Pokemon Go makes Bidoof Day an annual event starting July 1

Deleted member 546149

OP
Trophies
XP
E4-lWF2WUAMLZu9

Pokemon on Twitter had announced that July 1st is now Bidoof Day. The tweet that announced it did not say much, except that they will show ways to celebrate it soon on social media in the near future
.:arrow:Source https://twitter.com/Pokemon/status/1409527009190060035/photo/1

Attachments

• th.jpg
    th.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 111

RichardTheKing

Honestly XC2>XC3...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I always did love Bidoof, in Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky; he's such a lovable klutz. Before the player and their partner join, he was the most junior member of Wigglytuff's Guild, so he's overjoyed and proud to finally have someone he can mentor; despite being easily scared and easy to cry, he does show signs of bravery and determination, as displayed in the Guild's expedition, and how he stands up against a trio of much stronger bullies in his Special Episode (Explorers of Sky-exclusive).

Thanks to him, I've never been able to dislike his species, even when they're not exactly the best choice in the main games.

Nomagno

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I always did love Bidoof, in Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky; he's such a lovable klutz. Before the player and their partner join, he was the most junior member of Wigglytuff's Guild, so he's overjoyed and proud to finally have someone he can mentor; despite being easily scared and easy to cry, he does show signs of bravery and determination, as displayed in the Guild's expedition, and how he stands up against a trio of much stronger bullies in his Special Episode (Explorers of Sky-exclusive).

Thanks to him, I've never been able to dislike his species, even when they're not exactly the best choice in the main games.
I've had a similar experience with Bidoof in Poképark Wii.

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
Back on Gen 4 days, Bidoof was, at best, a HM mule. For whatever reason it became a meme, and for whatever-ever reason this meme became official.

I don't doubt that few people had legit amazing moments with Bidoof, but most people that talk about it is just following a meme.

RichardTheKing

Honestly XC2>XC3...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Back on Gen 4 days, Bidoof was, at best, a HM mule. For whatever reason it became a meme, and for whatever-ever reason this meme became official.

I don't doubt that few people had legit amazing moments with Bidoof, but most people that talk about it is just following a meme.
Bibarel's better as a HM mule, since it can also learn Water-type moves - really, the ONLY HMs he couldn't learn were Defog (Sinnoh only) and Fly. This, of course, means he was even better in HGSS where he wasn't as easily available, since Whirlpool replaced Defog.

I miss HMs; I never minded them as progression-blockers, since I only needed to teach 'em once and just had to press A on an obstacle to get past it (aside from Fly, Flash and Defog, which do require going into the menu), and the less useful moves (Cut, Rock Smash, Strength) could be edited in a ROM hack to be better. Once HMs were removed, Surf and Fly had to become TMs, taking up space that could've been given to other moves - not to mention Rock Smash, which became a TM earlier.
Gen VI had it mostly right - 100 TMs, but only 5 HMs instead of 8. The introduction of breakable TRs in Sword/Shield was a step back; why make 'em breakable, and force players to grind Watts for them, when they could just be unbreakable TMs, obtained once, and all's fine with the world? Ugh; I miss HMs...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aRVjiaM88Y