Can I homebrew a DEMO MODE PS VITA?

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi, I bought a 2nd hand PS VITA 1000 OLED model, it came with a official sony charger and 8GB official sony memory card.

I want to know if it's safe to homebrew it and disable DEMO MODE permanently.

1. Can I safely homebrew my PS VITA 1000?, I got the SD2VITA adapter, 128GB SanDisk MicroSD card and the 8GB official sony memory card.

2. I saw on Google that you can disable demo mode by homebrewing it and something about IDU via henkaku settings is that safe?, Idk what IDU is and it's not mentioned in the ht tps://vita.hacks.guide / site.

3. Should I homebrew it or get a refund?

I didn't know what demo mode is as my first ever purchased PS VITA 2000 Slim never had this before and I've had to sell my PS VITA 2000 Slim for personal reasons, I googled and found out that ppl say it's a stolen kiosk model, at this point I either get a refund or move forward and homebrew it. I wanna see if homebrew is possible or safe or if not I'll just get a refund.

Model number: PCH-1002, Firmware version: updated to 3.7.4, idk if the previous owner homebrewed it or not as it's from a 2nd hand shop and they won't know either and I won't sign in with my PSN account until I know if it's usuable or not.

I've factory reset and I know the temporary solution to disable demo mode is plug the charger in, press L+R+dpad UP+START then it'll return to retail mode, enter standby mode, wait for the PS button to stop flashing blue, unplug charger and wake it up from standby mode. This method has worked so far, it doesn't keep restarting back into demo mode every 5 minutes and I just need to not turn off the console.

Please help me, I'm tech-savvy-ish, I've homebrewed my PS VITA 2000 Slim before using the ht tps://vita.hacks.guide / site with no issues and got the SD2VITA with my 128GB SanDisk working. but I googled that if you homebrew a stolen kiosk model it'll brick the console because it has to downgrade to 3.60 for ENSO.

I just want to be safe as I'm paranoid as this cost me $185 AUD so I want it to be worth my money. If you're going to help, please be specific as possible and keep it simple. thanks

I created this account just to get help.

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think there is a way to remove demo mode permanently, but I could be wrong. I haven't been in the vita scene for a while, but if you haven't done so already, follow these steps for unlocking demo mode 1. Turn your Ps Vita off and plug it in while it's off. 2. While it's plugged in, turn the Vita on. 3. When you come into the "Demo Mode" screen, do L+R+Up (D-Pad)+Start, all at the same time for about 7 seconds. 4. Once the "Demo Mode" words go away in the corner, click the power button. 5. Wait for the blue PS light to go out after about 15 seconds. 6. Right after the light goes out, quickly unplug the power source and wake it up. 7. Now your Ps Vita will last as long as you want until you completely restart it. 8. If you do restart it, just repeat the process!

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I don't think there is a way to remove demo mode permanently, but I could be wrong. I haven't been in the vita scene for a while, but if you haven't done so already, follow these steps for unlocking demo mode 1. Turn your Ps Vita off and plug it in while it's off. 2. While it's plugged in, turn the Vita on. 3. When you come into the "Demo Mode" screen, do L+R+Up (D-Pad)+Start, all at the same time for about 7 seconds. 4. Once the "Demo Mode" words go away in the corner, click the power button. 5. Wait for the blue PS light to go out after about 15 seconds. 6. Right after the light goes out, quickly unplug the power source and wake it up. 7. Now your Ps Vita will last as long as you want until you completely restart it. 8. If you do restart it, just repeat the process!

Hi, I've already done this, but do you know if it's safe to homebrew it following the ht tps://vita.hacks.guide / ? or should I just get a refund?

To clarify if I can't disable demo mode then can I turn it into retail mode?

Last edited by aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa,

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd suggest to join the HENkaku Discord channel they were a huge help to me when I was hacking my OLED Vita.

There is a possibility so check that out. Great community and super helpful.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'd suggest to join the HENkaku Discord channel they were a huge help to me when I was hacking my OLED Vita.

There is a possibility so check that out. Great community and super helpful.
Hi thanks for your reply, I joined the Discord and someone helped me homebrew my kiosk model PS VITA into a retail mode PS VITA and everything is working fine now. thanks for your help guys.

To anyone wondering if they can homebrew a kiosk model PS VITA into a normal retail PS VITA, the answer is yes, just do what Nero99 says and then proceed to homebrew it.

Edit: I disabled IDU mode so demo mode is permanently disabled.

Last edited by aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa,

Dicedrago

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi thanks for your reply, I joined the Discord and someone helped me homebrew my kiosk model PS VITA into a retail mode PS VITA and everything is working fine now. thanks for your help guys.

To anyone wondering if they can homebrew a kiosk model PS VITA into a normal retail PS VITA, the answer is yes, just do what Nero99 says and then proceed to homebrew it.

Edit: I disabled IDU mode so demo mode is permanently disabled.
Can you help me get my system off DEMO mode permanently the above way to temporarily remove it doesnt work

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Batman joined the Trans Justice League
    +2
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    based af
    +2
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Forget the base, get on the roof.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Is that a bat in your buckle or are you just happy to have me
    Wonder "Woman" lol you wonder if they are a woman?
    The Riddler has questions...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Played a little of snow day glad I didn't spend $30
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's asthetic is okay maybe a good $10 grab
    Lol is it a game about doing cocaine?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably in pvp
    I tried Balders Gate II on the PS2 a few minutes ago, not bad lol
    My back catalog of games is like that scene at the end of Indiana Jones where the arc of the covenant is being stored in a giant ass warehouse
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    At least I can will my game catalog to family members
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's your problem now bitches
    Put it in your will that in order to receive any money they have to beat certain games, hard games and super shitty games...
    Say 20 bucks per Ninja Gaiden on the NES lol 60 bucks for all 3
    People you like "Beat level 1 of Ms Pacman" lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hello kitty ds is required
    +1
    Beat Celebrity Death Match on the PS1 omg tried it earlier today .... Absolutely trash
    Like -37 out of 10
    One of the worst games I have ever played
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make them rank up every cod game out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    "Now I know why he took his own life"
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"