Pimp My Wii v2.00

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by wiiman123, Aug 8, 2010.

1. wiiman123
    OP

wiiman123 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 5, 2009
    New Zealand
    [​IMG]
    by Attila

News Source & Download - We Brew Wii
    Official Page & Download - Wii-Info.fr

Its been a big leap from v1.43 to v2.00

2. wiiman123
    OP

Apr 5, 2009
    New Zealand
    Strange. It can hack system menu 4.3 and not one reply.

Strange indeed.

3. Kryptical

Kryptical GBAtemp Fan

Jun 10, 2010
    Canada
    Canada
    Maybe no one tried it yet lol. I don't have a 4.3 system menu Wii but I have used Pimp My Wii before.

4. Slimmmmmm

Slimmmmmm GBAtemp MoNkEeE

Nov 1, 2007
    the land of lol
    You would STILL need the indy exploit or SSBB, and if you have them then there are already ways to hack a 4.3, so it's not like WOW or anything, still looks a tidy little app imho.

Thanks for posting wiiman [​IMG]

5. Juanmatron

Juanmatron Slater Color

Aug 5, 2008
    SEGA's World
    And who cares that update? Doesn´t had something useful. I have SystemMenu 4.1 because 4.2/4.3 doesn´t add anything.

6. Windaga

Windaga GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 12, 2009
    United States
    New England
    I've got a question:

I'm using a custom Wii theme on 3.2 (downgraded from 3. something a while ago.)

If I use this, will it remove my theme? Or can I even use this without something going wrong?

7. rommy667

rommy667 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 21, 2008
    Down the road around the corner
    Thanks a lot for the app loved the older ver [​IMG]

8. 9th_Sage

9th_Sage GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 30, 2008
    United States
    ANY time you're installing a new System Menu in any way, it's going to wipe out a customized theme if you have one installed.

9. Windaga

Windaga GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 12, 2009
    United States
    New England
    But it's safe to do so, correct?

10. jelmew

jelmew GBAtemp Regular

Aug 28, 2009
    Netherlands
    Yes, it is safe. What isn't safe however is installing a theme that doesn't fit your system menu versin.

11. wiiman123
    OP

Apr 5, 2009
    New Zealand
    Thats the spirit people [​IMG]

Pretty neat app. Lots of changes from 1.43

Don't have 4.3 myself so was just wonder how people with 4.3 like v2.00.

12. Bloodlust

Bloodlust GBAtemp Maniac

May 25, 2006
    Hong Kong
    It cannot claim to hack any region of a virgin 4.3 console when SSBB/Indianapwns does not support 4.3J besides 4.3k

13. Pippin666

Pippin666 SSF43DE Master

Mar 30, 2009
    Canada
    Montreal, Qc
    Looking for internet-glory ??

Pip'

14. wiiman123
    OP

Apr 5, 2009
    New Zealand
    emmmmm.... no. I just found it strange cuz every other time I posted about new Pimp My Wii releases there would be a couple replies within 24hrs. This time nothing in 24hr, so it was just strange.

You must have one heck of a raging ego with a dash of drama, if glory is all you see, from such a simple post.

Glory is for the weak, makes you dependant on others. Too weak to see your own value and strength. [​IMG]

15. gizmomelb

gizmomelb GBAtemp Regular

Jul 13, 2006
    hi wiiman123,

I'm not familiar with Pimp my Wii and how it works, though it sounds like a great program.

I'm currently on 4.1E, can Pimp my Wii update me to 4.2 (or 4.3) and automatically do the trucha patching and whatever else needs to be done? (Ie: all I need to do is install HBC 1.07, Waninkoko's rev 20 and a USB loader)?

thank you.

16. alphax13

alphax13 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 12, 2008
    United States
    hell
    I would also like to know if I used this would it update my 3.3 to 4.1 or 4.3 without me having to reinstall an exploit like twilight hack or whatever.

Basically what im asking is if I install this right now would I have a wii that could run virtual console games from the sd like regular 4.1 systems can.

Would I need to do anything after I run the program? Thanks if anyone can help, I cant seem to find a guide or specific info.

[​IMG]

17. Bobbybangin

Bobbybangin GBAtemp Regular

Aug 9, 2010
    United States
    I had 4.1 with homebrew installed via bannerbomb about 2 or 3 years ago. an angry woman smashed my wii to pieces so in january i bought a new one and used the old sd card to install homebrew. a couple months ago i was trying to install ios to play back-ups and somehow updated to 4.3. just like that no homebrew and no loading from sd card. i used the 4.3 ssbb virgin install and i had everything back plus i could play back-ups. only problem was i no longer had dvd playback that i had prior to install. i probably won't ever really use it but i'm greedy and i want my wii fully capable. i tried everything from every forum as far as installing cios202, older versions of dvdx, mplayer, downgrading system menu's...nothing worked and my priiloader stopped working. long story short i posted in the forum and got a reply recommending pimp my wii. i tried it and it took a few time but it helped me fix and update every ios on my system and now my wii does virtually everything possible without flaw on a 4.3. so if your wondering yes this works and i think it's a wonderful tool.

18. Pulka

Pulka Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 5, 2007
    If I am on 3.2E, can I use this to update for SD menu and that shit?

19. Kryptical

Kryptical GBAtemp Fan

Jun 10, 2010
    Canada
    Canada
    You can load PimpMyWii off HBC so no need to update.

4.0 + firmware allows the SD icon in the system menu.

20. alphax13

alphax13 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 12, 2008
    United States
    hell

does that mean that it will install 4.0+ firmware and not need to do an exploit again?