Hacking Question Pin 1, 7 and 10, Which one triggers the log message?

D

DeletedMember411838

I really doubt Nintendo is going to attempt to ban people because pin 10 has grounded considering this could be triggered due to some kind of fault. I think the only way they'll ban is if they detect game modification or homebrew. Is there also any proof that 10 being grounded is actually logged at all in any currently released FW versions?

I highly doubt that the pins being grounded is logged.

I do not doubt that booting into Recovery Mode is logged though. Whether that is something they actively check for, or have call home about who knows.

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think they won't be detecting RCM so soon... what is bad is if you have the latest Joy-con FW and permanent short I think on pin 9+10 after booting to Horizon, the joy-con FW will know, so they ppl use a resistance or use a magnetic switch or add a button to enter RCM and then stop shorting.

IPLbug

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nah they won't ban people for grounding pin 10.

they could ban you if they found an error log, wich indicates that an malicious custom script/program was trying to enter an secured area. therefor they can confirm you were using a way to hack the system

They will ban based on people bridging pin 10 claiming you broke the user agreements as by now they know anyone doing it;is modifying some part of the os and that will be the end of it. I wouldn't be surprised if in recent updates or future fw there was a flag to detect rcm mode being activated.
there just waiting on having a significant number of consoles detected to start banning in waves.

TicinoLX

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I think they won't be detecting RCM so soon... what is bad is if you have the latest Joy-con FW and permanent short I think on pin 9+10 after booting to Horizon, the joy-con FW will know, so they ppl use a resistance or use a magnetic switch or add a button to enter RCM and then stop shorting.

What about AutoRCM?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

failzers

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so would you like to make the statement that ANY GAME that sells under 1.5 million copies a flop. Be aware of what games actually sold more than that. So far, you haven't proved a single bit of evidence that shows that a majority of purchasers were hackers. it cannot be a "fact" without anything to back it up, its only a theory.
No, that is not what i'm saying. You also aren't proving jack that it isn't.

matias3ds

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Guys i finally made it and could enter in rcm mode with tin foil between pin 9 and 10 , the Axe drivers got installed tegra show greencolor and detected my switch , but when u hit send payload ,,, tegra crush everytime just kept frexxe in the orange color sendind the paylod ,, could it be because i am in 5.1 firmware and i enter rcm mode with pin 9 and 10 ?? or could it be because im sending a wrong .bin file thats its not updated for 5.1 firmware ?

210modz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys i finally made it and could enter in rcm mode with tin foil between pin 9 and 10 , the Axe drivers got installed tegra show greencolor and detected my switch , but when u hit send payload ,,, tegra crush everytime just kept frexxe in the orange color sendind the paylod ,, could it be because i am in 5.1 firmware and i enter rcm mode with pin 9 and 10 ?? or could it be because im sending a wrong .bin file thats its not updated for 5.1 firmware ?

Don't shove tinfoil inside your joycon pins. Best advice you will get today.

Reactions: matias3ds

GBADWB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, that is not what i'm saying. You also aren't proving jack that it isn't.

I'm the not the one running around saying everything I say is a fact. If you tally up all the probable sales, you're implying that 3 million+ 3ds' were sold specifically for piracy reasons

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All payload.bins are supported on all firmwares because it relies on a hardware exploit in the Tegra chip's RCM. If you're using the GUI version (which I believe you are...?), then go back to TegraRCMSmash. I've heard some users have problems with that.

Reactions: matias3ds

matias3ds

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
All payload.bins are supported on all firmwares because it relies on a hardware exploit in the Tegra chip's RCM. If you're using the GUI version (which I believe you are...?), then go back to TegraRCMSmash. I've heard some users have problems with that.
Thanks as if heard that entering in rcm with tin foil it’s not good I’m going to wait until Friday 15 th when I get the Os xecuter and the set it up for auto rcm mode ,, I just wanted to try that my usb c 3.0 cable works even with a 2.0 usb computer and that could installed the drivers when I saw the green screen on Tegra I relaxed

Kupie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I highly doubt Nintendo would believe that argument in any way as they would just respond with sucks to be you as they can't really weed out the real legit people breaking there stuff from people ilegaly modifying there switches as a result of that conundrum they will treat all cases reported to them as infringement of the user agreement without any hesitation.
I think I just had an aneurysm

Reactions: Maximilious

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Click on your profile pic in the top right corner, and you'll get the profile menu popup, with...