PlayStation State of Play July 2021 livestream - roundup

It's time for another PlayStation State of Play live stream, Sony's form of Nintendo Direct. The 30-minute stream will show off new indie and third-party game updates, along with the highlight of new info on Deathloop. Don't expect anything bigger than that, though; Sony already stated that there will be no Horizon or God of War shown off today.

Moss Book II revealed. It'll be on PSVR.

Arcadegeddon is a new IP, goes into early access today, launches 2022. It's a third-person shooter.

Tribes of Midgard will have seasons. This upcoming Wolf Saga season will bring new bosses and classes to the table. This isometric game will require you to utilize good teamwork to raid others.

F.I.S.T. launches September 7th.

Fighting game combat blends with battle royale gameplay in this new game. Hunters Arena focuses on martial arts and combos to defeat enemies. There are plenty of skins for your characters, as is BR tradition. Both AI enemies in the field and other players can kill you. It'll have a solo or trio mode.

Sifu has been delayed to 2022. The game was revealed in February 2021 and was originally set for a release date this year.

SEGA has an update on two games. The first of which is a Demon Slayer anime game. Launches October 15th on both PS4 and PS5.

Lost Judgement is next. Minigames like skateboarding or dog walking are available, with traditional Yakuza gameplay being shown. September 24th.

Death Stranding Director's Cut is mentioned as a PS5 exclusive, again. New battles will be in the game, melee combat has been tweaked, and more. September 24th launch as well.

Deathloop hits September 14th, and will show us some new gameplay. You'll be able to get a power that lets you die twice before the day resets and loops. You can find your older corpses that will let you absorb your previous powers and weapons you had before dying in the last run. As with Dishonored, you'll have multiple ways to plan out your path through a level, and different ways to kill your target.

That's it for the stream.

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well that was about as exciting as a stag party for an accountant named Kevin. In Weston-Super-Mare. In the rain. On a Tuesday. In October. And the pubs are still shut.

Not very, would be the general gist here.
I almost drowned in Weston-Super-Mare when I was a kid. (True Story) .. Relevant? .. No .. More interesting than this State of Play? .. definitely :P

DarkCamui

Trophies
XP
Country
This State of Play was very underwhelming, but so was Nintendos Oled Switch announcement as well. I was somewhat hoping that they would announce the PS5/PC port of Bloodborne with 4K60 during this State of Play. As a day 1 PS5 owner the only game I pretty much has been playing on my PS5 since it's release is Demon's Souls and Spider-Man Morales a little bit, all other games I can play on my gaming PC. Sure the 60 fps patches for Final Fantasy 7 part 1 remake, Ghost of Tsushima and The Last of Us part 2 was very welcome but it's games I've already played.

So far Microsoft with how they roll out the games for series s/x and how the game performance boosts, game-pass, backwards-compat etc works seems to be doing really great this generation and this is coming from someone that always had a bias towards Sony and Nintendo.

Reactions: ChronoTrig

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So far Microsoft with how they roll out the games for series s/x and how the game performance boosts, game-pass, backwards-compat etc works seems to be doing really great this generation and this is coming from someone that always had a bias towards Sony and Nintendo.
This is just what people keep hearing and repeating but there's nothing to it. The backwards compatibility and enhancement is good on both and there's very little difference in the games between them other than Sony has a few exclusives. Game Pass is getting tons of marketing hype but it's not actually any better than Sony's offering and in fact has much fewer games on it. There is a chance that in the future there will be a clear leader this gen but right now there just isn't.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    they have other stuff like goguardian too
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ours mainly relied on the router, I believe.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school network and chrome policies block stuff too
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    alot of yt to mp3 sites are blocked by light speed for "Security"
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was easy to bypass some of the restrictions, as one of the admins left a registry key in the administrative shares drive, which allowed me to get around the blocking of some sites.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    tf does tta mean
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    yeah this is chrome os
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    cant do shit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Wdym 'TTA'?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    that* as in why yt to mp3 sites are blocked for security
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Remember when YouTubetoMP3 was a thing back in the 2010s?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Until YT updated some stuffs and broke the website.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I was 2 in 2010
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Oh lol
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    This was in the Minecraft-era.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    lol Bun rockin out at 2 :rofl2:
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    same tbh
    ♫ Mama hully gully, Papa hully gully, Baby hully gully too:rofl2:
    Oh god, I really am old. lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @SylverReZ, sup Sylv!
    Anyway, I gotta go to the store. L8er guys. Oops, I better put some clothes on :shy::tpi::rofl2:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Sicklyboy, Hey there Sickly.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Sicklyboy, Hey there Sickly.