PlayStation to start its own brand of Nintendo Direct-like announcement streams called State of Play

vdfgfdg.png

Nintendo really set up an industry precedent with its Nintendo Directs, compiling all major game announcements into a short video, and giving consumers a good look at what games are slated for the future. We saw Microsoft try out a similar format with their Inside Xbox series, where they discuss monthly Game Pass additions, new games, and more. Now, PlayStation is tossing its hat into the ring with the newly announced State of Play video series. The first stream will take place on March 25th, and will showcase upcoming titles for the PlayStation VR and PlayStation 4. You'll be able to tune in on PlayStation's official Twitch or YouTube account. As PlayStation skipped out on last year's PSX, and won't be attending this year's E3, this could be a good way for the company to continue revealing future plans for its software. Currently, there's only a few PS4 exclusives in the works, such as The Last of Us 2, Ghosts of Tsushima, Death Stranding, and Days Gone. Are you looking forward to seeing footage for any of those games?

:arrow: Source

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At least I seen some concern about E3. I was fine with Nintendo doing it, but I didn't know companies would follow right after. E3 might still be around, but it looks like the stage conferences are numbered.

TerminatR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
State of Play?

Anyone else think of 'State of Decay' when they read this?

I think 'Days of Play' would have been a better choice, and something people already associate with Sony.

nWo

The Game Master
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Mexico
Sony had the throne of videogaming once (I'm a Nintendo fan) but they dropped the ball. Even Microsoft who are some greedy guys (although recently they have shown a bit more of care) have been doing a better job in the last couple years.

I'm no fanboy, I just enjoy great games and the 3 companies have them, but out of the 3, Sony is the one I feel more far away. Somehow they lost the heart for this.

Hope the make a comeback.

DANTENDO

I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sony had the throne of videogaming once (I'm a Nintendo fan) but they dropped the ball. Even Microsoft who are some greedy guys (although recently they have shown a bit more of care) have been doing a better job in the last couple years.

I'm no fanboy, I just enjoy great games and the 3 companies have them, but out of the 3, Sony is the one I feel more far away. Somehow they lost the heart for this.

Laughable:lol: Sony are still top of the throne like Nintendo were top of the throne in snes days nintendo still top company doing ther stuff and having great success with the switch and hav unique games only on ther system but Sonys more powerful system makes it more appealing to the big 3rd party guys-and I'm happy to hav both machines

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

what? sony still has the throne very secure lol, it has the best selling console on the market, all games even multi-plats sell more ps4 copy's than any other console. Microsoft is the worst this gen, they had an awful launch due to their press conference and saying always online console or your games wouldn't work and so on, they dropped the ball hard, no exclusives and most of their games go released on pc due to the xbox falling so hard this gen.

nintendo was on the rock bottom with the wiiu but the switch made them do a comeback and its selling great, games and software alike so yeah not sure where you even think Microsoft is the one doing better when they are on decline since day one and its worse everyday.

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
Is it illegal to like Nintendo and Sony? That's the impression I get from these comments.

I'm sorry, but I don't see the issue here. I want to see both platforms succeed (as well as Microsoft) and continue to compete with each other to provide better quality products to us all.

Is there really a problem with Sony doing this even though Nintendo did it first?

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it illegal to like Nintendo and Sony? That's the impression I get from these comments.

I'm sorry, but I don't see the issue here. I want to see both platforms succeed (as well as Microsoft) and continue to compete with each other to provide better quality products to us all.

Is there really a problem with Sony doing this even though Nintendo did it first?

As long as the do it right, and not like last year's E3, then yes.

nWo

The Game Master
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Mexico
I just can`t remember a recent master piece from Sony. My favorite companies are listed as Nintendo, Sony (PS) and Xbox is my least favorite, I have the X one and just enjoy about 5 good games.

On the other hand, when I had the PS1 and 2, man, they where just great with innovation and awesome game.

Just my two cents, not trying to start a war. I`m happy with my NS.

DollyWhipDoll

Royalty & Unbothered. LMFAO!!! ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They had a Poll of which image they should use for the event. I'll link them below in a spoiler. Seeing as how they say this is, supposedly, "live", it'd better not be like that 1 EA E3 not too long ago.

D2RIQLHX4AAsthv.jpg
D2SHof5WwAUgm3_.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la