Hacking Hardware Picofly - a HWFLY switch modchip

thesjaakspoiler

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
GN guys, i need a little help. I'm doing hwfly to the switch of My kids. But i have bridged a mini capacitor, Will be the desoldering wick enough to fix My error? I was installing the Flex but i remove it entirely trying to leave the área clean to try to fix this. Thanks in advance and sorry for My English.
That should be possible but be careful that you don't wipe if off the cpu by accident.
Maybe add some kapton tape on one side or some metal clamp (although the caps are really tiny).
You can use a multimeter to check if the 2 ends of the capacitor don't short anymore.

Reactions: falaschi

Hassal

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
To follow up, I've sent my designs to the fabs to see how much it will cost in total and this what came up
Jlcpcb was $52 for 10 master flex if you were to shield these ribbons and it drops down $34 without
Lets say shielding isn't required so that's $3.4 per flex excluding any mounting components

The adapter is a different story, not sure if jlcpcb has advanced their capabilities but having used them before they didn't deliver. If you go with pcbway route it will cost you a minimum $100 for 100 adapters which turns out $1 per adapter.

So in total $3.4+$1= $4.4 per kit excluding any components which is the same price of the RP tiny.
How much is that worth to you saving time to earn more vs spend more time and earn less money in the process.

If someone puts in the money to make it possible for the rest to buy cheaper its a proposition.

(scratch that, jlc are utterly useless when making flex cables and will drive you nuts)

Last edited by Hassal,

MOLO

Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Hello guys, I'm going to install Picofly modchip on my OLED, but I'm confused about it's version and the proper soldering schema. Does anybody know what is it a version? And what is the correct connection schema for this version?

Crung

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
This looks allright to you guys?
I am getting ,in continuity, 500(board is cold) value from emmc shield ground to the wire connecting dat0 (its like a 10 cm enameled long wire, 0.1 cm/40 awg )
EDIT : guess this was ok idk. On the first oled i did the value was 450.

Attachments

• 1697828341721.png
    1697828341721.png
    4.5 MB · Views: 32
  • 1697828357124.png
    1697828357124.png
    4.7 MB · Views: 32
  • 1697828368726.png
    1697828368726.png
    4.7 MB · Views: 32
Last edited by Crung,

Blakejansen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
use the tiny but a original one not the clones then the resistors will be correct if u have slow emmc ur gonna have to swap the 47 with 100ohm thats it.
So put my switch back together just to find out I need new resistor?

Does the zero also have the resistor problem?

I'm not seeing much savings here, pi cost the same as instinct with all the materials no?

Dee87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So put my switch back together just to find out I need new resistor?

Does the zero also have the resistor problem?

I'm not seeing much savings here, pi cost the same as instinct with all the materials no?
this has nothing to do with resistor issues.
its just a switch thing some need 100ohm do run properly.
is u put your switch back together completly befor testing then it is ur own fault !!!

with a zero and a tiny u know its works properly with this firmware.
no one has any diagramms from the picofly cloney with clones i mean all other then rp2040 zero/tiny cause thats what the firmware was written for .
Post automatically merged:

This looks allright to you guys?
I am getting ,in continuity, 500(board is cold) value from emmc shield ground to the wire connecting dat0 (its like a 10 cm enameled long wire, 0.1 cm/40 awg )
did u also add uv mask or whatever that white stuff is under the emmc?

did u flatten the 0.1mm wire? u might be having hight issues what ever ur issue is.

and one tip befor u even start the board clean the flux properly.........

Hello guys, I'm going to install Picofly modchip on my OLED, but I'm confused about it's version and the proper soldering schema. Does anybody know what is it a version? And what is the correct connection schema for this version?

that is no picofly thats a hwfly on some other clone there are threads extra for those clones , this thread is (or used to be )
for original picoflys (Rp2040 Zero/Tiny)

is want any information about that board then ask ur seller on ask in the proper thread............

Hi !!!

Just to know, what's a better adapter DAT0 for Oled now ?
Permanent Dat0

Last edited by Dee87,
Reactions: LogicalMadness

Crung

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Pls dont do kamikaze. Its so risky. If you made a mistake, its permanent and its over.
Give reballing a try. its verryyyy easy. i nailed it first try .
You will need a bga 153 stencil (i recommend you buy the kit : chip suport+magnetic plates to hold the stencil) . solder balls 0.3mm (you can go with solder paste if you have the kit, but i dont have the kit for bga 153 ,i only have stencil,so its easyer with balls). And that is all.
Its so easy even a todler can do it.

Attachments

• image_2023-10-21_041616461.png
    image_2023-10-21_041616461.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 35
  • image_2023-10-21_041624806.png
    image_2023-10-21_041624806.png
    3 MB · Views: 33

Hassal

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
To follow up, I've sent my designs to the fabs to see how much it will cost in total and this what came up
Jlcpcb was $52 for 10 master flex if you were to shield these ribbons and it drops down $34 without
Lets say shielding isn't required so that's $3.4 per flex excluding any mounting components

The adapter is a different story, not sure if jlcpcb has advanced their capabilities but having used them before they didn't deliver. If you go with pcbway route it will cost you a minimum $100 for 100 adapters which turns out $1 per adapter.

So in total $3.4+$1= $4.4 per kit excluding any components which is the same price of the RP tiny.
How much is that worth to you saving time to earn more vs spend more time and earn less money in the process.

If someone puts in the money to make it possible for the rest to buy cheaper its a proposition.

(scratch that, jlc are utterly useless when making flex cables and will drive you nuts)
Good news !!
I found a fab that will make these cheaper than any of those mentioned. Just a matter of knowing how their quality is.

Reactions: Dee87

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might download rayman revolution for my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right ram
    for it tho. Edit- no it uses floppy Ram, just like @AncientBoi
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aeiou
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And sometimes Z
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, MAGA supporters be wearing tin foil hats lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
    +1
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Why so serious!
    @BakerMan, yeah that's about the only reason I would vote for Trump over Biden.
    +1
    In my opinion on all other factors they are pretty much the same.
    +1
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: In my opinion on all other factors they are pretty much the same. +1