Pinky's PS4 Tutorials

Discussion in 'PS4 - Tutorials' started by godreborn, Jan 28, 2017.

1. godreborn
    OP

godreborn GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    Pinky’s PS4 Tutorials

[​IMG]

★ How To Block Automatic Download/Install Of Updates ★

Let me preface this tutorial by saying that the ps4, for some reason, still downloads updates even if the option is checked off. And, I've heard reports of some people's ps4's, not only downloading, but installing updates. If you want to make sure you stay on 3.55, for possible henkaku support, follow this tutorial. Also, you can block updates with some routers, but this tutorial is assuming you don't have a router that can block updates or can't block all update servers.

Download ccproxy from its official website.

Open ccproxy and click on options to check the http port being used. You may change the port if you wish, but I left it at 808 to prevent any conflicts.

Close the options menu, and click on account.

In the permit category section, make sure it says permit only. For auth type, select mac address.

Now, click on web filter.

Select new. Now, name the web filter. Make sure site filter and forbidden sites is selected. In the box below, copy and paste this:

Code:
    post.net.playstation.net;*get.net.playstation.net;*fus01.ps4.update.playstation.net;*feu01.ps4.update.playstation.net;*deu01.ps4.update.playstation.net;*ps4updptl.eu.np.community.playstation.net;*tmdb.np.dl.playstation.net;*themis.dl.playstation.net;*sf.api.np.km.playstation.net;*asm.np.community.playstation.net;*artcdnsecure.ribob01.net;*api-p014.ribob01.net;*apicdn-p014.ribob01.net;*tprof.np.community.playstation.net;*ps4updptl.eu.np.community.playstation.net;*ps4.updptl.spint.community.playstation.net;*ps4updptl.jp.spint.community.playstation.net;*ps4eb.ww.np.dl.playstation.net;*dus01.ps4.update.playstation.net;*ps4.updptl.np.community.playstation.net;*ps4updptl.jp.np.community.playstation.net;*http://djp01.ps4.update.playstation.net;*fjp01.ps4.update.playstation.net
    These are the sony update servers. Select save and close web filter.

Now, you should still be in the account tab. Select new.

Name your new account. Type in the mac address of your ps4 (mac sure mac address/host name is enabled). Check web filter. Select the web filter that you created. Now, click save and ok to close the new account.

On your ps4, select custom for your internet connection. Select the default options until you get to proxy. In the proxy section, select use. Now, type in the ip address of your computer. You can find this by going into command prompt and typing

Code:
    ipconfig /all
    Next, select the port that you created in the options section.

Now, test if it worked by selection system update in the settings section. You should receive an error. You should still be able to access the internet as well. Enjoy!

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for any damage you may cause to your PS4. Just follow the instructions, and you’ll be fine! :)

cvskid likes this.
  2. godreborn
    OP

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    only added this tutorial since some people's systems r downloading and installing updates by themselves despite the options being ticked to off.

3. Zero72463

Zero72463 GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 27, 2016
    United States
    There is already a guide for that.

4. Enigma Hall

Enigma Hall GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 6, 2013
    Brazil
    If I dont configure a network at all it dont will do alone. Right? Is aways my concern with this generation.

5. Zero72463

Zero72463 GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 27, 2016
    United States
    Yeah all you have to do is setup internet with a fake DNS then after you set it up uncheck the internet option and done. The DNS thing is in case it somehow gets connected the false dns won't allow services to work properly.

6. godreborn
    OP

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    it won't be able to update, no. there r two options to download and to install updates automatically, but they don't seem to work correctly. I have a friend whose system download and installed an update despite the system options being disabled. I have a Japanese system that downloads updates despite the option being off. it's never installed an update though. u can still access the internet with the update servers blocked. this blocks the system update section, psn updates, and automatic updates.

7. Zero72463

Zero72463 GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 27, 2016
    United States
    As stated before a guide was made for this already.

8. godreborn
    OP

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    this tutorial is a launchpad for more once more is done hacking-wise. I don't own a 1.76 system, so I have no experience with that. I only write what I know.

9. Zero72463

Zero72463 GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 27, 2016
    United States
    It's good to contribute there are some problems though. If people are looking to fix a specific problem or a guide they can't find it easily because of the title. These guides should be made individually with there own names. This site isn't very active when it comes to PSX mostly 3DS and Wii U, only problem is this site is safe. Sites like PSX-PLACE, PSXHAX, and PS3NEWS have been hacked before and most of them sell account usernames and passwords. I even have a friend who is a expert at this stuff. So idk why that is.

10. Enigma Hall

Feb 6, 2013
    Brazil
    So. Even if i dont configure a wifi i still meed to put a dns fake to stay offline. Lol. Hell.

Zero72463 likes this.
  11. Zero72463

Zero72463 GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 27, 2016
    United States
    Nah, I mean you can use the services you want and when you are done setup the internet with some random DNS and uncheck the internet option. That's it! :D

12. Enigma Hall

Feb 6, 2013
    Brazil
    Lol, you didnt get it. This console will never use internet.

13. godreborn
    OP

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    r u saying that a random dns will block updates? I nabbed most of the updates by using cc proxy to see what my system was connected to. the main update server leads to an xml file that lists the update site itself. the system appears to have backup sites listed in case one goes down, but the main xml and update server itself r listed in my list. trying to update will result in an error even if trying to update via psn. one skprx seems to be what determines if ur on the latest firmware. that goes through the update servers, but the update servers themselves r blocked. I realize it's somewhat misleading to have this thread named "Pinky's PS4 Tutorials," but it's a placeholder since we can't rename the title of threads. I plan to add more once more is known about how the system works. thank u for the feedback though. :)