It's easier to solder.
Those capacitors are there to smooth out the powerline so leaving them there would be the best option.
Although under a ton of stress the cpu might get unstable, so far we haven't heard anyone complain about that yet though.
After installing the right transistors, I am still getting the same error. I decided to put the pics off and try to boot the switch without the pico. Now it’s not getting any power. I think I need to solve that problem first. Any suggestions where I should look maybe?
After installing the right transistors, I am still getting the same error. I decided to put the pics off and try to boot the switch without the pico. Now it’s not getting any power. I think I need to solve that problem first. Any suggestions where I should look maybe?
check to see if you damaged any of the pads and for accidental shorts (you can try plugging into pc to see if it detects in rcm and if it does then there is a bad pad/trace)
the points are already connected though unless the signal isnt strong enough otherwise?
check to see if you damaged any of the pads and for accidental shorts (you can try plugging into pc to see if it detects in rcm and if it does then there is a bad pad/trace)
It's easier to solder.
Those capacitors are there to smooth out the powerline so leaving them there would be the best option.
Although under a ton of stress the cpu might get unstable, so far we haven't heard anyone complain about that yet though.
That's good to know. When I removed the caps and powered on the switch (without pico) It wouldn't turn on. I had to re-solder the caps for it to power. Yet, it powers fine if soldered to the pico.
Would you please breakdown this for me? Pretty confusing.
Would you help me understand something? In the 2nd picture, you used the upper cap to get the D point. Does that mean, among all caps surrounding the APU, I could pick any for D-point? Or is it only the two caps we usually solder to the flex cable?
That's good to know. When I removed the caps and powered on the switch (without pico) It wouldn't turn on. I had to re-solder the caps for it to power. Yet, it powers fine if soldered to the pico.
Would you please breakdown this for me? Pretty confusing.
Post automatically merged:
That's a pretty smooth outer metal cut. Did you use any tools?
Post automatically merged:
Would you help me understand something? In the 2nd picture, you used the upper cap to get the D point. Does that mean, among all caps surrounding the APU, I could pick any for D-point? Or is it only the two caps we usually solder to the flex cable?
From what i've seen during these last 3-4years it's allways just the 2 caps used originaly on flex cables. Now with Pico I guess we can use just one of them (but still one of those 2).
You use the inner pads of caps for D point on V2 and the upper pads of caps on V1. The opposite pad of the caps in these situation corresponds to S point (basically Ground) so that means that you can also do something like this (see photo).
After welding the RP2040, the blue light on the chip turned blue and then flickered blue. The chip flickered for about a minute and I disconnected the power supply of the switch. I tried to restart the switch chip and the blue light flickered for about a minute. I disconnected the power and removed the RP2040. After removing RP2040, my switch cannot start.
I accidentally soldered emmc to rp2040 but forgot to remove the baterry. Now the switch I booted only shows a purple screen, is there a way to fix it? i have another machine that has mod hwfly can restore emmc error machine?
After being announced last week, the first of two broadcasts is set to go live later today with a stark focus on The Legend of Zelda and its 40th anniversary...
The PlayStation 5 scene has received a massive breakthrough with the public release of Relapse, a new exploit chain developed by Nathan Fargo in collaboration with...
It's that time again folks, an update for the Switch and Switch 2, and a surprisingly big one at that! At lease for folks on the Switch 2. The most notable feature...
It is with a heavy heart that I announce the departure of our beloved Chary from the position of Chief Editor. Chary took over early 2021 and has done a wonderful job...
The second of a two-part special, a more traditional Nintendo Direct is set to air today. Unlike the Zelda Direct the contents of this one is still relatively up in...
After an accidental leaking of their review video from Linus Tech Tips last week, we somewhat knew that news on Steam's latest VR venture was imminent. Today the...
Over the weekend a number of Switch and Switch 2 related subreddits came alive with people reporting bans on their Switch 2 consoles out of nowhere. The error code...
The 2007 Nintendo Wii classic Super Mario Galaxy has reportedly been 100% decompiled by the SMGCommunity under the project codename Petari, and now a standalone PC...
It's that time again. Prepare your Switch updates! Or prepare to forgive your sister's nephew's dog for updating your Switch a few weeks ago. Atmosphere v1.12.0 has...
Announced a few days ago, Nintendo of America have today launched their Customer Appreciation Sale. Featuring 30% discounts across a wide range of popular first-party...
After being announced last week, the first of two broadcasts is set to go live later today with a stark focus on The Legend of Zelda and its 40th anniversary...
It's been something of a quiet week in the gaming space, with the deluge of big hitters trying to find their place before GTA 6 launches really kicking off next week...
It is with a heavy heart that I announce the departure of our beloved Chary from the position of Chief Editor. Chary took over early 2021 and has done a wonderful job...
The in-progress Switch port of the 2013 Rockstar Games Grand Theft Auto V has been forced to end progress after Take-Two Interactive has threatened legal action...
After an accidental leaking of their review video from Linus Tech Tips last week, we somewhat knew that news on Steam's latest VR venture was imminent. Today the...
The second of a two-part special, a more traditional Nintendo Direct is set to air today. Unlike the Zelda Direct the contents of this one is still relatively up in...
Announced a few days ago, Nintendo of America have today launched their Customer Appreciation Sale. Featuring 30% discounts across a wide range of popular first-party...
A few days ago Chary stepped down as Chief Editor after 5 wonderful years, and everyone guessed the seat wouldn't stay empty for very long. Back in 2021 I proudly...
From my post earlier this week you probably already know which game I'm talking about. Fire Emblem released yesterday to some pretty rave reviews. Looking at...
Are you tired of waiting for Nintendo to release a definitive version of their GameCube classic on a console that's sold more than four units? Then step right up! A...