Hacking Hardware Picofly - a HWFLY switch modchip

BlueBeans

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A few back someone found that cmd resistor is broken even when not touch by anything during instalation.
From my exp : broken clk, dat0, rst will result in black sod.
broken cmd will result in purple sod.
Once i had blue sod, thats when i made a scratch on pcb traces near apu n ram when tried to cut the shield bridge.

Oh my God I can’t even begin to Thank you. I had an OLED yesterday that went blue screen of death and I for sure thought it was the flex cable and I just fixed it after seeing your comment. I had broken two traces.
Post automatically merged:

Well, as I said, It had to be mosfet related (either that or some kind of witchcraft :D )
Glad you managed to get it up and running.

Oh man it’s amazing. This group rocks!

tsukimaru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nicaragua
Oh my God I can’t even begin to Thank you. I had an OLED yesterday that went blue screen of death and I for sure thought it was the flex cable and I just fixed it after seeing your comment. I had broken two traces.

Oh man it’s amazing. This group rocks!
could you please show a picture of said trace? I'd like to see If I have the same problem :'(

BlueBeans

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have 1 OLED and multiple V2, I'll check the OLED to see if that changes anything

Oh. Mine is only the OLED. I will still send pics though.

I have 1 OLED and multiple V2, I'll check the OLED to see if that changes anything

Here ya go.

Attachments

• 09C7C18F-E6FF-4586-9506-0AA8758644F8.jpeg
    09C7C18F-E6FF-4586-9506-0AA8758644F8.jpeg
    664.1 KB · Views: 25
Last edited by BlueBeans,
Reactions: w0nd3rb0yfx

Takezo-San

Trophies
XP
Country
Seychelles
Alright, which one of you chucklef*@#s is selling pre-flashed picoflys on Etsy with the wrong size resistors? (SwitchModService in Plymouth UK according to the etsy listing)View attachment 378090
Alright, which one of you chucklef*@#s is selling pre-flashed picoflys on Etsy with the wrong size resistors? (SwitchModService in Plymouth UK according to the etsy listing)View attachment 378090
Good Lord. What has the world come to. Not even the intellectual capacity to use the correct value resistors. Mind boggling stuff. How do we smite this fool @lightninjay and who do you think it is?

Attachments

• mgs.gif
    mgs.gif
    5.5 MB · Views: 23

lightninjay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good Lord. What has the world come to. Not even the intellectual capacity to use the correct value resistors. Mind boggling stuff. How do we smite this fool @lightninjay and who do you think it is?
I dunno about smite, but I messaged them on Etsy to correct them, so hopefully nobody dumb enough to pay that price for a picofly gets one, attempts an install, corrupts their eMMC, and then comes to cry about it here.

40 dollars literally will buy 10 of the new RP2040-Tiny board, and they don't require any prep...

Hi !!!

Can i use daybreak to update my switch with Picofly installed ?
Yes, but if you've never used daybreak, read a guide first.

Last edited by lightninjay,

cgtchy0412

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I found it interesting on why people doesnt do like this for v1/v2 .. its the safest way. Even with small enough wire you can get through the point hole and have a brezee in soldering.:D. Without hole i even not soldering the RST point on emmc and i choose the one in mainboard.
Its make me sad seeing someone ripped their mainboard pads.:sad:

1686880148649.png

i lost the link
black screen after the update, i can boot to hekate but after Atmo logo, i have a black screen :(
If you have nothing to loose, then just boot to ofw then update. After that creates new emmc again from hekate.

Last edited by cgtchy0412,
Reactions: Danook28

cgtchy0412

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Online shop? I not sure what you mean. I can't seem to find any websites that offer send-in service packages. Was wondering if someone knew of any.
Hahhaa.. you can send i to one of us here .. :rofl2:.. the worst case that can happen is your switch will be the next star of this forum.:rofl2:
I dont know about Taiwan (assuming from profile).. but in here many service for mod install is easily avaiable on local e-shop.

Last edited by cgtchy0412,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jUWpmU-X8k