Spenstar

"Leave it to me"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gumbyx84 said:
To any Mac Users: The TTDS fixed patch works with DS Rom Patcher for OS X. I have tested it with V2 patch with Pokemon Black. The ROM was patched without errors and seems to work without any problems on my AceKard 2i.

Spenstar, this might be something worth adding to the first post.
Thanks for the info! I'll add the patching method for Mac users on my main post
wink.gif

I have a Mac Pro and it didn't occur to me to try patching on it since I do all my programing and such on my PC
tongue.gif

Lovepreet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have the V3 patch and it is running fine.

If i apply the newest patch, can I continue where I am so far? Im at the 8th badge and I don`t wanna start over lol.

Spenstar

"Leave it to me"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lovepreet said:

If i apply the newest patch, can I continue where I am so far? Im at the 8th badge and I don`t wanna start over lol.
Yes you will be able to continue, just make sure you make a backup of your save file just in case.

MakiManPR

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
TTDS Users! This will fix the Official v2 Patch to work on your Flashcard! Download or Direct Download Link: Download (Provided by darkspirit456 )

will this fix TTDS Error - 4:??

Hatchetball

RepititionRedundancyRepitition
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MakiManPR said:
TTDS Users! This will fix the Official v2 Patch to work on your Flashcard! Download or Direct Download Link: Download (Provided by darkspirit456 )

Nope. Error-=4 is a error caused by the lack of matching Game ID's. There is a guide in my signature that will explain how and what to do to fix the issue and get the game with any patch working properly on TTDS

gumbyx84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lovepreet said:

V3? Are you talking about the Beta V3 or is there a new release not posted here yet??

Spenstar

"Leave it to me"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gumbyx84 said:
Lovepreet said:

V3? Are you talking about the Beta V3 or is there a new release not posted here yet??
He must be referring to BETA v3 because there isn't a Official v3 out yet.

gumbyx84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Spenstar said:
He must be referring to BETA v3 because there isn't a Official v3 out yet.

Ok making sure. V2 did come out fast, at least for me. Found your thread, 2 or so days later v1 comes out, next day I check and v2 is out. v3 probably isn't that far off.
smile.gif

Edit: Spenstar, I saw you updated the main post with the Mac ROM patcher I was talking about. Could you add that Mac users need to use the TTDS version of the patch? That was the only version I could get working.

Spenstar

"Leave it to me"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gumbyx84 said:
Edit: Spenstar, I saw you updated the main post with the Mac ROM patcher I was talking about. Could you add that Mac users need to use the TTDS version of the patch? That was the only version I could get working.
Sure thing
wink.gif

gumbyx84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Spenstar said:
gumbyx84 said:
Sure thing
wink.gif

Greatly appreciated. I'll keep testing new versions of the patch when they come out and post my findings.

To be honest, I can't get the normal patches to work on either my Mac or Thinkpad (running WinXP) with any version of xDelta I've tried. I tested v1 with xDelta with 3.0u and 3.0z on my Thinkpad and 3.0u for on my Mac and they both fail with that error message (xdelta3: not a VCDiff Input: X3d_Invalid_Input).

I know its odd, but I want to try and figure out why some people are having this problem and some are not. The only thing I can think of that is causing the issue would be what OS and version of xDelta people are using. People having issues with regular patch: What OS are you using? What version of xDelta are you using?
To find out, open command prompt, go to directory were xdelta is and run the following command:
CODE
xdelta3 -help
The release number should be the first thing displayed after you enter the command. You will have to scroll the window up a bit to see it.

klim28

Hunter4Life
Trophies
XP
Country
I stumbled upon this problem. When a pokemon level up and learn a new move, the text window will be full of ????????????????????. I know its still running because the bgm is still playin and the other pokemon on screen are still somewhat blinking. Then you can't press or touch anything. So the next thing to do is reset the system. In my case, I got 3 pokemon with that problem. I don't know if theres still more. Using V2 btw. Anyone having the game glitch/bug/problem?

xgamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just fixed my Black with version 3, haven't tried that much so far...

I'm not sure if I downloaded the most latest version but the title logo was in English, though not the same logo as this:

http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/5787/pkmnblacklogo2.png

The xDelta where you select patch and ROM didn't work, nothing happened when I pressed "patch".
I then tried another version but it didn't work either (this one - thejbnet.com/progs/xgui/?p=dow­nload).
I also tried updating my Net Framework, though I already have 4.0, the update failed for some reason, I use XP.
The last thing I tried was patching using the "> This is a simple way to patch your ROM that doesn't require xDelta GUI, download it Here! " in the "Beta v3 Download", it worked.

I'm just curious if it's the same as Black-NewStyle-English-ExpPatched.zip?

Anyway, the version I have is a really awesome translation so far but there are still some stuff that would be nice if they got translated:

* When you select a pkmn in Pokemon (duh) you will get a list; Summary, eventual HMs, Switch, Item and Cancel - this stuff (except HMs are still in japanese)
* A whole bunch of stuff in the summary of a pkmn.
* The PC

With those things translated (and maybe some more?) it would be pretty much perfect until the US-release.

spider476

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
pokemonfrontier.zobyhost.com
XP
Country
Mexico
xgamer said:
I just fixed my Black with version 3, haven't tried that much so far...

I'm not sure if I downloaded the most latest version but the title logo was in English, though not the same logo as this:

http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/5787/pkmnblacklogo2.png

The xDelta where you select patch and ROM didn't work, nothing happened when I pressed "patch".
I then tried another version but it didn't work either (this one - thejbnet.com/progs/xgui/?p=dow­nload).
I also tried updating my Net Framework, though I already have 4.0, the update failed for some reason, I use XP.
The last thing I tried was patching using the "> This is a simple way to patch your ROM that doesn't require xDelta GUI, download it Here! " in the "Beta v3 Download", it worked.

I'm just curious if it's the same as Black-NewStyle-English-ExpPatched.zip?

Anyway, the version I have is a really awesome translation so far but there are still some stuff that would be nice if they got translated:

* When you select a pkmn in Pokemon (duh) you will get a list; Summary, eventual HMs, Switch, Item and Cancel - this stuff (except HMs are still in japanese)
* A whole bunch of stuff in the summary of a pkmn.
* The PC

With those things translated (and maybe some more?) it would be pretty much perfect until the US-release.

You patched the rom with beta patch V3.. that is the reason you have that stuff in jap...

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tajio said:
What percentage of the game is translated? I'm mostly interested in story.

1%

They refuse to translate the story. I know the game is coming out but the game feels bare bones without the story. It can still be fun in small doses but I like to be able to immerse myself in the game.

Spenstar

"Leave it to me"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
klim28 said:
I stumbled upon this problem. When a pokemon level up and learn a new move, the text window will be full of ????????????????????. I know its still running because the bgm is still playin and the other pokemon on screen are still somewhat blinking. Then you can't press or touch anything. So the next thing to do is reset the system. In my case, I got 3 pokemon with that problem. I don't know if theres still more. Using V2 btw. Anyone having the game glitch/bug/problem?
That problem has been reported to the translators and will be fixed in the next version.

darkspirit456

Trophies
Website
dsmadness.wordpress.com
XP
Country
United States
MakiManPR said:

Yes it will fix for pokemon version 2, just patch a clean rom with my patch included
wink.gif

Why else if it a DSTT fix and it can't load?
tongue.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: anyone