Thirty3Three

Musician Member
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When on the mobile Site, pop up ads show up, causing a new tab to open with one of those "congratulations!" B.s. spam things.

Please fix this, mods.

Thanks!

----
Edit by Costello: we are really sorry about this, we've recently changed ad providers and we specifically instructed them not to use any popup ads, these are the absolute worst. I have filed a complaint and this will be resolved shortly. I will update this thread when I hear from them. If you have a screenshot of the popup ads or URLs of the popup pages this would help, please PM them to me

Last edited by Costello,

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
uBlock Origin isn't available on Android unless you use Firefox and even then I'm not sure if it works on Quantum for mobile. Besides, you shouldnt need to have an adblocker to use a website without scam sites popping up.

I've had these kinds of ads on mobile before but they're never in the way so I just tap off, and the full-screen ones only appear every few days of browsing so its not a huge deal (Can confirm the ones on the bottom are a pain in the ass though)

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
damn it, I specifically asked our new ad provider NOT to use ANY popup ads, these are the worst, for gods sake.
I am sorry about this, we really wanted to make it so the ads did not get on the way too much. But believe me the popups should definitely not be happening.

can anyone give screenshots of the ads, or the URLs ? I am going to complain right now but it would help if you could supply a bit more info

edit: I have filed a complaint. I am unhappy about this because I actually insisted strongly on that point - no popup ads.

Last edited by Costello,

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yup, they've been terrible. They started a couple of weeks ago iirc. Didn't the ad system get changed recently also?
I got one like a week ago, and I got them occasionally before on one of my older phones. If you're on mobile you can always use Firefox with uBlock installed. But all my login stuff is on Chrome so I'm just being lazy.

rileysrjay

Connoisseur of all things Morshu
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got one like a week ago, and I got them occasionally before on one of my older phones. If you're on mobile you can always use Firefox with uBlock installed. But all my login stuff is on Chrome so I'm just being lazy.
I'd prefer not to get an ad blocker, plus I have everything set up through chrome too, so I'll just wait. The situation does seem to be getting much better, at first I got a pop up ad pretty much every time I visited gbatemp. Now I get one maybe once every other day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • A @ anotherthing:
    Online was free on the 3DS as well, and it worked well.
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I can't help but think nintendo switch online is the reason we did not get a gameboy/n64/gamecube
    mini classic edition
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, i think it would have been impossible to see anything in a gameboy mini
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    well I meant that as a figure of speech
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    they could just rerelease a modern gameboy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    like the pocket analogue
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    but nintendo licensed
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    dammit that thread got moved from offtopic to edge, well since that happened
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @LeoTCK, atleast it's still avaliable
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yes but it wasn't meant to be a comedy thread
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    and edge of the forum is mostly comedy and games
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    so I don't get why it got moved at all
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @LeoTCK, mods are probably hating you
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    on most sites mods hated me, sooner or later, but usually over time I get either banned or the mods get used to me
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    sometimes to the point of thanking me for my quick actions etc against spam and other stuff, but yea...its either they come to respect me or outright hate me
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    If it's not game related, it will be moved to the Egde of the forum. Mods have moved a few of my threads also.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, it was in the off topic chat forum
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Well atleast they didn't delete it completely.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    hmm
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    uoiea
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    huh?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Aeiou backwards
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Aeiou backwards