Hacking Hardware Picofly - a HWFLY switch modchip

cgtchy0412

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
can i get a preview of the hekate image on the picofly chip? I see on YouTube there are people who install picofly. but the initial view is hekate. not a pico image
Thats already the default, you just need to put hekate files on sdcard root. Then rename the hekate**.bin file into payload.bin.
After that insert it into the switch and just press power button

• Love
Reactions: impeeza

Bradlin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
From the installation guide at https://gbatemp.net/download/a-definitive-picofly-install-guide.37968/download :

"If the LED flashes Red once, GREAT, you don't need to do anything special, however, if you see a single Green flash, then you need to permanently bridge the RGB jumper with solder on the rear of the RP2040"

Then the picture shows how to bridge GP25 to GND (not sure why the guide talks about a "RGB jumper", GP25 is not connected to anything on the RP2040 zero).

Anybody knows why? My guess would be that the firmware attempts to detect if it's running on a pi pico or not by checking GP25, which is connected to the onboard LED of the pi pico, but floating on the RP2040 zero.

Is it better to bridge it anyway, even if we get the red LED flash?

QuiTim

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
can i get a preview of the hekate image on the picofly chip? I see on YouTube there are people who install picofly. but the initial view is hekate. not a pico image
After you setup the SDCard the initial view is hekate.
You only get Pico logo when there is no sd present.
But really, what is a purpose of tricking someone that a different chip is installed?
I would understand wanting a TeamXecuter logo (as the original creators of mod), but HWFLY who basically made an exact copy of someone elses work....

rehius

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i2c for Lite - tested
i2clite.jpg

Post automatically merged:

Did i mistakes on some step
wrong points

Was the issue fix when you update sysnand ofw via online, and it reboots but instead of training and glitching into hekate, it will train and boot into ofw?
that is required for proper fuse burning. not a bug.

bilalhassan341

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New firmware helped me to resolve the issue.
On old 2.67 the picofly shows green light and boot into OFW. I check rst point and cleaned and everything no fix. It always blue and then green and boot into OFW.

On new 2.7 firmware picofly gives the error =* which is Dat0 is not connected properly. New firmware is better to diagnose the situation.

if you're facing a issue on green light still don't find any problem. Try 2.7 to see what error it gives. But according to rehius this firmware is in alpha stage. So, do it at your own risk.

Thanks to Rehius for developing this new firmware.

Last edited by bilalhassan341,
Reactions: Phantomas77

abal1000x

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
From the installation guide at https://gbatemp.net/download/a-definitive-picofly-install-guide.37968/download :

"If the LED flashes Red once, GREAT, you don't need to do anything special, however, if you see a single Green flash, then you need to permanently bridge the RGB jumper with solder on the rear of the RP2040"

Then the picture shows how to bridge GP25 to GND (not sure why the guide talks about a "RGB jumper", GP25 is not connected to anything on the RP2040 zero).

Anybody knows why? My guess would be that the firmware attempts to detect if it's running on a pi pico or not by checking GP25, which is connected to the onboard LED of the pi pico, but floating on the RP2040 zero.

Is it better to bridge it anyway, even if we get the red LED flash?
If you are okay, you might try the newest alpha firmware.
It doesn't use color anymore, so you need not to bother those rgb/bgr jumper anymore.

That RGB/GBR jumper is for RP2040-zero not for pico.
And the detection in pico is not using GP25 but GP22.

i2c for Lite - tested
View attachment 371848

wrong points

that is required for proper fuse burning. not a bug.
Wow thanks a ton for the reference.
Gonna try it after works. :switch:

Last edited by abal1000x,

Dee87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi all,

Could somebody give me some pointers?
I have done a shed load of lites, v1, v2 and oleds without issue using APU flex cables... however, tonight I thought I would have a stab at the mosfet thing on a V2 on 16.0.3...

It glitched and went white, then blue, the the usual green.
This time it just booted OFW???

It does the same thing everytime, no 'NO SD CARD' prompt at all.
Odd? Included photos...

I have followed the following diagram too...

Thanks,
Ant
take the kapton off like @lightninjay said then u will have cyan
shorten thos mosfet to apu cap wires and the issue will probally be solved, if that doesnt solve it check mosfet to cpu pin wire

nico77

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
New firmware helped me to resolve the issue.
On old 2.67 the picofly shows green light and boot into OFW. I check rst point and cleaned and everything no fix. It always blue and then green and boot into OFW.

On new 2.7 firmware picofly gives the error =* which is Dat0 is not connected properly. New firmware is better to diagnose the situation.

if you're facing a issue on green light still don't find any problem. Try 2.7 to see what error it gives. But according to rehius this firmware is in alpha stage. So, do it at your own risk.

Thanks to Rehius for developing this new firmware.
im waiting the official one
nice job
Rehius:grog::toot:

Reactions: bilalhassan341

detilmalala

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Hi guys, no one answered, I have a question about the use of installing the new firmware and the 2 cables, would that make all the switches work with a single mosfet?

detilmalala

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
People, I put the firmware 2.67 and the rp2040 turns on a red light, but on the same chip when I put version 2.70 the green light turns on, is that correct?

FreeLander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. I smoothly installed Picofly on a Lite. All is fine. Blue then green light with the forbidden fruit's no sd card logo. However, When I insert an SD card loaded with Hekate I get a black screen, it does not boot into Hekate. The SD card is working fine on OLED and inserting an empty SD card shows "failed to boot payload" I'm assuming both the SD card and slot are working, not sure what's the issue.

QuiTim

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Hello. I smoothly installed Picofly on a Lite. All is fine. Blue then green light with the forbidden fruit's no sd card logo. However, When I insert an SD card loaded with Hekate I get a black screen, it does not boot into Hekate. The SD card is working fine on OLED and inserting an empty SD card shows "failed to boot payload" I'm assuming both the SD card and slot are working, not sure what's the issue.
Maybe it's related: https://gbatemp.net/threads/need-so...-hwfly-lite-installation.613354/post-10099766

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: j