Newcomer

United States
    this decade

:wtf:

JamRules likes this.
  2. RikuNoctis

RikuNoctis GBAtemp Regular

Japan
    I'd say that, if people want to get it right now because progress has been "slow", they should work on it themselves and stop begging for someone else's code. After all, I don't see how more people having access to N custom tools is going to make everything go faster if they don't even have the will nor knowledge to try to edit the game by themselves. lol

JamRules and Xandiavis like this.
  3. Important Posts: Team Post Apr 14 2019
    Weyu

Weyu GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    Small update:
    We're making progress on both the text and hacking fronts.
    Some screenshots below of what the new Infinity Mission system added in PSPo2i looks like currently, still W.I.P. though.
    The names are randomly generated with a pre- and a suffix, and it took a while to get a working naming system for this because of various difficulties.
    I think we've got something that's both descriptive and passably appealing now, even if I say so myself.

Test.jpg

4. HoaiTrung97

HoaiTrung97 Hikikomori-Senpai

Japan
    Wow!!! Awesome~~ (≧▽≦)

JamRules likes this.
  5. SmileGates

SmileGates Member
    Newcomer

United States

even better solutions,just cancel the entire thing,who the fuck want to play and old ass PSP game anyway

Weyu likes this.
  6. xBladeM6x

xBladeM6x Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Can't tell if serious.

Azael_inf, tyrantnyx and JamRules like this.
  7. RikuNoctis

RikuNoctis GBAtemp Regular

Japan
    There's an even better one: people should just stop playing games they can't even understand in the first place. lol

8. LumInvader

LumInvader GBAtemp Fan

United States
    An American who speaks Engrish. OK, now I've seen everything...

9. Weyu

Weyu GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    Does anyone have a US PSPo2 save with the Shizuru character unlocked and want to test something for me quickly?
    Should take less than 10 min. and you need to be able to run the US game.

Please write here if you're interested, one person is enough.
    Thanks.

Edit: got one.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2019
  10. Fefo

Fefo GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    Good stuff @Weyu

Been a long time since I messed with the save editor, but can't you cheat that and throw yourself where you need it? It should still be somewhere in this thread.

JamRules likes this.
  11. Fencie

Fencie Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Loooooooong time lurker, made an account just for this lol.

You need a save on PsP2o or PsP2oi? I'm about to head to work but have a PsP2o save with the game complete.

cearp, JamRules and LumInvader like this.
  12. Weyu

Weyu GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    The original US PSPo2, thanks.

JamRules likes this.
  13. limpbiz411

limpbiz411 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    my copy of infinity came in the mail today that i ordered 3 months ago from japan for only $1.52 usd lol

MrFwibbles and JamRules like this.
  14. Fencie

Fencie Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Ugh, forgot that the psp uses microusb and of course now I have no microusb cables anywhere to be found :( Sorry I'll keep looking but if anyone else has a save we should get it to Weyu.

On that note if I AM able to find a microusb cable I'll post my save to Google drive.

JamRules likes this.
  15. arnautg2002

arnautg2002 Newbie
    Newcomer

Spain
    Just made an account, keep up the good work @JamRules and @Weyu!!
    @Fencie do you find ur save? I have a copy of my save of the game on pc, on which I have shizuru on one of character data :b if it's okay with you and still havent passed yours, I can pass my save (if gbatemp lets me, because I'm new and I read something about things that are forbidden as a newbie until I gain 10xp or something).
    Another option would be your save and mine, so @Weyu or @JamRules can do different testing in different saves :b (just to be clear, the US version is ULUS10529, right?)
    Also, I dont only have Shizuru Shu, but others aswell, like Vivienne or Renvolt Masaki; it's been years since I last played, so I cant remember if they were hard to get; just let know just in case I can help with something ^^

Fencie and JamRules like this.
  16. Modesty

Modesty Newbie
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    If it's of any help, I too can possibly help. I have Shizuru unlocked as a partner character and have his partner card. Though, I own the EU copy of PSP2, I'm pretty sure you can just rename the save file to the US PSP2 game save and it should work. Then again, it's been awhile since I have tampered with my PSP saves, so I could be wrong. In any case, I am happy to help assist you in any way I can.

Cromax likes this.
  17. Cromax

Cromax Newbie
    Newcomer

Poland
    Hi,
    I know that this is too soon and farfetched, but…
    Is there a possibility of releasing two versions of this patch - one being with “waifu2x” scaled/cleaned textures? Or at least some guidelines for identifying and managing them?

I don’t know how many types of data you were able to extract, convert and put back – at this point or in the future. So I needed to at least ask.

18. JamRules

OP JamRules .....

United States
    Thanks, I guess if those that can could upload a copy of their saves somewhere and send the link over to Weyu he can pick which one he wants to use. Though he might be able to get you to check the thing he wanted directly.

The short answer it is that it's not something I'm looking right now, and possibly never.

It would probably be quite a bit of effort and I'm not sure how well automatic upscaling will work. It was discussed briefly before. Unless there is a higher resolution source to rip the textures from e.g. PSU? haven't checked if they are better or not.

There are quite a lot of textures and if I remember correctly there are also textures that are composed at run time, for both the CLUT and pixel data. You'll probably want to generate new textures to cover all possible combinations.

Edit: To be clear I'm talking about texture replacement in PPSSPP here, which is probably the only viable way to go.

Malckyor, Jeffiroi and arnautg2002 like this.
  19. arnautg2002

arnautg2002 Newbie
    Newcomer

Spain
    ok @JamRules , I will upload a copy of my save for @Weyu . How should I do it? I mean, I put the save in a zip and comment here using the "upload a file" button? also, I said in a zip, but @Weyu is the one that has to say how he wants the save transferred, if zip, 7zip, rar, etc
    edit: I just saw that u said that maybe he wants to do us directly whatever he wants to check, depending on what it is I might or not be able to do; I mean, I can start the game and check something, but if for example weyu asks me to something like: search the hexadecimal thing that shows when shizuru is in the party, or something like that I might need help :b

20. JamRules

OP JamRules .....

United States
    I've never used the upload feature of gbatemp.
    I would probably upload it to dropbox, drive, etc. and PM the link.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Translation, Phantasy, Portable