Hacking Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity - English Translation

RikuNoctis

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I'd say that, if people want to get it right now because progress has been "slow", they should work on it themselves and stop begging for someone else's code. After all, I don't see how more people having access to N custom tools is going to make everything go faster if they don't even have the will nor knowledge to try to edit the game by themselves. lol

Team Post Apr 14 2019

Weyu

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Small update:
We're making progress on both the text and hacking fronts.
Some screenshots below of what the new Infinity Mission system added in PSPo2i looks like currently, still W.I.P. though.
The names are randomly generated with a pre- and a suffix, and it took a while to get a working naming system for this because of various difficulties.
I think we've got something that's both descriptive and passably appealing now, even if I say so myself.

Test.jpg

HoaiTrung97

Hikikomori-Senpai
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Small update:
We're making progress on both the text and hacking fronts.
Some screenshots below of what the new Infinity Mission system added in PSPo2i looks like currently, still W.I.P. though.
The names are randomly generated with a pre- and a suffix, and it took a while to get a working naming system for this because of various difficulties.
I think we've got something that's both descriptive and passably appealing now, even if I say so myself.

View attachment 163712
Wow!!! Awesome~~ (≧▽≦)

Reactions: JamRules

SmileGates

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd say that, if people want to get it right now because progress has been "slow", they should work on it themselves and stop begging for someone else's code. After all, I don't see how more people having access to N custom tools is going to make everything go faster if they don't even have the will nor knowledge to try to edit the game by themselves. lol

even better solutions,just cancel the entire thing,who the fuck want to play and old ass PSP game anyway

Reactions: Weyu

Weyu

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Does anyone have a US PSPo2 save with the Shizuru character unlocked and want to test something for me quickly?
Should take less than 10 min. and you need to be able to run the US game.

Please write here if you're interested, one person is enough.
Thanks.

Edit: got one.

Last edited by Weyu,

Fefo

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Good stuff @Weyu

Been a long time since I messed with the save editor, but can't you cheat that and throw yourself where you need it? It should still be somewhere in this thread.

Fencie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone have a US PSPo2 save with the Shizuru character unlocked and want to test something for me quickly?

Thanks.
Loooooooong time lurker, made an account just for this lol.

You need a save on PsP2o or PsP2oi? I'm about to head to work but have a PsP2o save with the game complete.

Fencie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The original US PSPo2, thanks.
Ugh, forgot that the psp uses microusb and of course now I have no microusb cables anywhere to be found :( Sorry I'll keep looking but if anyone else has a save we should get it to Weyu.

On that note if I AM able to find a microusb cable I'll post my save to Google drive.

arnautg2002

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Just made an account, keep up the good work @JamRules and @Weyu!!
@Fencie do you find ur save? I have a copy of my save of the game on pc, on which I have shizuru on one of character data :b if it's okay with you and still havent passed yours, I can pass my save (if gbatemp lets me, because I'm new and I read something about things that are forbidden as a newbie until I gain 10xp or something).
Another option would be your save and mine, so @Weyu or @JamRules can do different testing in different saves :b (just to be clear, the US version is ULUS10529, right?)
Also, I dont only have Shizuru Shu, but others aswell, like Vivienne or Renvolt Masaki; it's been years since I last played, so I cant remember if they were hard to get; just let know just in case I can help with something ^^

Last edited by arnautg2002,
Reactions: Fencie and JamRules

Modesty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Thanks.
If it's of any help, I too can possibly help. I have Shizuru unlocked as a partner character and have his partner card. Though, I own the EU copy of PSP2, I'm pretty sure you can just rename the save file to the US PSP2 game save and it should work. Then again, it's been awhile since I have tampered with my PSP saves, so I could be wrong. In any case, I am happy to help assist you in any way I can.

Reactions: Cromax

Cromax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hi,
I know that this is too soon and farfetched, but…
Is there a possibility of releasing two versions of this patch - one being with “waifu2x” scaled/cleaned textures? Or at least some guidelines for identifying and managing them?

I don’t know how many types of data you were able to extract, convert and put back – at this point or in the future. So I needed to at least ask.

JamRules

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ugh, forgot that the psp uses microusb and of course now I have no microusb cables anywhere to be found :( Sorry I'll keep looking but if anyone else has a save we should get it to Weyu.

On that note if I AM able to find a microusb cable I'll post my save to Google drive.

Just made an account, keep up the good work @JamRules and @Weyu!!
@Fencie do you find ur save? I have a copy of my save of the game on pc, on which I have shizuru on one of character data :b if it's okay with you and still havent passed yours, I can pass my save (if gbatemp lets me, because I'm new and I read something about things that are forbidden as a newbie until I gain 10xp or something).
Another option would be your save and mine, so @Weyu or @JamRules can do different testing in different saves :b (just to be clear, the US version is ULUS10529, right?)
Also, I dont only have Shizuru Shu, but others aswell, like Vivienne or Renvolt Masaki; it's been years since I last played, so I cant remember if they were hard to get; just let know just in case I can help with something ^^

If it's of any help, I too can possibly help. I have Shizuru unlocked as a partner character and have his partner card. Though, I own the EU copy of PSP2, I'm pretty sure you can just rename the save file to the US PSP2 game save and it should work. Then again, it's been awhile since I have tampered with my PSP saves, so I could be wrong. In any case, I am happy to help assist you in any way I can.

Thanks, I guess if those that can could upload a copy of their saves somewhere and send the link over to Weyu he can pick which one he wants to use. Though he might be able to get you to check the thing he wanted directly.

Hi,
I know that this is too soon and farfetched, but…
Is there a possibility of releasing two versions of this patch - one being with “waifu2x” scaled/cleaned textures? Or at least some guidelines for identifying and managing them?

I don’t know how many types of data you were able to extract, convert and put back – at this point or in the future. So I needed to at least ask.

The short answer it is that it's not something I'm looking right now, and possibly never.

It would probably be quite a bit of effort and I'm not sure how well automatic upscaling will work. It was discussed briefly before. Unless there is a higher resolution source to rip the textures from e.g. PSU? haven't checked if they are better or not.

There are quite a lot of textures and if I remember correctly there are also textures that are composed at run time, for both the CLUT and pixel data. You'll probably want to generate new textures to cover all possible combinations.

Edit: To be clear I'm talking about texture replacement in PPSSPP here, which is probably the only viable way to go.

Last edited by JamRules,

arnautg2002

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
ok @JamRules , I will upload a copy of my save for @Weyu . How should I do it? I mean, I put the save in a zip and comment here using the "upload a file" button? also, I said in a zip, but @Weyu is the one that has to say how he wants the save transferred, if zip, 7zip, rar, etc
edit: I just saw that u said that maybe he wants to do us directly whatever he wants to check, depending on what it is I might or not be able to do; I mean, I can start the game and check something, but if for example weyu asks me to something like: search the hexadecimal thing that shows when shizuru is in the party, or something like that I might need help :b

Last edited by arnautg2002,

JamRules

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok @JamRules , I will upload a copy of my save for @Weyu . How should I do it? I mean, I put the save in a zip and comment here using the "upload a file" button? also, I said in a zip, but @Weyu is the one that has to say how he wants the save transferred, if zip, 7zip, rar, etc
edit: I just saw that u said that maybe he wants to do us directly whatever he wants to check, depending on what it is I might or not be able to do; I mean, I can start the game and check something, but if for example weyu asks me to something like: search the hexadecimal thing that shows when shizuru is in the party, or something like that I might need help :b

I've never used the upload feature of gbatemp.
I would probably upload it to dropbox, drive, etc. and PM the link.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Speaking of PLaystation. I see Evilnat put out a beta for PS3 CFW 4.91.2 on the 22nd.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't really see the point in updating it tbh
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Don't really see the point in updating it tbh