Hacking Please Help! Pokemon White

Djones09

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've searched all over, and I cant find anything on the R4i Card I have. When I tired other things a white menu screen came up on my DSi. I have the Yellow R4i v1.4 Card from www.R4i-Gold.com I updated to the most recent Kernel 1.57. But I cant get Pokemon White to work. I'm not asking for the rom or anything I just need to know if there is something else I need to do. I saw something about Wood? I'm not sure what it is or how to use it. Any help would be greatly appreciated thank you.

Also Idk if mine is bootleg or something? on all the sites I go to the R4i GOLD card is black or white its never yellow. Let me know what you think, thanks.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No experience with R4's, but I will tell you two things:

1) Wood R4 is an alternative R4 firmware, kept much more up to date than the usual abandoned R4 firmwares. This is good. Get it, follow the installation instructions. Hopefully your card can run it. Back your card up first, though.

2) Look in the NDS Rom Hacking and Translation subforum. You will find a thread for the Pokemon Black/White AP Patch. You WILL need that too.

sputnix

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
your first problem is your using a R4 and of all the most recent update is probably just an old update form the dead firmware, I don't know if wood R4 supports pokemon B&W so your going to have to check for yourself

Djones09

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sputnix said:
your first problem is your using a R4 and of all the most recent update is probably just an old update form the dead firmware, I don't know if wood R4 supports pokemon B&W so your going to have to check for yourself

Also I bought it over a year ago, do you have a suggestion for another card?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: :( +1