Hacking Question Pin 1, 7 and 10, Which one triggers the log message?

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Oh get off your high horse if you think you're one of the intellectuals.
But he's at least half right. It's not logged during RCM boot. It just can't be.
Just like that it was going around that Hekate damaged the SOC's. What a stupid rumor.
People are just playing telephone, it originated in something true, only it wasn't even related to Hekate.

D

DeletedMember411838

The thread is away from its origin. Nintendo can ban you if you break their TOS. You can’t illegally modify your switch, except you turn it into a bomb or something similar, it’s yours. Nintendo should choose wisely if they really want to ban every modified device. They could loose many customers who gladly want to pay games/services and want to use their system as they wish. Piracy isn’t really a big problem. You can bet we kids in the 90s were much more abusive in these terms.

So what, just allow people to stral games and chest online? Whilst screwing over the paying community, that wants a cheat free online. The fact is the community that hacks there systems is extremely small, Nintendo can ban them all and be just fine.

Besides, they are only banning online play. So what is the issue? Unless you want to chest online, then there's really no reason to complain.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

But he's at least half right. It's not logged during RCM boot. It just can't be.

He is zero right, you think Windows doesn't store errors for BSODs before you are logged in? It does.

You think the bios, doesn't register Blue Screens from unstable overclocks before you even see the windows loading screen? It does.

They don't know you physically shorted out the pins, they don't care, the system does report that the system was booted into RCM, and then sends that Info to Nintendo. Along with any other errors you may get.

Want to not send that in? Then don't enable online on your switch. You are not going to stop it from calling home, and your not going to stop it from reporting logs to home.

They may find a way to delete those errors before you go online, we will have to see.

That said, tey are using a very similar system to PS4, which to this day, CANNOT GO ONLINE, once jailbroken.

Online service is all the proof you need. They cannot allow modified consoles to cheat in games, when users are paying a fee. They will shut you down, just like PS4 has done all these years. This isnt a 3DS, they are not messing around this time.

Fornite is coming to Switch, Smash is shooting for mass sales and ranked play, as is Splatoon. Nintendo wants ESports, and they won't get it with hackers.

Last edited by ,

failzers

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The fact is the community that hacks there systems is extremely small, Nintendo can ban them all and be just fine.

Not true at all. Do you really think people are still buying a bunch of 3ds's because of it's killer lineup this year and the past? The 3ds is only still being sold because of hacks, and that's a fact.

D

DeletedMember411838

Not true at all. Do you really think people are still buying a bunch of 3ds's because of it's killer lineup this year and the past? The 3ds is only still being sold because of hacks, and that's a fact.

The 3DS is being sold because it is cheap. It has nothing to do with Hacks, you overestimate the amount of Pirates and hackers.

Either way it's irrelevant, there is alot more people that will pony up 20 a year for hack free online. If they allow hackers, there will be a whole lot of refunds, and they can't afford that.

Also even if that is true, Nintendo makes pennies on switch hardware, most of there money is coming from Software, which doesn't sell to The CFW Pirates that you claim are buying the systems.

Last edited by ,
Reactions: Subtle Demise

failzers

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you overestimate the amount of Pirates and hackers.
You greatly underestimate them.
If they allow hackers, there will be a whole lot of refunds, and they can't afford that.
As if every other online service on consoles doesn't get hacked. and people wouldn't refund for someone hacking online. You're giving the average consumer way too much faith.

D

DeletedMember411838

You greatly underestimate them.

As if every other online service on consoles doesn't get hacked. and people wouldn't refund for someone hacking online. You're giving the average consumer way too much faith.

I really don't underestimate them. They are a drop in the bucket, less than 5%, likely more like 1-2%.

PS4 and Xbox do not get hacked. Yes PS4 can be jailbroken, however doing so gets you instantly banned from PSN. You can be a COD kid, and call everyone on PSN a hacker when you die, the reality is that simply doesn't truly exist.

It will be okay though, I put my money on no bans until online launches. When online launches, and you pay up your 20 for the year, then they will hit you with a ban hammer. Got to milk that extra 20 first :P.

GBADWB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

that's not even a fact lol. You can literally go to Nintendo's last supplementary earnings release here:

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2018/180426_4e.pdf

take a note on how many copies of Mario Kart 7 (yes the 3ds title) as well as NSMB2 sold on the 3DS in the past year alone. Unless you imply every new 3ds hacker only buys old 2DS' (models which bundled the said titles), your statement is then invalid.

Reactions: DeletedMember411838
D

DeletedMember411838

that's not even a fact lol. You can literally go to Nintendo's last supplementary earnings release here:

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2018/180426_4e.pdf

take a note on how many copies of Mario Kart 7 (yes the 3ds title) as well as NSMB2 sold on the 3DS in the past year alone. Unless you imply every new 3ds hacker only buys old 2DS' (models which bundled the said titles), your statement is then invalid.

Of course hackers on buy 2DS's, they want free games, not expensive consoles, come on now :P :P :P.

failzers

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you might be reading it wrong. The cell all the way to the left is the number they sold just this year alone. And if you are talking about that cell, those numbers are not impressive at all. And yes. The 2ds is still the cheapest model out there. And it wasn't just the old 2ds's that had either of them bundled. There are multiple bundles with just each of those games alone.

GBADWB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you might be reading it wrong. The cell all the way to the left is the number they sold just this year alone. And if you are talking about that cell, those numbers are not impressive at all. And yes. The 2ds is still the cheapest model out there. And it wasn't just the old 2ds's that had either of them bundled. There are multiple bundles with just each of those games alone.

so you don't think them selling 1M+ titles for a dated title not alot? they are in terms of 10,000 sales. For instance, in the same time window, the New 2DSXL was released. It was NOT bundled with these games

Last edited by GBADWB,

failzers

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so you don't think them selling 1M+ titles for a dated title not alot? they are in terms of 10,000 sales. For instance, in the same time window, the New 2DSXL was released. It was NOT bundled with these games
Not when they're pretty basic starter games for the system that anyone will buy even if they are planning to hack their system. I own a bunch of cartridges, and i have a hacked system. What do sales have to do with this? The New 2DSXL isn't the cheapest system either. The old 2ds is.

GBADWB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not when they're pretty basic starter games for the system that anyone will buy even if they are planning to hack their system. I own a bunch of cartridges, and i have a hacked system. What do sales have to do with this? The New 2DSXL isn't the cheapest system either. The old 2ds is.

The thing is that the New 2DSXL is also a popular device. Nintendo wouldn't have a reason on making more models of it if it wasn't profitable for them. All I'm reading so far are purely anecdotes and basically no proof that hacking is what's causing sales to go through. Keep in mind, 2ds are priced like that intentionally and sold well during the holiday season to help with the sales of Pokemon by parents who want the cheapest device, not necessarily hackers. People are really overemphasizing how many people ACTUALLY hacks their devices.

failzers

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The thing is that the New 2DSXL is also a popular device. Nintendo wouldn't have a reason on making more models of it if it wasn't profitable for them. All I'm reading so far are purely anecdotes and basically no proof that hacking is what's causing sales to go through. Keep in mind, 2ds are priced like that intentionally and sold well during the holiday season to help with the sales of Pokemon by parents who want the cheapest device, not necessarily hackers.
What does the N2DSXL being popular do with it? It sold a lot of copies. uhh ok? it was also hackable on release and also was a popular choice for hackers. yeah, of course 2ds are priced like that intentionally, they are budget systems. and even people with hacked systems will go out and buy Pokemon games on cartridge, considering the size they take up on SD cards. Also you have to remember to slash that sales figure in half by two. Nobody buys just one version of Pokemon. When you take all that into account, none of it is really that impressive, and doesn't correlate to your cause either by your argument.

GBADWB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What does the N2DSXL being popular do with it? It sold a lot of copies. uhh ok? it was also hackable on release and also was a popular choice for hackers. yeah, of course 2ds are priced like that intentionally, they are budget systems. and even people with hacked systems will go out and buy Pokemon games on cartridge, considering the size they take up on SD cards. Also you have to remember to slash that sales figure in half by two. Nobody buys just one version of Pokemon. When you take all that into account, none of it is really that impressive, and doesn't correlate to your cause either by your argument.

so would you like to make the statement that ANY GAME that sells under 1.5 million copies a flop. Be aware of what games actually sold more than that. So far, you haven't proved a single bit of evidence that shows that a majority of purchasers were hackers. it cannot be a "fact" without anything to back it up, its only a theory.

matias3ds

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
weird, i remember reading that it was only 1 configuration of bridging.
So if i touch de paper clip with pin 10 and the other end the clip its grounding with my fingers is going to enter in rcm mode ? Im asking because i try inserting the paper clip , with cables , tin foil , screw drives .
And cant get rcm mode even once , and i order OSx license only , i i would of realized that enter in rcm mode was going to be so hard i would of bought the Pro xecuter with the jig .
And here in Argentina nobody sells jigs :-(

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if i touch de paper clip with pin 10 and the other end the clip its grounding with my fingers is going to enter in rcm mode ? Im asking because i try inserting the paper clip , with cables , tin foil , screw drives .
And cant get rcm mode even once , and i order OSx license only , i i would of realized that enter in rcm mode was going to be so hard i would of bought the Pro xecuter with the jig .
And here in Argentina nobody sells jigs :-(
The human body is not the most consistent ground. Yes, its theoretically possible but our bodies are constantly changing so we might be ground one second and not the next. I hear the Switch rail itself acts as a ground. You could use that or even the screws on the rail. Also if you are using a paperclip, you have to really make contact with pin 10 otherwise the current won't flow. That involves some force which is what usually ends up breaking some people's pins.

Reactions: matias3ds

matias3ds

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
The human body is not the most consistent ground. Yes, its theoretically possible but our bodies are constantly changing so we might be ground one second and not the next. I hear the Switch rail itself acts as a ground. You could use that or even the screws on the rail. Also if you are using a paperclip, you have to really make contact with pin 10 otherwise the current won't flow. That involves some force which is what usually ends up breaking some people's pins.
Thanks ,, does anybody nows the exacte distance in centimeters between pin 1 and 10 ?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks ,, does anybody nows the exacte distance in centimeters between pin 1 and 10 ?
Because the paperclip method is designed to connect pins 1 and 10...
View attachment 121499

The dent is a tight fit to be big enough to hold it's place, but not too big to fit at all... Try to make it exactly 2mm, a little more than on my picture and it will be perfect

Reactions: matias3ds

fadx

Filthy Cheater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I really doubt Nintendo is going to attempt to ban people because pin 10 has grounded considering this could be triggered due to some kind of fault. I think the only way they'll ban is if they detect game modification or homebrew. Is there also any proof that 10 being grounded is actually logged at all in any currently released FW versions?

Reactions: Maximilious

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/PYUKEiLGHpQ?si=UosLAHElVkjIKfxN