Nintendo switch OLED alt point for modchip install

sean222

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Where? A pcb file or ready made?
On pcbway. You need to upload the schematics file to their site and it gives you a quote. It was a minimum 5 piece order and around $80 USD with express shipping. But as mentioned, it was taken down.

doom95

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Trying to fit in an hwfly lite. Switch still boots after NAND reball, but while reassembling I've knocked off two 0201's here, and retrieved only one (a 10k). Would anyone with an opened up OLED be so kind to measure them?

1636747453069.png

doom95

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It's a little smaller and since it's mostly going to be about running wires the smaller one is a little easier to fit inside.

Reactions: kerelenko

de9ed

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It Lite better than Core for the OLED model?
lite fit easier. I remember seeing people flipping sx core around to fit within the OLED.

Does anyone want to group buy for the PCBWAY Dat0 breakout? If there is interest In North America. I can purchase it and split it.

or if anyone has extra can split me a few. Thanks

Quezacotl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Dirtypcbs has 10x10cm with 10pcs about 85€. That's a lot of adapters, like 1000pcs. That divided, it's about 8,5cnt per piece.
It is 0,4mm thickness, and i see on the pcbway description says 0,1mm.
I don't have the new switch but i don't think it needs to be that thin. I can measure it with some other device with same memory and see.

Quezacotl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I measured, and 0,19mm - 0,20mm is absolute maximum that can fit under the chip.
But who made that design to the pcbway?
Doesn't look like it's been thought throught. It doesn't have anything that holds it against the D0 ball. I would expect the pcb to be little longer so it can hold against the RF shield wall to give some pressure to the connection.

Last edited by Quezacotl,

kerelenko

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I measured, and 0,19mm - 0,20mm is absolute maximum that can fit under the chip.
Doesn't look like it's been thought throught. It doesn't have anything that holds it against the D0 ball. I would expect the pcb to be little longer so it can hold against the RF shield wall to give some pressure to the connection.
I think friction then Reflow the chip

mvmiranda

Trophies
Website
www.gamemod.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
You'll have to end up securing the flat yourself.
After you measure it and it's working I small drop of UV mask both sides should do the trick!

Reactions: Donnie-Burger

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Here's one thats even better. https://youtu.be/Wx5HOQuP7Xk