Playing Wii games on Gamepad (either with no motion support or mapped to the buttons)?

SureCandle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Is there a way to play Wii games on the Gamepad? Maybe motion controls could be mapped to the right analogue stick (movement) and some button (shaking). And of course there's Wii games that still work well without motion controls.

I'm more of a handheld guy and not so much a "hand-moving" guy lol.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think so, with some games; other games require like a gecko code for remapping. I know a lot of people hated the motion controls in dkc returns, so there's a code for that.

SureCandle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Do you know how to do this? Are there patches for some games (like DKC)? Or is there a tool that makes it possible to map the (motion) controls to your liking - and of course make the Wii U allow you to use the Gamepad's buttons and either the Gamepad or TV screen?

VGT2615

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately, mapping Wii motion controls to the gamepad doesn't seem to be possible yet (AFAIK). If you have a DualShock PS3/4 controller, then Fakemote could solve your issue.

Tur7L3

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Do you know how to do this? Are there patches for some games (like DKC)? Or is there a tool that makes it possible to map the (motion) controls to your liking - and of course make the Wii U allow you to use the Gamepad's buttons and either the Gamepad or TV screen?
You can quite literally exactly do that. For now it's only with games that had shaking functioning like a button, AS DKC! You pretty much inject a gecko code inti the rom and then transform that into a WUP to install intonthe U menu which will ask if you wanna use the Gamepad beforehand
https://gbatemp.net/threads/donkey-kong-country-returns-wii.502284/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: @The Real Jdbye @SylverReZ @Xdqwerty :creep: +1