1. hoshea

hoshea Member
    Newcomer

Indonesia
    Devifoxx's translated guide released in an e-book pdf format, so you can play offline while opening the e-book in your phone or PC, if you need it you can just google it. It is pretty helpful explaining the story for non japanese reader.. or.. just wait the translation patch to be done by this team.

Anubis1101 likes this.
  2. havefeith

havefeith Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    At this point, I might as well just wait. I haven't touched PSP2:I in all the time since its release, since I wasn't able to use my Western save at the time. The method to convert it wasn't available at the time. And since I waited this long to try it, what's a few more months?

Anubis1101 likes this.
  3. hoshea

hoshea Member
    Newcomer

Indonesia
    Soon, you're not the only one to wait the release of this patch. 2020 is just starting a new quarter, it will be released pretty soon.

Which method? AFAIK you just need to know Japanese PSP2 save folder name, so you can rename your western save folder to this Japanese folder name. then import the save in PSP2Infinity. It works for me more than a couple times.

4. GorillaGD

GorillaGD Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Glad to see this project is almost finished, I'll likely be stuck playing it for many months on end.

5. henok12

henok12 Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
    I really wish they had a youtube channel to post videos of the beta testers playing the game during these last few months before it's release which is pretty soon if all goes well. really would like to the creators and testers playing the game just to show how far it come.

Mage-Andrey likes this.
  6. Fefo

Fefo GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    Someone released an auto texture scaler for "improved" textures: https://github.com/WalkerMx/AutoCrispy. Easy to set-up, just read the main page and follow the instructions.

The results using waifu2x are not that dramatic, but I can't afford to scale further than 2 times in game. Still, it's fire and forget, and it'll probably improve with newer and better backends.

darkling3100 likes this.
  7. Cromax

Cromax Newbie
    Newcomer

Poland
    Cool, I will try that one out. I'm often using ESRgan that supports transparency. I don't think waifu2x does that. Without that support, some textures could be bugged.

There are good 1x and 2x models for ESRgan here upscale. If you search “ESRgan models” there should be “Artifact Removal”, or other anime based ones.

You could try that.

Or just go with ReShade for Vulkan.

For example there is one fun shader called “AdvancedCRT” if used correctly it can create cool effect of pc-98 anime dithering on textures, not only adding nostalgia, but also some shadows. There are a lot of things you can do in it.

[Edit]
    Link:
    Models for ESRgan: upscale. wiki/wiki/Model_Database

[Edit2]
    Apparently there is ReShade’s modified version called GShade. Straight out of Phantasy Star Online 2 community. Adds more functionality, a lot of presets, presets converter, outside of game Control Panel, better performance and growing support for online play.

Last edited by Cromax, Aug 21, 2020
    Fefo likes this.
  8. Fencie

Fencie Member
    Newcomer

United States
    So, is anyone here on the testing team and could weigh in on progress? Or @Weyu or @JamRules how's progress?

9. Weyu

Weyu GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    We're mostly on schedule and release is still planned for this year.
    Our small tester group is attentive and has pointed out a good amount of issues, and the patch is continuously getting more polished with every new internal version.
    Hopefully if there are no unforeseen issues we can all enjoy the patch in English soon.

10. Fencie

Fencie Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Thanks for the update! You guys rock!

Last edited by Fencie, Aug 31, 2020
    DllMkr and jahmane like this.
  11. lostbob117

lostbob117 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Can't wait, been wanting to play this game, but decided to put it off for this.

12. Darkstardust

Darkstardust Member
    Newcomer

Indonesia
    Thanks for update. I can't imagine how long and hard you all working on this projects.
    Keep up the good work.

Last edited by Darkstardust, Sep 15, 2020
  13. Yahia700

Yahia700 Newbie
    Newcomer

Morocco
    I CANT wait for this, been a while now and still no update, any confirmed date of translation release ?
    also thanks alot for the hard work translation team!

14. Clarynaa

Clarynaa Member
    Newcomer

United States
    So hyped! Tried to play without translation and it was too much of a pain in the butt.

darkling3100 likes this.
  15. NiamhNyx

NiamhNyx Member
    Newcomer

United States
    what do you mean its been a while? weyu said they are trucking along polishing the patch up on 31st of august? thats quite recent.

16. Clarynaa

Clarynaa Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Edit: I see the last "threadmarked" post says multiplayer doesn't work, but that post is almost a year old. Is multiplayer working now? :)

Last edited by Clarynaa, Sep 22, 2020
  17. Important Posts: Team Post Sep 22 2020
    Weyu

Weyu GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    Update on some of the things we've been working on alongside the testing:

Below are some of the smaller remaining typesetting issues that have been improved.
    The spacing between the text is done manually by adding tabs and spaces, so getting the objects to line up proved to be quite a task.
    (Lower image is the updated version. Some of the pics may be a bit blurry because of resizing; this is not indicative of the in-game quality.)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

JamRules has also created translated versions of tutorial images.

[​IMG]

Some more examples. These also show what our rework of the Infinity Mission system looks like.

[​IMG]

Edit: One more to show some extra DL missions that were finally translated.
    These were periodically released by SEGA at the time, or you could get them from various events or promo codes.
    They will be included in the patch DL.

[​IMG]

Last edited by Weyu, Sep 22, 2020
    Fefo, Arcus, JamRules and 16 others like this.
  18. mudzilla

mudzilla Newbie
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    looking awesome!

19. RikuNoctis

RikuNoctis GBAtemp Regular

Japan
    Awesome. Thanks for the hard work.

We are available if you need testing stuff (like someone mentioned before in one of the Discord servers today) with either a Vita or PPSSPP.

20. Clarynaa

Clarynaa Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Amazing progress! Can't wait!

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Translation, Phantasy, Portable