Pokemon Brilliant Diamond leaked online ten days prior to release

dial.png

The third time's the charm, as the third major Nintendo release in the past month has been leaked onto the internet a good few days prior to the official launch date. Following Metroid Dread and Mario Party Superstars, Pokemon Brilliant Diamond is floating about online, both in .NSP and .XCI form, and it looks like the game is able to be booted and playable in some form through Nintendo Switch emulator Ryujinx as well. While the leaked version of Brilliant Diamond comes in at around 4.30GB, there is a scheduled 8GB day-one update that won't be available until the launch date, November 19th.

As always, it's important to remember that GBAtemp's ToS do NOT allow linking to warez or illegal content, so please be mindful!

DuoForce

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did but only when it came out. Surely the most recent pokemon games are way faster than this right ?
They're about the same in speed. The battle speed is fine, and if you want them to be even faster than just turn off animations

Valwinz

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
It good it leaked after playing it i can say is not worth 60 dollars
They remove every fix from platinum and forgot it happen

Zkajavier

Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
switching from Diamond to Pearl edition, having only one rom:

Unlock Shining Pearl
Lol. After playing around with the leaked rom, and seeing how some things feel incomplete, or slightly clunky and out of place (like the no intro with a very weird title page and some weird transitions) I'm seriously hoping this is some kind of early review dump, or QA technical dump and some stuff will be adjusted on release date and cutscenes added or something.
In an utopia this is just some kind of strategy from Nintendo to prevent the actual thing from being leaked.

But since that would be too good to be true... let's just laugh and cry :rofl2:

Last edited by Zkajavier,
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
My thoughts on the massive day 1 update. The game is slightly over 4GB so this is not a way of using cheap 4GB carts and avoiding the "Download required" message on the box. It's more likely that this is to mitigate the impact of the inevitable leaks or the game was still unfinished when the physical copies were produced.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, a huge day 1 patch is some way around deterring leaks.
That does sound plausible. We'll see if the day 1 patch brings anything new to the table other than the obvious fixes, or if they'll bring some Platinum content or even small stuff the faster surfing etc, in form of updates or DLCs..

Reactions: Emperor_Norton

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
How is it that small groups of people can make better Pokemon games in the form of ROM hacks and the highest grossing company in the world can't?

Pokemon the game is a drop in the bucket compared to pokemon the merchandising empire. The games just have to be passable enough to keep a trickle of new kids coming in and older hands coming back

ROM hacks can also be for fans of the game where theoretically the game makers have to make it so the braindead kids can play it, to say nothing of if half the bugs I have seen discussed on this site for it this last few years are anything to go by then the ROM hackers are probably by far the better coders and game designers.

samcambolt270

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just do not see the problems people are having. The music sounds perfectly fine, there hasn't been a single bug beyond a single brief cutscene being a tad low framey. The chibi art style doesn't look like some trash lazy crap just because it's chibi. Do people think that chibi art styles are trash baby garbage like they used to say about cel shading? This game is just fine.

Reactions: Ace_Axel

SexiestManAlive

The key that lights the dark
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It will have the full OST on day one patch, people keep posting (on other pages) that is really all this patch is going to have, Really what most people don't seem to know/understand is the OST is not going to take up the whole update the files but are going to be small in size, The missing animations and locked places people have been posting about should be fixed in this update also for all we know this update could change the whole game giving NPC new pokemon teams adding other pokemon that is not in the game right now, If you think about it they may have a striped down ver of the game on the cart so if it was leaked like it seems to be now people would not have the full/real deal kinda a way to battle the leaks and really thinking about it that is a smart move and I don't know of a gaming company my self that has done that to battle leaks but its a smart way to do it.
So in the end this could be a pokemon platinum update for the game but we will only know on the 19th.
this is exactly what i was thinking

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey thats my thread :) yeah as it turns out, theres only one relevant line changed between DB and SP roms, and by changing it with ipswitch you can just entirely change the version youre playing.
Does it create a new save (for the other version) when you change it, or does it recognize the original save?

Reactions: gelderm

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: [goes back to 🛌 ] zzzzzzzzzzzzzz +1