Hacking Pokemon Black 2 Randomizer Freezes/R4 Gold Pro vs R4 Dual Core

Taitanium

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I remember I used to play Randomized versions of the Gen 5 games a lot a few years back using the Dual Core R4 Card (Which I no longer have). I don't know about any of the files that were on it since I didn't really mess around with flashcarts back then and was given to me by a cousin. All I know is that I had no problem playing any DS game on it and any modified version of a game weather it was a ROM hack or a randomized version of the game.

In 2018-2019 I started to get back into flashcarts by purchasing a "R4I-SDHC 3DS" and a "R4i Gold Pro" 2019 edition. When I tried to play games like the prementioned Black 2 randomizer, and another game called Okamiden, I would get nothing but failures like freezes (while the music is still playing) and sometimes the games not even loading. I looked up guides and came across YSMenu, which seemed promising until I found out the randomized roms dont seem to work on it, since I'm getting errors such as "Unsupported DLDI Name" "rom loading failed errcode 4".

Again I don't know specific stuff about flashcarts but I do know that the dual core worked perfectly fine for me and it seemed to be running off of Wood firmware which seems to be the missing link to all of my problems. If anyone can please help me out that would be great :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: damn