Playing legit Wii Sports on modded Wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Tatum106, Dec 25, 2009.

1. Tatum106
    OP

Tatum106 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 25, 2009
    United States
    I have my Wii modded to system menu 4.2. I brought it home for Christmas, where we have a legit copy of Wii Sports Resort. The disc channel prompted me to perform a system update before I could play. Will updating cause any of my homebrew stuff to stop working?

I have a backup of my NAND stored on the computer, so if it does break, I can just reload all the prevoius config, but I'd really like to avoid to doing that if at all possible. Is this a safe update, or should I avoid it?

2. Hells Guardian

Hells Guardian GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 25, 2008
    United States
    use a system hack to bypass the disk update check. startpatch or priiloader will work for the task....... or you can load the title through a homebrew loader.

3. rayben

rayben GBAtemp Regular

Sep 12, 2009
    United States
    West Virginia
    Install Preloader (preferably priiloader) and turn on "skip disk update check" I believe its under system menu hacks.

Edit: I wasnt fast enough [​IMG]

4. Tatum106
    OP

Tatum106 Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 25, 2009
    United States
    Thanks guys. I used StartPatch, it sounded easier than Priiloader in my relatively buzzed state [​IMG]

Appreciate the help and Merry Christmas!

5. Hells Guardian

Hells Guardian GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 25, 2008
    United States
    Not a problem hey. Happy holidays and enjoy the gaming!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice