Gaming Pokémon Gold & Silver Remakes to be announced on May 10th?

Gman 101

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Frog said:
Gman 101 said:
I just realised. No one's hacked the DPP games to show "Kanto"... which means that there is a very very VERY big possibility that it's going to be removed from G/S
frown.gif
Makes me sad at the prospect of that. And War's theory is also very true... I would firebomb Gamefreak if that happened (to the Feds reading, no I'm not actually going to do that).
...Show Kanto?

Well, looking at previous posts about how you can show "Johto" under a Pokemon's description. Sorry I didn't explain properly >

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
8BitWalugi said:
Wait... When I hacked a Typhlosion into Diamond, under the 'Met at:' option, there is a Johto option. Thinking it wouldnt work, i tried it and the Typlosion said 'Met in Johto', Lack od GB-DP link means there could be chance that the GS Remakes will be the legit way to get a pokemon to say Johto.

Oh and with the Kanto thingy, someone got it to say Kanto in R/S/E? If so, how?
....Trading it from FR/LG.........

Frog

Trophies
XP
Country
Despite all this evidence etc, i just don't think its gonna be gold/silver...
probably just another ranger or something (although i'd love to be proved wrong!).

R2DJ

Trophies
XP
Country
If this is indeed true, I want them to make an option between updated and retro gameplay. Some things in the game are better left untouched (special mention: Ice Cave theme)

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
Raiyu245 said:
ShatteredScreens said:
gokujr1000 said:
Yes!! I knew they were going to do this sooner or later they just had to Lol next we should expect a Crystal Remake...

EDIT: Also i hope you can catch borth Lugi and Ho-Oh in the same game because when I had Silver I got both Lugia and Ho-Oh
I think that...

Silver: Lugia
Gold: Ho-oh
Crystal: Both

Just like D/P/P.

I hope to God this is real, and if it is, I'll be pre-ordering Silver ASAP!
Lugia and Ho-oh were in both games. One game just focused on said Legendary Pokemon. I caught Lugia when I played Ho-oh (he was a bitch to catch though..)
I know, but I think they will change it so it fits in with R/S/E and D/P/Pt, just so they can rip us all off again by bringing out a 3rd version later, so we can get both legendaries. They might not, but they could do.

Let's hope they keep it mainly the same, and just add some cool features and some new areas, and give it the D/P/Pt graphics. I know everyone doesn't like the new graphics, but I sure do
smile.gif

dobz

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't think they would either

Gold/Silver had the best sprites out of the entire series
wub.gif
its charm could be lost in a remake

TheBestTools.png

em2241992

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dinofan01 said:
Satangel said:
I'm going to so glad I've got a flashcard
smile.gif

Nobody's ripping me off, no sir!
haha your so right. That's why I actually want them to release these remakes. I'm not getting ripped off.
I also got a flash card, but if this game is for real, I am 100% sure I am throwing down the $35 to pay for it, even if Nintendo decides to screw us players over and charge $40 I am still paying, I really want a Gold remake

.Darky

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
It'll be stupid not to make a remake of the best pokemon games ever (IMO of course, still I'm sure most of you agree with me).

DrYHeLL

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
kongsnutz said:
It'll be Gold & Silver released on DSi shop.............. garranty

I will rage until all hell breaks loose if they pull that shit.

Also...

Am I the only one who wouldn't care all that much if we didn't get Kanto?
As I remember it Kanto(in G/S) just seemed buggy, lifeless and unfinished.

Compared to pkmn r/b it wasn't as good I thought. But if it was improved upon I can see myself enjoying it. stupid bug catching show...we need a safari zone!

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
As I remember it Kanto(in G/S) just seemed buggy, lifeless and unfinished.
You are right, but the best thing about Kanto was the nostalgia and the extra Gym leader battles.

And I don't think they will bother with a Crystal version remake, because by the time it would be released, I'd expect the 5th generation game to be out. =P

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think the only reason why Kanto ended up like that was because of the limited amount of space (Though I believe Star Ocean: Blue Sphere pushed the limit to 32MB I think). Anyway, I don't really care about it, as long as we get two regions again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: At least I'm not playing single player :P