PlayStation's version of Game Pass could be unveiled next week

IwKzXQW.jpg

According to Jason Schreier at Bloomberg, Sony could be ready to launch its new subscription service as early as next week. This is the same merging of PS Plus and PS Now that was formerly referred to as Project Spartacus, an answer to the overwhelming success of Microsoft's Game Pass. Apparently, Sony will offer different tiers of access, but it remains to be seen if they are able to provide the same kind of triple-A titles on day one as Microsoft does.

The service is also touted to include classic games from previous generations, which would a big plus due to the very limited backwards compatibility of PS5. The quality of emulation is also a mystery at this point.

A big question mark will hover over the pricing as Microsoft was able to offer amazing deals to boost the sales of Game Pass to the level it is now. If they do manage to get it right, then it could be a big boon for Sony as the PlayStation 5 has currently outsold the Series X by almost twice as many units.

SilverWah

CVS2 best game period.
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I rather have one price tag for the whole shebang compared to tiers. That makes it customer friendly imo but we all know customer friendly methods are a no go for corporate shits.

Reactions: Aristeia

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sony, please give us a GamePass V2 on your environment, you have everything to do it !
V2? There's not even a "v1" as this is a Microsoft service originally.

I just hope Sony doesn't fuck it up and yeah, they have a ton of awesome IPs although a lot of them are dead or forgotten unless they decide to include with their version of the GamePass.

I'd love to see these games being revived:

Reactions: SexiestManAlive

Stone_Wings

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Competition is good, but I do wonder if Sony will be able to respond to the fact Game Pass is on more platforms than consoles.

Maybe this means we will see more PC ports of Sony titles in the future? *Fingers crossed*

You were never aware that PS Now is also available on PC?

Reactions: Lazyboss

GoldenBullet

That One Guy
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel like this is going to end up like how streaming platforms struggle to compete with Netflix. Gamepass is already very widely known and accepted so developers will want to go to that platform. PlayStation just might have major first party games to lure people into getting into it but not much else.

aaronz77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I JUST bought a physical ps plus 12 month subscription card. wondering if I should add it to my account or wait a couple days?!

Aristeia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You were never aware that PS Now is also available on PC?
I was, but streaming games that aren't native ports to a PC never appealed to me... Especially with emulators and the like existing already.

I was hoping more for an equivalent to XGP for windows, where you get access to native titles.

gohan123

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
if it as good as xbox game pass, I might consider getting a ps5 early and a digital edition. then wait for some games, pay 1 month, play through all of them and wait again.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I might be interested in this. I already have psn+. it really depends on monthly cost or if you can buy a year. with game pass, I think the most you can buy in advance is 3 months, which sucks.

TheGodMauro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Sony has an uphill battle when it comes to the subscription service, they multiple first party titles that can entice customers, but on the other hand they don't have anywhere near the amount of funds Microsoft has to pay third parties. As for the different tiers, if I had to guess there's going to be a basic tier with PS+, first party titles and some indies thrown in, maybe even some AA or AAA games; and then there'll be an ultimate plan that covers the same plus streaming of certain, if not all, games through PS Now.

If I had to take another guess this service will likely stay console exclusive for the foreseeable future. While Sony has ported a couple of their games to PC in recent years, those games are not enough to justify expanding the service by themselves, from neither Sony's or player's perspectives.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3910713_1.jpg

$60 for three months and it doesn't even include PS1 and PS2 games?

I really hope this is nothing more than just a rumor.

Reactions: SANIC

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    +1
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ddddddddddddddddddddddd
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my fingie hurt
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Why?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    hangnail thing I think
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ... that's rough buddy
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    peepee
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Roll them little snake eyes in
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :wacko: rolling?
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    make up his mind dude
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Go gay there I made up his mind
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :rofl2::tpi::rofl2: I meant his eyes :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :toot:blow me then @K3Nv2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I'm straight but you're more than welcome to blow ancientboi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    LOL, which straight person does not make gay jokes?
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: LOL, which straight person does not make gay jokes?