QuiTim

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
It's yellow now with the last pico fw

I found this on ali, its a new model ?
@QuiTim
Looks good. They are also selling this "New" model now and it looks good on photo.
But as we already discussed it here, if anyone plans on doing more installations in the future it would be good to start doing reball/reflow of emmc since I think it's safer in the long run
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mMkCReu

Reactions: Dee87 and chronoss

Dee87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Now the real question is is do you know if there’s one on another switch board I can pull from? I don’t have any spare oled so it would have to be a v1, v2, or lite.
Yeah there are like at least 2 I know of on the v2/V1 boards on the right wider of the emmc connector and and at least under the WiFi chip, get ur multimeter out and take some measurement on these 2 points B-)
Post automatically merged:

Doing gods work. I really need to recompile the latest information and troubleshooting
Hahaha no not doing gods works Xd

Just helping the folks out ;-)

Last edited by Dee87,
Reactions: BlueBeans

BlueBeans

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah there are like at least 2 I know of on the v2/V1 boards on the right wider of the emmc connector and and at least under the WiFi chip, get ur multimeter out and take some measurement on these 2 points B-)

Hahaha no not doing gods works Xd

Just helping the folks out ;-)
Thank you!

BlueBeans

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here discussed in the other thread should be also 4,7k

Post in thread 'Picofly - a HWFLY switch modchip' https://gbatemp.net/threads/picofly-a-hwfly-switch-modchip.622701/post-10190329
Thank you! Going to go work on it right now.

Here discussed in the other thread should be also 4,7k

Post in thread 'Picofly - a HWFLY switch modchip' https://gbatemp.net/threads/picofly-a-hwfly-switch-modchip.622701/post-10190329
So I grabbed the circled component and put it on my oled and now I’m getting the ==* error code 😪 I wasn’t getting that error before.

Attachments

• IMG_0035.jpeg
    IMG_0035.jpeg
    191.4 KB · Views: 19
Last edited by BlueBeans,

Dee87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
10k 0201 smd
What are u talking about its 4.7k

Thank you! Going to go work on it right now.

So I grabbed the circled component and put it on my oled and now I’m getting the ==* error code 😪 I wasn’t getting that error before.
==* is CPU cable if I remember correct don't have the list on hand so something wring with ur CPU line /mosfett install

Reactions: abal1000x

abal1000x

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
yes im using 10k 0201 rersistor for replace my oled
You should state it something like:
'I replace it using 10k 0201, and its working normal'

Your sentence make misinformation as if originally its use 10k which is not.
As far as i know, that pull up resistor for all nintendo switch use is 4.7k.

QuiTim

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
yes im using 10k 0201 rersistor for replace my oled

You should state it something like:
'I replace it using 10k 0201, and its working normal'

Your sentence make misinformation as if originally its use 10k which is not.
As far as i know, that pull up resistor for all nintendo switch use is 4.7k.
Early on when switch oled board came out there were people who replaced that resistor with 10k and it worked fine, you also have 1 or 2 youtube videos of people using 10k. But the fact is that the correct value is 4.7k so it seems there is quite a wide range of resistance that works there.

Reactions: Dee87 and abal1000x

abal1000x

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Early on when switch oled board came out there were people who replaced that resistor with 10k and it worked fine, you also have 1 or 2 youtube videos of people using 10k. But the fact is that the correct value is 4.7k so it seems there is quite a wide range of resistance that works there.
From the datasheet:
pullup.png

• Love
Reactions: QuiTim and Dee87

Dee87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
well said
i would use the original value cause there is some reason they chose that one :-)

Dee87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
okay so u can use to 100kohm yes?

but still the lower u can go the better it is i would say.
if i remember correct the higher u go ,the higher the issue is that there are chances of the "bus floating" in this case.

im not a engenier im all self taught so my answer about the floating could be wrong so dont take my word on that

Last edited by Dee87,

abal1000x

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
okay so u can use to 100kohm yes?

but still the lower u can go the better it is i would say.
if i remember correct the higher u go ,the higher the issue is that there are chances of the "bus floating" in this case.

im not a engenier im all self taught so my answer about the floating could be wrong so dont take my word on that
According to emmc datasheet, yes, you could use 100kOhm.
But we don't know the characteristics of the nvidia tegra which that cmd line goes into, since there is no datasheet from the manufacturer.

I am not too sure on what resistance is the best whether using low or high. I don't have sophisticated oscilloscope to see the differences. I once work on quartz crystal manufacturer, each one of the measurement device for creating datasheet comes from agilent, which the price is like 10-50 times of brand new iphone :wacko:. Still looking in 2nd market for cheap one :D

Theoretically, higher resistance, lower current, higher noise, bad signaling. Lower resistance, higher current, lower noise, good signaling. I think that is why nintendo choose the most lower resistance the datasheet allowed.

Reactions: QuiTim and Dee87

Dee87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Theoretically, higher resistance, lower current, higher noise, bad signaling. Lower resistance, higher current, lower noise, good signaling. I think that is why nintendo choose the most lower resistance the datasheet allowed.
yeah thats what i still remember :-)

I don't have sophisticated oscilloscope to see the differences. I once work on quartz crystal manufacturer, each one of the measurement device for creating datasheet comes from agilent, which the price is like 10-50 times of brand new iphone :wacko:. Still looking in 2nd market for cheap one :D
First of all who in the hell would even want an IPhone Xd

yeas oscilloscope are pretty expensive specially if u want a really good one, but there are also some very good cheap ones on the market

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: What.