Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity - English Translation

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by JamRules, Jul 5, 2014.

1. duwen

duwen Old Man Yoshi

Sep 6, 2013
    United Kingdom
    Bullet Hell
    I'm somewhat of a purist, so my personal preference are the original Master System and Megadrive releases on original hardware - but even then there's the fact that only the original Japanese release of the first game has the awesome FM audio.
    I hear good things about the Switch port of the first game - the addition of dungeon mapping is a game changer... in a good way.

JamRules likes this.
  2. LumInvader

LumInvader GBAtemp Regular

Mar 30, 2013
    United States
    For the original game:

Phantasy Star + re-translation patch (MS): Original game with bug fixes and improved sound. Looks great in 240p on CRT.
    Sega Ages Phantasy Star (Switch): Original graphics + new features (improved sound, auto-mapping, less grinding, etc).
    Phantasy Star Generation 1 (PS2): Updated graphics, music, & sound. More story and items than original.

JamRules likes this.
  3. SmileGates

SmileGates Member

Newcomer
    Mar 20, 2017
    United States
    is this still going ? y'all need some translator ?

4. JamRules
    OP

JamRules .....

Jan 9, 2014
    United States
    Still going, I'm mainly working technical bits at the moment and Weyu is handling all the text.

Fefo, Amiculi, SCOTT0852 and 8 others like this.
  5. TheGuyMadeOfTofu

TheGuyMadeOfTofu GBAtemp Fan

Nov 18, 2016
    Well this is a surprises. Hope it doesn't drop like Nova

Last edited by TheGuyMadeOfTofu, Mar 11, 2019
    JamRules likes this.
  6. limpbiz411

limpbiz411 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 12, 2007
    United States
    so happy to hear this on such a sad day for me

7. Sayatokirushima

Sayatokirushima Newbie

Newcomer
    Friday
    France
    Hello JamRules and Weyu i created an account here just to tell you this: first of all i want to thank you for all your hard work going on with this translation,i've been a fan of phantasy star games since childhood and i am really grateful this version of PSP2 will get a translation (take your time no rush ^^) also i was wondering if you guys were looking for help? some of my friends on discord server speaks and can write very good japanese and english,i could reach to them in case you are looking for some help about translations etc, and see if some of them are interested in giving a hand. Just keep me informed and thanks again for this translation,even after all these years you guys are still going on this psp jewel and that's awesome!!!!

JamRules likes this.
  8. Jeffiroi

Jeffiroi Member

Newcomer
    Nov 11, 2013
    Valenzuela City
    Please read the very first post in this thread. Although it does not show the current progress and was updated last July 21, 2018, it still reflects the current issues at hand, which is to say that the romhacking part is a surmounting task to overcome.

JamRules likes this.
  9. JamRules
    OP

JamRules .....

Jan 9, 2014
    United States
    Thanks for the support. I think we are okay on the translation front at the moment though.

Thanks. I’ll have to refresh the first post at some point when I’ve got something good to put.

10. Nyrheim

Nyrheim Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 12, 2018
    Brazil
    and the story goes on....

IilliI and JamRules like this.
  11. limpbiz411

limpbiz411 GBAtemp Regular

Oct 12, 2007
    United States
    if you were a guessing man would you say before or after Christmas this year?

12. JamRules
    OP

JamRules .....

Jan 9, 2014
    United States
    Well, I was originally hoping for some time this decade...
    We'll see...

Fefo, DarkSynopsis and limpbiz411 like this.
  13. Fefo

Fefo GBAtemp Regular

Jun 4, 2011
    Brazil
    I laughed at "this decade" but damn, it's almost 5 years, and that's without considering coldbird.

Sega is about that tough love.