1. LumInvader

LumInvader GBAtemp Fan

United States
    For the original game:

Phantasy Star + re-translation patch (MS): Original game with bug fixes and improved sound. Looks great in 240p on CRT.
    Sega Ages Phantasy Star (Switch): Original graphics + new features (improved sound, auto-mapping, less grinding, etc).
    Phantasy Star Generation 1 (PS2): Updated graphics, music, & sound. More story and items than original.

JamRules likes this.
  2. SmileGates

SmileGates Member
    Newcomer

United States
    is this still going ? y'all need some translator ?

3. JamRules

OP JamRules .....

United States
    Still going, I'm mainly working technical bits at the moment and Weyu is handling all the text.

Azael_inf, StormRyder, Fefo and 10 others like this.
  4. TheGuyMadeOfTofu

TheGuyMadeOfTofu GBAtemp Fan

Well this is a surprises. Hope it doesn't drop like Nova

Last edited: Mar 11, 2019
    JamRules likes this.
  5. limpbiz411

limpbiz411 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    so happy to hear this on such a sad day for me

6. Sayatokirushima

Newcomer

France
    Hello JamRules and Weyu i created an account here just to tell you this: first of all i want to thank you for all your hard work going on with this translation,i've been a fan of phantasy star games since childhood and i am really grateful this version of PSP2 will get a translation (take your time no rush ^^) also i was wondering if you guys were looking for help? some of my friends on discord server speaks and can write very good japanese and english,i could reach to them in case you are looking for some help about translations etc, and see if some of them are interested in giving a hand. Just keep me informed and thanks again for this translation,even after all these years you guys are still going on this psp jewel and that's awesome!!!!

JamRules likes this.
  7. Jeffiroi

Jeffiroi Member
    Newcomer

Please read the very first post in this thread. Although it does not show the current progress and was updated last July 21, 2018, it still reflects the current issues at hand, which is to say that the romhacking part is a surmounting task to overcome.

JamRules likes this.
  8. JamRules

OP JamRules .....

United States
    Thanks for the support. I think we are okay on the translation front at the moment though.

Thanks. I’ll have to refresh the first post at some point when I’ve got something good to put.

StormRyder, Fefo, IilliI and 2 others like this.
  9. Nyrheim

Nyrheim Newbie
    Newcomer

Brazil
    and the story goes on....

IilliI and JamRules like this.
  10. limpbiz411

limpbiz411 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    if you were a guessing man would you say before or after Christmas this year?

11. JamRules

OP JamRules .....

United States
    Well, I was originally hoping for some time this decade...
    We'll see...

Modesty, StormRyder, Jeffiroi and 4 others like this.
  12. Fefo

Fefo GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    I laughed at "this decade" but damn, it's almost 5 years, and that's without considering coldbird.

Sega is about that tough love.

JamRules likes this.
  13. StormRyder

StormRyder Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    "this decade" means before the end of 2020, or 2019 depending on how u look at numbers

but its gonna be well worth the wait, this game is just about the best arpg i ever played, and i played thru the original secret of mana 20+ times

JamRules likes this.
  14. Something whatever

Something whatever Gazer of the East

United States
    I just time traveled in a hot box, it about 60% done in the year 2119.

JamRules likes this.
  15. Weyu

Weyu GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    Sounds about right.

JamRules and Something whatever like this.
  16. SkyBladeCloud

SkyBladeCloud GBAtemp Fan

Funny thing is that I actually posted an image 5 years ago teasing PSP2:I as my next project, but I think no one even saw it, as it was around the same time as FF:T0's release and people were focused on other things:

[​IMG]

In any case I saw this project was taking shape so I scraped the idea. It's perfectly understandable though, why these projects take so long or are never completed. After all, many of us are here for the challenge, and when it's no longer there, it's not worth it continuing, regardless of the completion of the translation itself.

~Sky

17. RikuNoctis

RikuNoctis GBAtemp Regular

Japan
    I remember that as I did play and almost completed the game at the time, just like many other PSP titles.

Phantasy Star Nova is in that "challenge" phase too with the text, but there's still people that show interest both in the game and in the TL project.

BTW, glad to see you are still around Sky.

JamRules likes this.
  18. Modesty

Modesty Newbie
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    Stopping by once again to catch up on the progress of the translation patch. Very pleasing to know Jam and the others still working on this project.
    I care a lot about Infinity (pretty sure many others do on here as well) and it is going to be a huge threshold for fans and veteran fans alike to be able to access and play and enjoy the game in English.

I do have a cquestion regarding the dlc. I noticed Jam mentioned the file when it is released would be a .xdelta file.

What does that mean exactly anything we should know? I am aware of the how the dlc may not be translated, but hoping it will work just as the JP dlc worked in the PSP2 in means of installing it on the PSP folder. Like I have said before, and I'm certain other people will vouch for is that this patch is certainly going to be worth the wait. Keep up the amazing work. ^_^

JamRules likes this.
  19. LumInvader

LumInvader GBAtemp Fan

United States
    xdelta is a patcher that performs a hash check before patching to verify it's patching the correct file. You can find it here:

http://xdelta.org/

And you can use xdeltaUI to run xdelta, which can be found here:

https://www.romhacking.net/utilities/598/

Unless Jam notes otherwise, it's probably safe to assume that patching the language data shouldn't interfere with the interoperability between the game and it's DLC.

JamRules likes this.
  20. Gameboy Color

Gameboy Color Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I kinda wish you did cause there might've been more progress by now. Or at the least something open source for people to work on together.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Translation, Phantasy, Portable