Hacking Hardware Picofly - a HWFLY switch modchip

Arakon

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Weird. I think everything is exactly as you describe. Also I put tape over the work while testing so unlikely to be a short.

This is the mosfet I'm using:

https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/irfhs8342pbf.pdf?fileId=5546d462533600a401535623992e1f5f

Have others had consistent good luck with larger mosfets?

Edit: Tried again using alternate solder points, same error. I must be making some stupid mistake. (2nd photo is mirrored. The gate is soldered correctly)
Have you tried a different MOSFET? Yours may simply be dead.

deeps

Trophies
XP
Country
for someone who wants to jailbreak switch oled without a DAT0 adapter or rebelling emmc, this Method is good for me I just take the pin from the SATA cable and put it under the emmc and reflow it with hot air station. I usually set the temperature to 350c 50% for 1 minute. Never had any issue with emmc

it's cool that this works, but seems extremely error prone.

Loren_Son

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
@QuiTim @jkyoho thank you for your patience; here is the diagram for how I attached the status LED to the joy-con PCB. I removed the original home button LED in my installation, though it may be possible to mount the status LED directly next to the original, as the LED used on the RP2040 zero is smaller than the one on my seeed xiao RP2040. I also cut a hole in the rubber membrane between the button and the motherboard, to accommodate the LED and make certain the button could depress properly.

View attachment 380935
DIN point on the RP2040-Zero:

View attachment 380940

points to connect the LED DIN line from the RP2040 to the joy-con rail ribbon connector (first is v1/v2, second is oled):

View attachment 380939View attachment 380936

edit: while I have the photoshop file open, here is a diagram for how I wired my lite install as well. this one is far more practical and I have seen a couple other people do it since my first post, so it would be fun to see more home button lights moving forward

View attachment 380957

optocoupler??

VDD comes from the Joycon battery and DIN comes from the CORE/OLED battery, maybe the conflict comes from there

There is a lot of desire for the rest (CORE AND OLED) to be equally beautiful, xD

Attachments

• joy_mod_opto.jpg
    joy_mod_opto.jpg
    494.6 KB · Views: 24
  • neo_mod.mov
    7.2 MB
Last edited by Loren_Son,

LucasRomeiro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Obrigado pela ajuda, o problema eram os arquivos do SD. O chip funciona, mas é irritante não ver nenhum led quando ligo o interruptor e leva muito tempo para ligar o interruptor. Alguma ideia se é possível corrigir o problema do LED? E sim, esses clones rp2040 são lixo, é necessário retirar o conector USB porque o oled não fecha corretamente.
Comprei alguns RP2040 tiny que vieram CLONE. O LED também não funciona aqui. como resolveram isso?
Post automatically merged:

Thanks for the help, the problem was the files on the SD. The chip works but it’s annoying don’t see any led when I turn on the switch, and it takes a long time glitch the switch. Any idea if it’s possible fix the led issue? And yes, this rp2040 clones are garbage, it’s necessary remove the USB conector cause the oled don’t close properly.
Any solution to this problem? i buy some rp2040 tiny Fake/Clone. The LED dont work. Can u help me to solve this?

Marax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Today i soldered my PicoFly Lite RP2040 from Aliexpress (its shaped like the SX lite or HWFly lite)
I double checked all the values with the multimeter and all seemed good i tested it and it booted to NO SD Picofly Splash.
Then i putted a Micro SD with Hekate into the switch but nothing just Blackscreen. But still without the SD Card i got the Picofly NO SD. I unplugged the Modchip and got a Blue Screen... Then i unsoldered all the Flexcables and now im still having the Bluescreen. Ive read it could be a corrupt Boot1/Boot0. The Switch worked fine before the install attempt. I dont know what i can do now.

I checked the Caps around the MAX77812
and they are all shorted I took a photo of it

bbb43627-0f7d-4728-99dd-69d2fe05161d.jpeg

Is the MAX77812 chip fried?

But this chip is from my understanding for power regulation and shouldn’t give a Blue Screen. I think the Blue screen has something to do with nand, because the console outputs the PicoFly no Sd screen without problems. I’m not the only one with exact the same issue has no one an idea or ever fixed such a console I sent so much money….

Last edited by Marax,

LuigiGad

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Today i soldered my PicoFly Lite RP2040 from Aliexpress (its shaped like the SX lite or HWFly lite)
I double checked all the values with the multimeter and all seemed good i tested it and it booted to NO SD Picofly Splash.
Then i putted a Micro SD with Hekate into the switch but nothing just Blackscreen. But still without the SD Card i got the Picofly NO SD. I unplugged the Modchip and got a Blue Screen... Then i unsoldered all the Flexcables and now im still having the Bluescreen. Ive read it could be a corrupt Boot1/Boot0. The Switch worked fine before the install attempt. I dont know what i can do now.

View attachment 396815

But this chip is from my understanding for power regulation and shouldn’t give a Blue Screen. I think the Blue screen has something to do with nand, because the console outputs the PicoFly no Sd screen without problems. I’m not the only one with exact the same issue has no one an idea or ever fixed such a console I sent so much money….
The no SD screen only means that the switch has glitched on the cpu. It does not imply that everything works. To verify immediately after installation that everything works you have to start hekate first, then check in the emmc info that it is not in slow mode and finally do an original boot, if all these three conditions are met then everything works 100%

Reactions: Marax

Marax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I may know more now one guy mentioned it was the Max if that causes this problem and mine is shorted as well my install seemed fine but I guess I damaged the Max ic with the screwdriver while lifting the app heatshield. This might be the problem.

deeps

Trophies
XP
Country
Have you found a good method to reball the adapter?

i put mine on a piece of toilet paper and use stencil+paste, lets me reball both sides without ruining the first side while doing the other. Alternatively, you can just reball the bottom side and then reball the emmc

TheBad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Have you found a good method to reball the adapter?
I am very excited to say that it works. I am using a stencil with a magnetic base. No warping or curling on the board. I have to just mention that the v-cut on panel makes the adapter little bit bigger you have to shave the edges a bit. See photos that I uploaded.

I am planning to design a board for RP2040 that will fit behind the console with mosfet included. It will be nicer I guess.

Big thank to @abal1000x he made it possible and he saved me from suffer.

By the way this is adapter I used. You have to adjust stencil a bit because of the shape of the board but it works with EMMC no problem whatsoever.

https://shorturl.at/fkrX0

View attachment 396815

Before diving into anything share measurements with us. Those capacitors are connected to low resistance path, make diode measurement around it and share. Blue screen means lots of things share detailed photos of your install.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-10-02 at 08.57.56.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-10-02 at 08.57.56.jpeg
    457 KB · Views: 35
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-10-02 at 08.57.56 (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-10-02 at 08.57.56 (1).jpeg
    397 KB · Views: 32
Last edited by TheBad,

sergiochendry

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I got emmc running slow on v1 unpatch erista
I double check all my solder
Its all okay
Do i need add more 47ohm resistor di cmd, clk, dat0?

Attachments

• B45ACB8C-844B-45D4-9AC6-ED7049F3DAC9.jpeg
    B45ACB8C-844B-45D4-9AC6-ED7049F3DAC9.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 30
  • 56523003-4FDB-463A-853F-BF72E94CA4CE.jpeg
    56523003-4FDB-463A-853F-BF72E94CA4CE.jpeg
    888.5 KB · Views: 19
  • 4F61869D-3600-4F87-A065-4F0D60F4DAB2.jpeg
    4F61869D-3600-4F87-A065-4F0D60F4DAB2.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 24
  • E2BA549F-4077-41BD-AB60-23CEBFC9A217.jpeg
    E2BA549F-4077-41BD-AB60-23CEBFC9A217.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 24
  • 073986EC-B2F0-42DE-90DA-2D30B3A50D1C.jpeg
    073986EC-B2F0-42DE-90DA-2D30B3A50D1C.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 24

karatefeet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am very excited to say that it works. I am using a stencil with a magnetic base. No warping or curling on the board. I have to just mention that the v-cut on panel makes the adapter little bit bigger you have to shave the edges a bit. See photos that I uploaded.

I am planning to design a board for RP2040 that will fit behind the console with mosfet included. It will be nicer I guess.

Big thank to @abal1000x he made it possible and he saved me from suffer.

By the way this is adapter I used. You have to adjust stencil a bit because of the shape of the board but it works with EMMC no problem whatsoever.

https://shorturl.at/fkrX0

Before diving into anything share measurements with us. Those capacitors are connected to low resistance path, make diode measurement around it and share. Blue screen means lots of things share detailed photos of your install.
Wow very nice install!
I also have that magnetic base stencil but couldn’t get the adapter to fit. Will try again.

Dee87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

View attachment 396815

well ur fucked , that switch can go to the donor selection.

the max is not fried,replace it and u will see

the issue with no sd screen working but if u insert sdcard u get a black screen.

i bet with u if u put the Ums Loader on the Sdcard and rename it as payload.bin ur gonna be able to boot the ums loader.

ClickMeForUmsLoader

Now this is the fourth or fifth time i heard this happen and all have installed some kind of Hwfly chip or ali board .(im not saying Hwfly is Bad Just putting it out there)
Ive had a Oled with the same issue (no BlueScreen) the guy who sent it to me tried to install a Hwfly Chip and had that issue.

ive tried everything to get that thing runing but it was a wast of time and so have the others with the issue all ended up as a donoar board.

so Lucky u now have a free Donor Board Xd

Marax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
well ur fucked , that switch can go to the donor selection.

the max is not fried,replace it and u will see

the issue with no sd screen working but if u insert sdcard u get a black screen.

i bet with u if u put the Ums Loader on the Sdcard and rename it as payload.bin ur gonna be able to boot the ums loader.

ClickMeForUmsLoader

Now this is the fourth or fifth time i heard this happen and all have installed some kind of Hwfly chip or ali board .(im not saying Hwfly is Bad Just putting it out there)
Ive had a Oled with the same issue (no BlueScreen) the guy who sent it to me tried to install a Hwfly Chip and had that issue.

ive tried everything to get that thing runing but it was a wast of time and so have the others with the issue all ended up as a donoar board.

so Lucky u now have a free Donor Board Xd

Nice to hear …. 12 Dollar cheap shit chip… my soldering was pretty good all the connections were tested and still got this error…. Nice

IMG_8369.jpeg

Couldn’t it be the cheap i used a screwdriver to lift the cpu heat shield and maybe I damaged the chip with the screwdriver

Dee87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Nice to hear …. 12 Dollar cheap shit chip… my soldering was pretty good all the connections were tested and still got this error…. Nice

View attachment 397079

Couldn’t it be the cheap i used a screwdriver to lift the cpu heat shield and maybe I damaged the chip with the screwdriver
install ums loader on the sd card an load it , u will see its gonna boot.
its hard to tell about the max chip but i dont think its the problem .
when i went on issue searching someone told me its the max i changed it , still didnt work .

like i said use the ums loader an u will see its gonna boot .
if not give the chip a try but im gonna say its gone .

if its ur fault or the chips i cant tell.

i installed over 150 Og picoflys and never had a issue

Marax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
install ums loader on the sd card an load it , u will see its gonna boot.
its hard to tell about the max chip but i dont think its the problem .
when i went on issue searching someone told me its the max i changed it , still didnt work .

like i said use the ums loader an u will see its gonna boot .
if not give the chip a try but im gonna say its gone .

if its ur fault or the chips i cant tell.

i installed over 150 Og picoflys and never had a issue

So we can’t determine if it is an hardware or software issue? Can the nand still be dumped? I uninstalled the chip so I can’t use the ums loader

Dee87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So we can’t determine if it is an hardware or software issue? Can the nand still be dumped? I uninstalled the chip so I can’t use the ums loader
its gonna be a hardwar issue most likley ram issue.
like i said i tried everythign even swapped the emmc with a known good one and nothing helped.

well reinstall the chip shouldnt take that long atleast u know if the ums work or not.

Marax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
its gonna be a hardwar issue most likley ram issue.
like i said i tried everythign even swapped the emmc with a known good one and nothing helped.

well reinstall the chip shouldnt take that long atleast u know if the ums work or not.
You mean the Rp2040 Aliexpress Clone Fried the Ram?

I will install the Chip if i have the time

Dee87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You mean the Rp2040 Aliexpress Clone Fried the Ram?

I will install the Chip if i have the time
well its hard to say if it was the hwfly/rp2040 or ur install , like i said i heard from a few people who have installed a hwfly/rp2040 and it did something to the ram (thats how far i found my issue).

now if it was the installer or the firmware thats on the chip who Knows , a way to find that out is to take that excakt same chip and give it to a installer if he wants to test the chip and see if it fries his.

then u know if it was u or the chip Firmware

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, cuz of lag?