Hacking Pimp My Wii v2.00

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
No, no exploit needed. The difference to a Nintendo update is that the nintendo update will not only update the system menu to 4.3, it will update and overwrite all IOSes and the Channels.

Kryptical

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
FIX94 said:
No, no exploit needed. The difference to a Nintendo update is that the nintendo update will not only update the system menu to 4.3, it will update and overwrite all IOSes and the Channels.
What he said.

Basically it will update your IOS's to 4.3 but not your system menu.

Richardarkless

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey just done this and I got a little problem

I used it and it went through fine, detected quite a few outdated ios's so I just clicked yes to install them, the only ones I said no to was 222 v5.1 and 223 v5.1 cause I used those before and some games didnt work so I reverted back to v4

Anyway I restarted and it booted fine, I decided what the heck may as well double check I got the latest ios's, listed the amount of titles I got, now its on the testing ios bit and thats where the problem is, it code dumps right after I displays ios249

Did it install a later ios249 cause I thought rev20 was the latest?

EDIT: maybe it detects rev20b is the latest and I updated as soon as soon as rev20 was released

I will most likely have to reinstall ios249

Richardarkless

Trophies
XP
Country
XFlak said:
fyi, there is no such thing as "cIOSrev20b", there is only a "cIOSrev20b Installer", both rev20 installers install the same thing (20b installer just does it with greater success rate)

Ok thanks, I just thought maybe it had a later version thats all, so should I reinstall 249, Ive looked at a video of pimp my wii and after it tests 249, it tests 222, could that be where it code dumps

Ill probably install both 249 and 222 just in case as Ive kept wads of both just in case I ever need them

demon33

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
for those wandering ....

I'm on 4.3U with priiloader,bootmii,new homebrew channel,usb loader, wad manager,wiimc & emulators All working.....

and Windaga IT IS REALLY RISKY, but I have my black theme on 4.3 the .app file is the 97
but you should try only if u have bootmii as boot2 (like me)

ciao

Richardarkless

Trophies
XP
Country
I think there may be a bug cause I tried it again but this time it code dumped at ios80, and it does it at different bits

Everything else works fine including disk games and programs that need 249 and 222

Bobbybangin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
everytime mine did a stack dump it was fixing the ios. you have to restart and then it should go through the process again and won't dump unless it reads another bad ios. when it runs all the way through it will give you a list of ios you need to update yourself and then gives you the option. the only option that didn't work for me was ios34 because it was recommended not to. all my back ups now run off of rev20 and work fine.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
QUOTE said:
CHANGELOG v2.00
===============
- Can now HACK VIRGIN 4.3 WITHOUT ANY CIOS with the installation of IOS 41 v3348 (do not work for 4.3K Wii).
Has anyone confirmed being able to hack a virgin 4.3 Wii with this? Honestly, this may have been working when it was first released... but since then the 4.3B update came out. The 4.3B update installs the latest version of IOS4X on non-korean wii's, preventing them from installing a vulnerable IOS41v3348.

Currently, the only way to get a patched IOS or cIOS on a virgin wii is to use an ahbprot app, like IOS236 Installer or MMM. Basically... this means pimp my wii is useless on a virgin 4.3 wii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)