Hacking Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity - English Translation

xBladeM6x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, this is awesome. Thanks for the super in-depth update. I'm ultra psyched to even try this out, Lol. Make me your guinea pig for testing! :ha:

Reactions: IilliI

Fefo

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I think you'd be a good candidate for testing, since your videos show that you know the game well. Just saying.

brb uploading some videos
Jokes aside, there's a lot to be tested. Whoever is chosen please don't halfass it, it'll take long and valuable time to do a good job.

Aside from proofing do you expect any bug caused by some hack?

xBladeM6x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you'd be a good candidate for testing, since your videos show that you know the game well. Just saying.
I'd be honored. I definitely no-life'd on the game for about 3 months when it came out, and have been playing it regularly ever since, so this translation is like a dream come true. Lol

Reactions: Hargrun

Weyu

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've learned how to insert text into the game now, so here's a progress update. Most of the screens so far were about menus and descriptions, I thought I'd show some portions of my story translations too, these are the edited and proofread versions so they are more polished than the previous ones.

The protagonist, Nagisa's speech may seem awkward and stiff, this is intentional. As someone who's not used to interacting with others, she talks very differently from Emilia, for example.

This video includes the prologue sequence and the first mission.

And some screenshots:

Emilia and you visit GRM's Hyuga, but there is another, unannounced guest.
(click spoilers to see the rest)

5Zjqk2T.jpg

Mdqq7yy.jpg

6NTXR99.jpg

NflzqRr.jpg

Nagisa's strong in fights, but verbally, not so much
5y070Me.jpg

h3bAxbz.jpg

g9k5omx.jpg

04NKkAW.jpg

d0OHIw4.jpg

MliLs6C.jpg

Another meeting of our heroes
iYF4DkF.jpg

OkH568v.jpg

SsVkpL5.jpg

g4a46U9.jpg

Emilia meets Wynarl
KDhdjLO.jpg

3QeWHch.jpg

NQqF4vI.jpg

BBpuIQu.jpg

cQLHFeD.jpg

She wants your help
tVQ0v71.jpg

FeUcNbk.jpg

lApRaX8.jpg

QQPsmGD.jpg

UtnFKde.jpg

DWDPgDR.jpg

e3Z6uSd.jpg

W8cECWT.jpg

VFfYwkz.jpg

bkP4VQX.jpg

sViBXPk.jpg

D

Deleted-371971

I've learned how to insert text into the game now, so here's a progress update. Most of the screens so far were about menus and descriptions, I thought I'd show some portions of my story translations too, these are the edited and proofread versions so they are more polished than the previous ones.

The protagonist, Nagisa's speech may seem awkward and stiff, this is intentional. As someone who's not used to interacting with others, she talks very differently from Emilia, for example.

This video includes the prologue sequence and the first mission.

And some screenshots:

Emilia and you visit GRM's Hyuga, but there is another, unannounced guest.
(click spoilers to see the rest)

5Zjqk2T.jpg

Mdqq7yy.jpg

6NTXR99.jpg

NflzqRr.jpg

Nagisa's strong in fights, but verbally, not so much
5y070Me.jpg

h3bAxbz.jpg

g9k5omx.jpg

04NKkAW.jpg

d0OHIw4.jpg

MliLs6C.jpg

Another meeting of our heroes
iYF4DkF.jpg

OkH568v.jpg

SsVkpL5.jpg

g4a46U9.jpg

Emilia meets Wynarl
KDhdjLO.jpg

3QeWHch.jpg

NQqF4vI.jpg

BBpuIQu.jpg

cQLHFeD.jpg

She wants your help
tVQ0v71.jpg

FeUcNbk.jpg

lApRaX8.jpg

QQPsmGD.jpg

UtnFKde.jpg

DWDPgDR.jpg

e3Z6uSd.jpg

W8cECWT.jpg

VFfYwkz.jpg

bkP4VQX.jpg

sViBXPk.jpg
Do you guys intend to finish this project this year?

Fefo

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thanks Weyu, more yummy pictures. Have you changed PPSSPP's font? The weird spacing reminds me of that.

So far, very, very good. TL;DW but there wasn't any scrolling issues nor did you run out of space. It'll look very professional when you finish it; I hope there isn't too many untranslatable things.

Weyu

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It's PPSSPP's original font. I'm going to use the original PSP font for future demonstrations though.

As for translation, there are rarely things you can't localize in some way while still getting the meaning across, it's all about how creative you are.

xBladeM6x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope there isn't too many untranslatable things.
Speaking of which, is there anything that can't be translated? I was hoping it was possible to translate the text in the center @ 20:44 and the white text on the right side of the screen @ 20:46 in the video below. (obviously it's not finished yet, but I'm just asking if it's even possible to translate those in-game.)

Reactions: Fefo

MrFwibbles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
That's what we're working on now. We think it is possible as things stand at the moment, but we can never know for sure what roadblocks we might run into.

xBladeM6x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's what we're working on now. We think it is possible as things stand at the moment, but we can never know for sure what roadblocks we might run into.
Well that's good news. As far as mission specific objectives go, those are pretty important. Lol. Thanks for the quick, and concise response. :yay:

Random question, but are the random performance hiccups (like micro-stuttering) that appear to be present in the few videos that you guys have put out, actually present in-game as a result of the translation patch? Or is that just the result of recording software, personal PC specs, or editing and uploading compression? Sorry for all the questions, I'm just genuinely interested in the details of the project. Lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjocrCuXN-w