Hacking Hardware Picofly - a HWFLY switch modchip

Tafty

Trophies
XP
Country
We know it can work, that's not in question.
Can I ask have you tried using a hwfly/sx to confirm you have installed right.

Does it still boot into OFW correctly

Originally when I installed into the lite I couldn't get the sx to load, would fail to glitch... I put the rp in and was getting the yellow led(dat0) sure enough I had accidentally grounded dat0 against the cover directly next to it.

I have a lite working, kingdede has a mariko, the only one we haven't tested is an oled... But I'm happy to pull my oled apart to test this just to prove it works if needs be.

I have a mariko I could test on aswell if its really needed.

Reactions: juanvlc

TheSynthax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I ask have you tried using a hwfly/sx to confirm you have installed right.

Does it still boot into OFW correctly

Originally when I installed into the lite I couldn't get the sx to load, would fail to glitch... I put the rp in and was getting the yellow led(dat0) sure enough I had accidentally grounded dat0 against the cover directly next to it.

I have a lite working, kingdede has a mariko, the only one we haven't tested is an oled... But I'm happy to pull my oled apart to test this just to prove it works if needs be.

I have a mariko I could test on aswell if its really needed.
Yeah OFW is working as long as I disconnect the chip, I'll do a more thorough investigation later today. Would you mind grabbing diode mode readings? That'll be helpful for troubleshooting. I'm wondering if the values would be the same as with HWFLY or if it's affected by the presence of the chip in any way.
And what files did you used?
The file is also on page 34, remove the .pdf from the end since .uf2 can't be shared directly on the forum

Tafty

Trophies
XP
Country
And what files did you used?
The Ubuntu uf2 which is also on the same post on page 34!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post automatically merged:

Yeah OFW is working as long as I disconnect the chip, I'll do a more thorough investigation later today. Would you mind grabbing diode mode readings? That'll be helpful for troubleshooting.

The file is also on page 34, remove the .pdf from the end since .uf2 can't be shared directly on the forum
When I'm back at my desk later I will happily take them for you

Tafty

Trophies
XP
Country
Where did you get the software flashed on the rp2040 ? Thats what i meant
Page 34 like I said, the uf2 file is attached to the same post the install diagram is.
I plugged the rp into my pc in boot mode(holding the boot button) then copied the uf2 on to the rp internal memory... Job done

Tafty

Trophies
XP
Country
anyone with this chip installed in mariko can inform if have space inside to put the chip?
You will need to trim the metal heatshield the same as sx or hwfly, you may be able to squeeze it under BUT there is a big risk of shorting it out as there is a voltahe regulator on the bottom and obviously exposed points on the top

rulles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Page 34 like I said, the uf2 file is attached to the same post the install diagram is.
I plugged the rp into my pc in boot mode(holding the boot button) then copied the uf2 on to the rp internal memory... Job done
in the diagrams,appear one component solder directly to cpu, i think that was the mosfet.
if i use a flex cable (v2), don´t need that right?
Post automatically merged:

You will need to trim the metal heatshield the same as sx or hwfly, you may be able to squeeze it under BUT there is a big risk of shorting it out as there is a voltahe regulator on the bottom and obviously exposed points on the top
but if i use kapton tape, don´t eliminate the risk of shorting?

Tafty

Trophies
XP
Country
in the diagrams,appear one component solder directly to cpu, i think that was the mosfet.
if i use a flex cable (v2), don´t need that right?
Yep the flex has mosfets on it allready, just bridge pin 3 and 4 onto the end of the flex and solder your wire to them, be careful around pin 1 2 5 6 as these are grounds.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Also this song https://youtu.be/27RWx9Q6LcQ?si=c7C8YuRoIPHadiQ0