Playstation TV Discontinued worldwide

Kamiyama

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
You can install the whitelist patch and play the vita games that sony didn't give access to with the PSTV.

Not me, like I wrote, I'm using legit software with the latest firmware without any hack stuff. At least what I read last time, firmware 3.52 was the latest which can use whitelist hack. Still, no regrets.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

My PSTV already plays PSP, PS1 and all the retro roms. TN-V and TN-X is what you need.
I've got two PSTVs with 3.20 with Patapon 2 (PSP) and Superbike 2 (PS1) so I'm all set but I do notice that there's a slowdown on a few retro emulated games (this would be solved if it ran directly from the PSTV itself than through an eCFW, I think).

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Should have built Vita on top of Android. I bet then all Vita related devices would hev been successful. I actually liked the idea of PSTV. Sad to see it die so quickly :/

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OUYA blows.

Haters gonna hate but my point still stands. Not making portable these days on top of Android is a stupid ass idea. People are tired of carrying around multiple devices on the go. Everyone wants ONE device that does it all. Hell, people are tired of carrying their wallet. Hell if more places would take Android Pay and if my silly state would create a proper Digital ID, the only thing I would carry would be my phone. I'm sure many of us know kids with both a smartphone AND a portable game console. Lets not even talk about adult gamers who might have a portable game console, a person AND work smartphones. I'm not walking around with THREE devices that should all be able to do the same thing. Vita would have had a lot more mileage being built on AOSP. Just because a game is made on Android, does't mean that it has to follow the rules of mobile. There are MANY console style games on Android. People automatically think Angry Birds with Android but that is simply not the case anymore.

Last edited by LightyKD,

rdurbin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its really too bad this happened. I actually liked pstv. It was a great way to play psp, ps1 and "some" vita games. Sony just let it die tho many video apps were not supported and quite a few popular vita games were not compatible. Can also remote play to ps4 but i hardly ever used it as the connection didnt work too well in my house.

woshidashibi0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
did anyone actually even buy one? :lol:
So I did.Actually it's quite interesting to play PSP games on TV,and that's the reason why I bought PSTV.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

its really too bad this happened. I actually liked pstv. It was a great way to play psp, ps1 and "some" vita games. Sony just let it die tho many video apps were not supported and quite a few popular vita games were not compatible. Can also remote play to ps4 but i hardly ever used it as the connection didnt work too well in my house.
So do I.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

My PSTV already plays PSP, PS1 and all the retro roms. TN-V and TN-X is what you need.
Exactly

woshidashibi0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
There are a few PSP games that don't work on TN-X, well, at least in my experience. :( I read a recommendation to use the other alternative but nah, I'll just leave without those games.
Seriously?A PSTV that can't play all PSP games?I mean PSP games don't need a touchscreen to play.What kinds of PSP games that you can't play on PSTV exactly?:unsure:

S

Saiyan Lusitano

Seriously?A PSTV that can't play all PSP games?I mean PSP games don't need a touchscreen to play.What kinds of PSP games that you can't play on PSTV exactly?:unsure:
Tenkaichi Tag Team. Was able to play it for a couple of times but then strangely after it'd just show a black screen.

I'm on TN-V10 and read that TN-V11 is supposedly better. It'd certainly have made things easier if the whole Sony NP9660/M33 drivers were available which aren't on TN-V10.

woshidashibi0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Tenkaichi Tag Team. Was able to play it for a couple of times but then strangely after it'd just show a black screen.

I'm on TN-V10 and read that TN-V11 is supposedly better. It'd certainly have made things easier if the whole Sony NP9660/M33 drivers were available which aren't on TN-V10.
I see.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think this failed from the start if all games did not work. i'm pissed that the first neptunia game did not work and i found out after i bought the TV.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

i think this failed from the start if all games did not work. i'm pissed that the first neptunia game did not work and i found out after i bought the TV.
Sony promoted this to be a PS4 remote play device moreso than the capability to play PS1, PSP or Vita games. The Vita games support kind of died officially since Sony gave up on it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Spring is in the air. +1