United Arab Emirates
Last edited by Hassal,

Vigintiduo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi guys, a new install seemed to be working but suddenly gave me ** error and booted to ofw.
After a bit of probing I found out that diode readings on the desoldered RP2040 are not really good. In particular, I have just 0.185 voltage drop between 3v3 and GND. The resistance itself between the two points is quite low: about 250 ohms.
It didn't do any damage to the Switch itself, but should I just throw the RP2040 in the bin?

Note: for some reason, the values were even lower last night but they seem to go up over time

Hassal

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
I'm done with the modified adapter. Left shield base need to be stripped for the adapter to set evenly. Also added 0805 size resistors for easy solder.
I need volunteers to fabricate and test cause I won't do it. I'll finish the rest of flex once I get the measurements correct.

Attachments

• McFLEX ADAPTER.png
    McFLEX ADAPTER.png
    33.9 KB · Views: 18
Last edited by Hassal,

ppzikos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France

ammaralidj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
A strange issue just occured with Switch Lite (which is hacked with oicofly) of my neighbour. He was trying to install SMB Wonder but during the installation his switch was automatically rebooted and now all the hack stuff gone. No Homebrews in Album menu, installed games available but not working. Surprisingly his switch is directly booting without memory card. What do you guys think happened with his switch or may be the modchip became out of order?

ppzikos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
A strange issue just occured with Switch Lite (which is hacked with oicofly) of my neighbour. He was trying to install SMB Wonder but during the installation his switch was automatically rebooted and now all the hack stuff gone. No Homebrews in Album menu, installed games available but not working. Surprisingly his switch is directly booting without memory card. What do you guys think happened with his switch or may be the modchip became out of order?
we would say that the Switch starts on its original firmware.
maybe a pico wire has unsoldered. he should perhaps check with the person who installed the chip.

Reactions: ammaralidj

LuigiGad

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You definitely didn't have Emunand, in fact the games remained in memory even without microSD.Some problems with some welding points that no longer make contact. You should see error codes that Picofly returns

Reactions: ammaralidj

Hassal

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates

Attachments

• McFLEX ADAPTER2.0.png
    McFLEX ADAPTER2.0.png
    34.4 KB · Views: 19
  • McFlex Master Flex.png
    McFlex Master Flex.png
    33.8 KB · Views: 17
Last edited by Hassal,

Marax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Today I got my 0,1mm wire and soldered and replaced the flex cable with it!
But first without the 47ohms caps for testing. And it booted into Hekate I tried to go into Emmc and no slow error and booted successfully into ofw trough hekate. I thought it was only bad wiring first and I don’t need the caps. So I put it all together and it then tried to create an Emummc. But then again I got slow mmc error. I shutdown the system and tried again to power it on but no sign of live. I unscrewed it again and got a yellow error led two fast yellow leds which means bad Rst but the connection is good. I unsoldered the chip again and it booted normal in ofw. Should I now just try to solder it back in with the additional 47ohms caps on the chip?

Hassal

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
And Finished.

The flex is two part, the master flex plus the adapter.
The adapter doesn't need shielding (at least I hope so) however no guarantee on the master flex so shielding is required on both sides. Both use 2 -layers. Thickness should be minimum for adapter and as thick as you can get it for the master flex.

I hope someone would test them and show us the results.

EDIT:
Removed the master flex for now as it needs further investigation.
The adapter is okay though if someone want to print it as it can be used standalone.

EDIT2: The mosfet pads were adjusted for the master flex and also fab layer was corrected.
BOM was added as I used V2 flex as baseline, you can change resistors and mosfets as needed.
Its recommended to let fab assemble it as its difficult to mount these tiny components without proper heatplate.

EDIT3: I made a second version with only 2 resistors. There's no difference between the two except an extra resistor acting as a fuse to knockout out one mosfet.

Attachments

• McFLEX Adapter.zip
    20.6 KB · Views: 14
  • McFLEX Master FLEX.zip
    27.7 KB · Views: 12
  • McFLEX Master FLEXV2.0.zip
    27.5 KB · Views: 13
Last edited by Hassal,
Reactions: linuxares

Eds05

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey guys, I need your help please.

I did more than 30 consoles and today I have one which it worked well few month but today I have an error =*== (eMMC test failure - read failed), after the update 17.0.0 and few boot (it was ok at this moment)

Do you have an idea ? Its the first time I see the error. The switch boot correctly to OFW.

Attachments

• IMG_7359.mov
    5.5 MB
Last edited by Eds05,

Vigintiduo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hey guys, I read a lot about pull-down resistors in this thread.
Rehius himself says that they're not needed, while other guys say they're super important.
So... what's the real answer here?

LuigiGad

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hey guys, I need your help please.

I did more than 30 consoles and today I have one which it worked well few month but today I have an error =*== (eMMC test failure - read failed), after the update 17.0.0 and few boot (it was ok at this moment)

Do you have an idea ? Its the first time I see the error. The switch boot correctly to OFW.
Adapter o reballing dat0?
probably problem on data0. take a spot measurement with the tester.
did you work 30 consoles or 30 OLEDs? you should have experience to understand the problem yourself

falaschi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
GN guys, i need a little help. I'm doing hwfly to the switch of My kids. But i have bridged a mini capacitor, Will be the desoldering wick enough to fix My error? I was installing the Flex but i remove it entirely trying to leave the área clean to try to fix this. Thanks in advance and sorry for My English.

Attachments

• IMG_20231017_235225_438.jpg
    IMG_20231017_235225_438.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_20231017_235215_556.jpg
    IMG_20231017_235215_556.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 21

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I thought I saw a puttie snatch...