PlayStation State of Play July 2021 livestream - roundup

It's time for another PlayStation State of Play live stream, Sony's form of Nintendo Direct. The 30-minute stream will show off new indie and third-party game updates, along with the highlight of new info on Deathloop. Don't expect anything bigger than that, though; Sony already stated that there will be no Horizon or God of War shown off today.

Moss Book II revealed. It'll be on PSVR.

Arcadegeddon is a new IP, goes into early access today, launches 2022. It's a third-person shooter.

Tribes of Midgard will have seasons. This upcoming Wolf Saga season will bring new bosses and classes to the table. This isometric game will require you to utilize good teamwork to raid others.

F.I.S.T. launches September 7th.

Fighting game combat blends with battle royale gameplay in this new game. Hunters Arena focuses on martial arts and combos to defeat enemies. There are plenty of skins for your characters, as is BR tradition. Both AI enemies in the field and other players can kill you. It'll have a solo or trio mode.

Sifu has been delayed to 2022. The game was revealed in February 2021 and was originally set for a release date this year.

SEGA has an update on two games. The first of which is a Demon Slayer anime game. Launches October 15th on both PS4 and PS5.

Lost Judgement is next. Minigames like skateboarding or dog walking are available, with traditional Yakuza gameplay being shown. September 24th.

Death Stranding Director's Cut is mentioned as a PS5 exclusive, again. New battles will be in the game, melee combat has been tweaked, and more. September 24th launch as well.

Deathloop hits September 14th, and will show us some new gameplay. You'll be able to get a power that lets you die twice before the day resets and loops. You can find your older corpses that will let you absorb your previous powers and weapons you had before dying in the last run. As with Dishonored, you'll have multiple ways to plan out your path through a level, and different ways to kill your target.

That's it for the stream.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
This'll be super easy to cover

PS5 has no gaems
You actually believe this or is it just something you say to feel better about low hardware availability? I've certainly not been running low on PS5 content at any point since its release. We get a new upgrade just about every other week, and at least the console has some exclusives, unlike XSX.

Reactions: oibaffus

Chary

Never sleeps
OP
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
You actually believe this or is it just something you say to feel better about low hardware availability? I've certainly not been running low on PS5 content at any point since its release. We get a new upgrade just about every other week, and at least the console has some exclusives, unlike XSX.
I love my PS5, but honestly, with the system's exclusive headliners being Ratchet and Returnal, and a remaster of a PS3 game...it's easy to be underwhelmed. Especially when anything of interest is going to be on PS4 anyway.

That being said, the PS5 is the best PS4 Pro Plus ever.

gaga941021

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Don't be daft.

Reactions: Deleted User

iialaq01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I honestly that’s what I’ve been considering it as. I play the enhanced PS4 titles at 4K 60FPS. I really appreciate and feel the difference. I currently don’t care much about PS5 titles, especially at full $70 price.

I love my PS5, but honestly, with the system's exclusive headliners being Ratchet and Returnal, and a remaster of a PS3 game...it's easy to be underwhelmed. Especially when anything of interest is going to be on PS4 anyway.

Reactions: Chary

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well that was about as exciting as a stag party for an accountant named Kevin. In Weston-Super-Mare. In the rain. On a Tuesday. In October. And the pubs are still shut.

Not very, would be the general gist here.
Great comment made even funnier by the fact most Americans have no fucking clue what a stag party is :rofl2:

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Meh they can keep releasing games on PS4 for PS5's entire lifecycle for all I care...they're not worth playing at 20 FPS or less. And the drought isn't nearly as bad as Switch's year one, either.

Yeah I'm glad I only got around to finishing a couple PS4 games on PS4, this feels like how they were meant to be played.

AlexMCS

Human
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
PS5 really has no games.
I still want it for my PS4 games though. /shrug.

Too bad I won't be getting one until next year, at the earliest.
I won't be giving in (more than the official local MSRP, AKA US$ 800) to the scalpers and their abusive prices over here ( >US$ 1.2k).

WG481

Official Waluigi Propagandist
Trophies
Somewhere. Look hard enough and you could find me.
XP
Country
United States
I waited 8 years for persona 5 after playing P4. Shit I bought a ps3 at launch for it and eventually i got it for ps4. So I think it will be a while before P6
Well the time between P4AU and P5 was 4 years (because of PQ and the Arena games) We only have a few years

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Agreed, a lot of PS4 games run better on PS5, i.e. with locked 60 fps instead of garbage VRR between 30-45 fps.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

lol it has like, 2 games. One being a remaster. Which, don't get me wrong, will get me to USE a PS5 one day. But i'd never waste my money on one.

I'd take the immense catalog of backwards compatible and enhanced games over the tiny handful of PS exclusives with a crap controller and online support.

Sony got curbstomped this gen so far. The fact most good games on the xbox are available for a tiny monthly subscription is also a massive bonus. Maybe sony will catch up in a decade.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
lol it has like, 2 games. One being a remaster. Which, don't get me wrong, will get me to USE a PS5 one day. But i'd never waste my money on one.
It has four really solid exclusives, XSX has zero.

I'd take the immense catalog of backwards compatible and enhanced games over the tiny handful of PS exclusives with a crap controller and online support.
Are you under the false impression that PS5 doesn't have backward compatibility and/or enhanced games? And the DualSense is a much better controller than XSX's lazy copy-paste job from last gen, sorry. Online play should be free, so both services get points deducted for that one.

Sony got curbstomped this gen so far.
The sales numbers tell a very different story. Microsoft finished third last gen behind both Sony and Nintendo, despite the fact that XB1 had a five-year head start on Switch. So far this generation seems to be much of the same. It's just a good thing they've got PC gaming to fall back on and keep them afloat.

The fact most good games on the xbox are available for a tiny monthly subscription is also a massive bonus. Maybe sony will catch up in a decade.
Your mistake is believing that Sony cares about competing with Game Pass at all. Yes, it's a great value for people who don't have much of an existing library, but it's also not all that profitable compared to the traditional model of selling games at $60+ a pop. Sony controls that segment of the market right now and has for quite some time, putting them in a rather enviable position.

Last edited by Xzi,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: +1