement is actually going to BE a Gold and Silver remake...

geminisama

Metsu
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Ballistic said:
EDIT: Oh and training my pokemon without having to worry about the EVs and IVs and natures was the best thing that ever happened. Now I just input all that via pokesav before I even train it. But it still doesn't feel right :\

Maybe THAT's why? You're intentionally trying to breeze through the game, taking all the enjoyment and depth out, then wondering why it doesn't feel right?

But I read about this at Project Pokemon, and I swear I must have lit up. These were the best games to ever grace my hands in my pre-teen years, and I would LOVE it if they were remade. Personally I would rather have a 2-D remake instead of this glitchy 3-D, but I wouldn't let the 3-D ruin it for me either, and I would definitely go out and buy both versions for me and my girl.

And why do people keep bring up removing Kanto? Do you guys realize how stupid that sounds? That's like them remaking Red/Blue, and taking out Elite 4, or Safari Zone. Kanto was part of the GAME, why the hell would they remove it?

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
this was my first pokemon

i was pissed off when i thought i finished the game..then i discovered the Kanto region

but nevertheless it was fun

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: DAYTONAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!