Piracy and game sales...

Has the option of pirating games made you buy more or less games?

• More.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No change.

• Less.

• I don't do piracy.

• No idea but I'd like to vote anyway.

• Total voters

Ragone

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Piracy is a way to test shitty games I would otherwise not buy...like "open season" and games companies thought were a good idea but in reality nobody will buy.

TripleA

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dont even bother with Crygor64

he had in his sig here on gbatemp that dcforums.co.uk gave him a virus..Im a mod there i sent him a pm asking about it and telling him that the forums couldnt give him a virus....Instead of a civilized reply from him i was called a jackass and was told to go fuck myself...

Seems to me just another lonely person on the net looking for a little Attetion cause in the real world they cant get any

:'( :'(

Back on topic

Privacy drives hardware sells

kind of hard to play backup 360 games with out a xbox 360.....

i buy games only if i like them etc like renting from blockbuster privacy just another way to try before you buy..
Does it hurt software sells yes
are you gonna do something about it i think not

Crygor64

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

he had in his that dcforums.co.uk gave him a virus..Im a mod there i sent him a pm asking him that the forums couldnt give him a virus....Instead of a civilized reply from him i was called a jackass and was told to go fuck myself...

Actually I told you that the virus came from one of your torrents, not from the forums. Obviously you can't get a virus from a forum. Edit: Its nothing personal TripleA. Check your inbox.

Oh and piracy drives hardwares sales?

Really, then explain why the PSP is such a failure?

What about the Dreamcast? Piracy on the the DC was so simple it wasn't even funny. Playing back ups on that machine was a breeze. (Just don't get them from DCF, otherwise you'll get a virus.)

Hitto

MKDS Tournament Winner
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France

he had in his sig here on gbatemp that dcforums.co.uk gave him a virus..Im a mod there i sent him a pm asking about it and telling him that the forums couldnt give him a virus....Instead of a civilized reply from him i was called a jackass and was told to go fuck myself...

Seems to me just another lonely person on the net looking for a little Attetion cause in the real world they cant get any

:'(Â :'(

Heh. Point taken, but I knew he was flamebaiting just to get some attention. Just wanted to point out how far and low an internet tough guy will go.
Remember yesterday, when he asked a mod to lock a topic he started because people thought the link he provided was shit?

Thanks for proving our points, cry. I'll keep calling you like this. If I ever care to indulJe in discussion with you.

PS : I'm leaving that typo in plain sight. arguing grammar on the internet makes you look really smart !!!!! do it again!!!

Crygor64

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Actually I had the post locked because of the inflamatory anti-piracy rant found in the posted article. I hadn't realized it would cause so much trouble. Honestly, I had just skimmed over that part. And Hitto, you can call me out any time you wish. I'm always up for a debate.

Anyway, I have heard Sega employees state that piracy was a major contributing factor in the death of the Dreamcast. Some of them feel the system was doomed the second it got cracked.

Its a sad fact considering how much I loved Sega. And yet at the same time, I owned a bunch of DC back ups. (Hundreds) So in a way, I helped kill one of my favorite systems and the company that created it.

Lets face it, Sega has never been the same since the DC failed.

I suspect the same thing is happening with the PSP. Now you can say the software library is lacking. (That's a point of view thing really.) But with all the PSP systems that have been sold, PSP games should be doing a lot better than they are. As I said before, there hasn't been a single PSP game in the top 25 NPD sales for the past 8 months.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @PandaPandel, irl or in the game?