JamRules

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IMPORTANT

This project has now been release, please check the dedicated release thread

https://gbatemp.net/threads/phantas...y-english-localization-public-release.576943/

Some may be familiar with Phantasy Star Portable and Portable 2 which received English releases, however 2 Infinity never did. Personally I really like this game and it's quite a considerable expansion so I thought it was a shame no patch has been released so I decided to take a look.

(The following screens are the first examples of text insertion,
they do not represent the actual patch's quality)

npjh50332_00083_0.jpg

npjh50332_00110_0.jpg

psp2i-suite-2_0.png

*More screens here*

http://gbatemp.net/threads/phantasy...glish-translation.368328/page-37#post-5668740

GROUP MEMBERS

ArasKarasu - Script organisation, typesetting, editing
LoliRam - Script organisation, typesetting, editing
MrFwibbles - Script organisation, typesetting, editing
Weyu - Script organisation, typesetting, editing
JamRules - Romhacking

SPECIAL THANKS

DeviFoxx - for giving permission to use this comprehensive guide
(http://www.devimension.com/dona/psp2i_guide_download.html)
essen – for research into .nbl
fuzziqer – for research into prs encryption
@akiyoruno - for providing extra script resources

EXAMPLE VIDEOS

Example Video - MrFwibbles - Mar 22, 2015

Extended Look - MrFwibbles Sep 14, 2015

Story Demonstration - Weyu - Sep 18, 2015

FAQs

It has now been released, please see the dedicated release thread as linked above.
You can also check the "Threadmarks" to find updates from the team.

Please see the dedicated release thread.

You will need an ISO of the original game to apply the patch too.
There are ways to dump this using your own UMD, please search how to do this if unsure.
We will not be providing a copy of the ISO.

The online component of the game is now offline, as it the case for all PSP games.
The adhoc mode still works however and there are ways to set this up to allow multiplayer over the internet.

For more information please see here:
https://sites.google.com/site/psp2iguide/playing-online

Yes, the patched game can be played using PPSSPP.

Please note that by default PPSSPP doesn't use the same font as an original PSP.
You can however install it.

We have translated the dlc quests, those that are available here http://www.psp2infinity.jp/pc/mission/).
However, we don't plan to translate any of the psn store paid dlc items, etc.

Existing save data for the unpatched version will continue to work with the patched version.

Additionally there are methods to import your savedata from Phantasy Star Portable 2.
You can search for these yourself or read the post by JC200X here which may help:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/phantas...glish-translation.368328/page-30#post-5514412

or this post by Anubis1101
Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity - English Translation

Last edited by JamRules,

john032194

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
woah i never thought this will be brought up again, last news i heard of these is that coldbird cancelled the translation, hope you continue the project guys and good luck with the permission hope that the author of it is still active, unfortunately i am not proficient in japanese but if the guy who is part of operation doomtrain (FF TYpe-0) is still looking for projects best contact him if he is still looking for one.

Reactions: JamRules

shafty710

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I wanted to play this, but opted to play the regular Phantasy Star Portable 2 release when I found that there was no English translation of Infinity. It seems like an enormous undertaking; good luck my friend.

JamRules

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
woah i never thought this will be brought up again, last news i heard of these is that coldbird cancelled the translation, hope you continue the project guys and good luck with the permission hope that the author of it is still active, unfortunately i am not proficient in japanese but if the guy who is part of operation doomtrain (FF TYpe-0) is still looking for projects best contact him if he is still looking for one.

Hopefully DeviFoxx is still active, I only just sent him an email so I'll have to see.
In the mean time I'll probably copy the existing translations for episode 1 from the English release,
I'm hoping swapping game files will work

You should use https://www.transifex.com/ to make more peope help translating the text files

Never heard of that service before, looks interesting but I think you have to pay

Edit: DeviFoxx generously gave his permission to use the guide which will help greatly with translation

john032194

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
one question thought, will you include the translation on episode 1(Emilia's route) and the random npc dialogs? since devifoxx translated only the story on episode 2(nagisa's route) and all the items on episode 2.

JamRules

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
one question thought, will you include the translation on episode 1(Emilia's route) and the random npc dialogs? since devifoxx translated only the story on episode 2(nagisa's route) and all the items on episode 2.

"I'll probably copy the existing translations for episode 1 from the English release"

I'll be aiming to release a patch as complete as possible, but at the very least I want to do all the cutscenes

Reactions: kagekyo

LEDAHGRIM

RPG Dreamer
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank god someone picked up this game again, I was left a bit burned when coldbird cancelled his translation.

But then I read it had random freezes and crashes due to it being done in the RAM and other things. Most people thought he rage quit it because his VITA CFW was leaked...

Reactions: MrShyCity

JamRules

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank god someone picked up this game again, I was left a bit burned when coldbird cancelled his translation.

But then I read it had random freezes and crashes due to it being done in the RAM and other things. Most people thought he rage quit it because his VITA CFW was leaked...

I wasn't following it at the time but looking at old posts but your right I think he was using a plugin to hook the RAM (way too complicated for me to do),
I'm doing it via editing the game files so it should hopefully be stable.

JamRules

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would like to help out with this patch,so will my offer accepted?
although i'm still a High School student i only could spend about 6 hours/day on my PC
i'm still new to this but if there's something i could do i will do it

Help arranging the text for insertion would be appreciated, I don't expect you to spend ages each day but I would like someone to join and stay on board for the whole project. How good is your Japanese though? You don't need to translate the text since the guide has already done that but you ideally you should be able to recognize the text to arrange it ready something like this

0^
あれ? 誰かいる……?
(huh? someone’s here……?)

1^
……貴方、その石に何をしているんですか。
(……You、what are you doing to that stone?)

2^
…………

3^
石が消えた!?
(The stone…disappeared!?)

4^
……これで、104個。
(……this makes 104.)

5^
待ちなさい! ここはGRM社の研究施設です。
美しいお嬢さんでも、不法な侵入は許されません。
理由を聞かせてもらえますか。
(Wait! This is GRM’s lab. Even a pretty lady
such as yourself can’t be forgiven for
unauthorised access. Let’s hear your reasons.)

6^
……そして、今、何をしたのかも。
(……and what you just did.)

7^
断る。
(I refuse.)

8^
フ……意志の強い女性は好きですよ。
ですが、状況が状況です。
不本意ながら、力づくでも聞かせてもらいます。
(ha……I do like strong willed women.
But, the situation calls for it.
Not ideal, but I’ll use force if I have too.)

9^
ちょ、ちょっと!
(W、wait!)

10^
下がっていてください、お二人とも。
こう見えても、剣技には自信があるんですよ!
(Please stand back, both of you.
Dispite appearances I’m confident in
my swordmanship.)

Though in this case this isn't the guide's translations but it should give you some idea of the format

ArasKarasu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Help arranging the text for insertion would be appreciated, I don't expect you to spend ages each day but I would like someone to join and stay on board for the whole project. How good is your Japanese though? You don't need to translate the text since the guide has already done that but you ideally you should be able to recognize the text to arrange it ready something like this

0^
あれ? 誰かいる……?
(huh? someone’s here……?)

1^
……貴方、その石に何をしているんですか。
(……You、what are you doing to that stone?)

2^
…………

3^
石が消えた!?
(The stone…disappeared!?)

4^
……これで、104個。
(……this makes 104.)

5^
待ちなさい! ここはGRM社の研究施設です。
美しいお嬢さんでも、不法な侵入は許されません。
理由を聞かせてもらえますか。
(Wait! This is GRM’s lab. Even a pretty lady
such as yourself can’t be forgiven for
unauthorised access. Let’s hear your reasons.)

6^
……そして、今、何をしたのかも。
(……and what you just did.)

7^
断る。
(I refuse.)

8^
フ……意志の強い女性は好きですよ。
ですが、状況が状況です。
不本意ながら、力づくでも聞かせてもらいます。
(ha……I do like strong willed women.
But, the situation calls for it.
Not ideal, but I’ll use force if I have too.)

9^
ちょ、ちょっと!
(W、wait!)

10^
下がっていてください、お二人とも。
こう見えても、剣技には自信があるんですよ!
(Please stand back, both of you.
Dispite appearances I’m confident in
my swordmanship.)

Though in this case this isn't the guide's translations but it should give you some idea of the format
I could help with that one,I may not an expert at japanese but i could recognize thing like these,so when should i start? the required program i should have?
*anyway,I already have the PSP2,PSP2I ISO and DeviFoxx guide

JamRules

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I plan to export the text as .txt files but is there a preferred layout you want?
The current format is like the above, so number^japanese (english).

Its like this so the .txt file can be automatically imported but other formats could work

LoliRam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh man I've been waiting for someone to pick this back up! I'm curious if this patch would be for emulator or would you be able to make the patch work on a real copy of the game?

Reactions: T__ and Vonhart

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: He's right behind me, isn't he? +1