Hacking Hardware Picofly - a HWFLY switch modchip

vittorio

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
At this oled I have the first serious problem that I have not been able to understand. No hardware damage, normal values of all points. Dat0 taken with modified adapter (I also tried different types, always the same normal value). The oled does not initialize the emmc. in original purple screen. Is there a way to fix it? An unbrick?
are you Italian?

superxoi

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
At this oled I have the first serious problem that I have not been able to understand. No hardware damage, normal values of all points. Dat0 taken with modified adapter (I also tried different types, always the same normal value). The oled does not initialize the emmc. in original purple screen. Is there a way to fix it? An unbrick?
change your cmd resistor it is 0201 4k7ohm

Bradle6

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I accidently connect 3v to that little cap to the left all works but no touchscreen were is the ic for that ?

BlueBeans

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, but as I said, you need to be careful as it is really a tight fit and the solder points are right below the rp2040 so make sure you use 38/40awg preferably single core as it makes everything easier. And you need to make sure you route those red wires on the yellow or green path (see pic) because the way they are placed on the picture does not work. This takes quite some time so if you are doing alot of these (which i'm not) maybe trimming the rp2040 (as suggested above) is not a bad idea.
Interesting. Thank you. I don’t get many lites in but will definitely give this a try the next time.
Post automatically merged:

Had a switch oled that someone tried to mod and then brought to me. In hekate it showed that the max chip was failing. Changed that and still no change. On my amp reader it’s showing 5v at .46 amps as if it’s turning on but no life. No shorts. Any suggestions? Should I re-mod it and see what happens?

Last edited by BlueBeans,
Reactions: QuiTim

andeers

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Hi everyone. I'm getting error code 2002-3540 afeter playing 10 minutes a game on stock, after installing Hwfly on a V1 patched unit. It only happens on stock, emuMMC works well ):, someone knows about that issue?

BlueBeans

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will a switch boot with a missing cap on the cpu?

Attachments

• IMG_0814.png
    IMG_0814.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 25

BlueBeans

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i had a switch lite with two missing caps and boots ok.
didn't try to play for a long time
I’ve always replaced then before turning it on so I wasn’t sure. Guy is saying it won’t turn on and this is the only thing he could thing of. It’s a V1.

BlueBeans

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thats a unpatched unit, autoRCM on IMO
How can you tell it’s unpatched? Guy was trying to install a mod chip and accidentally took off the cap.
Post automatically merged:

Thats a unpatched unit, autoRCM on IMO
You are correct but he’s saying it was never modded.

Last edited by BlueBeans,

twins333

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Hi everyone. I'm getting error code 2002-3540 afeter playing 10 minutes a game on stock, after installing Hwfly on a V1 patched unit. It only happens on stock, emuMMC works well ):, someone knows about that issue?
Hello, please post your question on the hwfly thread. This thread is meant for picofly support.

Reactions: andeers

Bradle6

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone know we're I can find the problem with touchscreen accident bridged 3v with the little cap and tried to turn it on before I found it and touchscreen don't work?

fvig2001

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
So had my picofly installed by a store. The problem is there's always a recurring problem. The long short dat0 is not connected returns. I've had it fixed twice and after a few days, boot rate to CFW is very low. It's usually boots to stock quickly after powering. I usually shake the switch crazily then tried booting (30 times) before leaving the store.

Do you think touching up the 2 solder points related to data0 will fix it or could something else be causing it? Could it be the dat0 adapter is bad?

psycho-neon

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
So had my picofly installed by a store. The problem is there's always a recurring problem. The long short dat0 is not connected returns. I've had it fixed twice and after a few days, boot rate to CFW is very low. It's usually boots to stock quickly after powering. I usually shake the switch crazily then tried booting (30 times) before leaving the store.

Do you think touching up the 2 solder points related to data0 will fix it or could something else be causing it? Could it be the dat0 adapter is bad?

Had this issue whenever my switch gets hot. Its like the copper trace is expanding and losing contact in the dat0. It's a major problem with adapters, now Im resorting using kamikaze method. No fail since then. But risky only.

One thing you can ask the store is to put some thermal pad on the emmc chip to reduce the heat it generates and transfer to the metal cover. That was my temporary solution that worked for me before i went kamikaze.

Reactions: QuiTim

fvig2001

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Had this issue whenever my switch gets hot. Its like the copper trace is expanding and losing contact in the dat0. It's a major problem with adapters, now Im resorting using kamikaze method. No fail since then. But risky only.

One thing you can ask the store is to put some thermal pad on the emmc chip to reduce the heat it generates and transfer to the metal cover. That was my temporary solution that worked for me before i went kamikaze.
Ah. I guess it's probably out of my league. Oh well, will probably either have to find another store that does that or directly connects to the pin.

QuiTim

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Ah. I guess it's probably out of my league. Oh well, will probably either have to find another store that does that or directly connects to the pin.
The black dat0 adapters are a bit better and more resistant but if you want a permanent solution reballing is the way.
As for kamikaze, i've seen the people here do it but just seems more dangerous to me.

Last edited by QuiTim,
Reactions: Phantomas77

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: ... that's rough buddy