Not open for further replies.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
B3astinSnipes said:
you guys really just found out about v9 0_0 im really shocked cuz.....nvrm im following someone elses anyway whos at v10a but i think he quit
frown.gif
There are two different v9's, one's official and one's not, up until 4 days ago the official 9.0 didn't exist.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just because the other person's version number is higher doesn't mean that it's better.
But since I haven't used Koolayde's or Tanuken's translations yet, I might be just pulling crap out of my mouth.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YayMii said:
Just because the other person's version number is higher doesn't mean that it's better.
But since I haven't used Koolayde's or Tanuken's translations yet, I might be just pulling crap out of my mouth.
Who is this directed towards?

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
machomuu said:
YayMii said:
I was directing it at the guy who said 'hurr durr v9 was already out' when we started talking about Koolayde's translation.

QUOTE(jgblahblahblah @ Feb 14 2011, 07:32 PM)
Hmmm. Is it me or do both the Kana and the Kana Original Names patch for White have japanese names?
Kana=Japanese Pokemon names. Kana+Original=Japanese Pokemon names with the Romaji location names instead of the official names.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YayMii said:
machomuu said:
YayMii said:
I was directing it at the guy who said 'hurr durr v9 was already out' when we started talking about Koolayde's translation.
Hmmm. Is it me or do both the Kana and the Kana Original Names patch for White have japanese names?
Kana=Japanese names. Kana+Original=Japanese Pokemon names with the Romaji location names instead of the official names.
Wait a minute...Kana isn't short for Katakana?

jgblahblahblah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YayMii said:
machomuu said:
YayMii said:

Kana=Japanese Pokemon names. Kana+Original=Japanese Pokemon names with the Romaji location names instead of the official names.
Thanks for clearing that up for me, I thought kanji was Japanese.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
machomuu said:
Yeah. The "Kana" part of the patch is the Katakana Pokemon names (instead of the Official English names), and the "Original" part of the patch is the Romaji town names used in the previous translation patches (instead of the Official English town names).

EDIT: Kanji is the use of Chinese characters in Japanese, while Kana (short for katakana) is one Japanese alphabet (which is used in the game for Pokemon names and some other stuff).

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YayMii said:
machomuu said:
Yeah. The "Kana" part of the patch is the Katakana Pokemon names (instead of the Official English names), and the "Original" part of the patch is the Romaji town names used in the previous translation patches (instead of the Official English town names).

EDIT: Kanji is the use of Chinese characters in Japanese, while Kana (short for katakana) is one Japanese alphabet (which is used in the game for Pokemon names and some other stuff).
Wait...I was right? I guess watching so much fan subtitled anime pays of
smile.gif
. That and my obsession of Japan.

Jundeezy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if it's been asked before, but I did a fair amount of looking around and couldn't find what I was looking for.

Has anyone got cheats working for CycloDS v2.1 on patch v7? I read some people were successfully using cheats just not on the Cyclo. When running cheats I get it frozen at the white screen. Does anyone have any idea how I could get it to work?

Thanks for the thread!

edit: I just turned off all cheats but one. This means either: a certain cheat(s) is causing the freeze or too many cheats cause the freeze.

kore420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i downloaded it and did everything exactly as you said ._. until the part where you say to select the patch you downloaded .... im confused on what to do now and no matter what file i choose and click apply patch ... it doesnt do anything .. just sits there like i never clicked it e_e .... so .. can you make it a lil more specific or like idk ... im dumb lol ty
biggrin.gif

alexg1989

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
in the guide it says wait 60 seconds and then look for the file that says (pokemon_patched) or something similar....

No pop up box will show up telling u that the patching is complete or that it has started... Just click patch and wait...

anyway... after months of stalling I finally decided to give this game and patch a go and it's amazing... great work to everybody who worked on it... it's awesome... incredible stuff

matty_g_8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey not sure if this is the right section but seen as its the pokemon black/white translated ill ask anyways. Well i have been playing pokemon black last couple of days and when black/white is realesed in a week or so will i be able to trade pokemon from the japan translated version to either usa or europe version?

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You probably will, but don't be surprised if the game detects that the Pokémon are hacked. Because the way that the translation translates the names of the Pokémon are unnatural, and will probably be detected by Nintendo..

Hatchetball

RepititionRedundancyRepitition
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will there be a patch to add in the new English names of Pokemon/Cities and other translations? I know the game comes out soon but a patch would still be great.

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Hatchetball said:
Will there be a patch to add in the new English names of Pokemon/Cities and other translations? I know the game comes out soon but a patch would still be great.
No, everyone working on this is going to abandon it until Gray's japanese release.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: wait +1