Homebrew RELEASE pFBA: final burn alpha

glareon81

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol yeah, but that doesn't mean that they are currently working in this emulator. And ColecoVision is far, far older than 2001. Has anyone tested ColecoVision or PCE and gotten it to run in this one? Seeing if it's just me, or the emulator.

reminon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol yeah, but that doesn't mean that they are currently working in this emulator. And ColecoVision is far, far older than 2001. Has anyone tested ColecoVision or PCE and gotten it to run in this one? Seeing if it's just me, or the emulator.
pretty sure he was meaning that the xbox is from 2001, not coleco.

cpasjuste

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi guys.

First, thanks for all your support.

I did "work" hard the past days, and so i'm releasing a new version (1.50) of pFBA for the Switch. The changelog is probably incomplete, but you can see i made some cool progress! There's still some work to do, i did write all your suggestions and most are in the work or planned. So you can take a look at the first post to download this one.

THERE IS MAJOR CHANGES IN THE CONFIGURATION, YOU NEED TO DELETE THE CONFIG FILES BEFORE PLAYING BACK YOUR FAVORITE GAME :

• DELETE FILE "/switch/pfba/pfba.cfg
  • DELETE FOLDER "/switch/pfba/configs"

Waiting for your reports !

Last edited by cpasjuste,

reminon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys.

First, thanks for all your support.

I did "work" hard the past days, and so i'm releasing a new version (1.50) of pFBA for the Switch. The changelog is probably incomplete, but you can see i made some cool progress! There's still some work to do, i did write all your suggestions and most are in the work or planned. So you can take a look at the first post to download this one.

THERE IS MAJOR CHANGES IN THE CONFIGURATION, YOU NEED TO DELETE THE CONFIG FILES BEFORE PLAYING BACK YOUR FAVORITE GAME :

• DELETE FILE "/switch/pfba/pfba.cfg
  • DELETE FOLDER "/switch/pfba/configs"

Waiting for your reports !
trying it now..thank you!

Tomobobo

Champion.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The save states worked on Sonic 3, some issues when using scaling and rotation. I don't think normal "sram" type saving works right now.I didn't restart the 1.5 fba after install, I don't know if that affected the sound not working after the option turned on and a 2345-0021 after messing with the scaling options. After restarting the emulator from that error I got audio and was messing with scaling options in Sonic and it seemed to work. Rotation I haven't been able to successfully do, I tried on some random game and the switch crashed 2345-0021, tried with 1941 and the setting said on, but the game was running and all I had was a black screen. Setting it to cab mode had the image reversed but properly displayed on screen. I didn't thoroughly test the rotation option just had a go at it on 2 games. Audio on Sonic 3 was functional but poor quality, as expected, but does work! Must have been a lot of work to get this all to this point! Thanks a lot for a super cool emulator port! It would be really nice to get 2 controllers working for 2 player games, but I can imagine it getting crazy with the Joycons being the way they are, both split and connected as one, I wonder how that is gonna end up working out with homebrew apps. Will they call to the system and bring up that controller menu where you press L+R when you wanna add controllers? Are the apps gonna have to have an option for that?

Joystick working as a dpad. Save states are awesome!

Last edited by Tomobobo,
Reactions: untok

reminon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thx for new release. Rotation works ans states save works. Tried to audio switch on no sound did this work only sertain roms.
Audio works when you switch it on, but you have to switch it on for a rom, then exit the rom, and reload the rom.

Reactions: Masterwin

Tomobobo

Champion.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Switching on audio and reloading seems to work mostly. But I feel like if I load a new rom after I've enabled audio, audio is broken and doesn't work anymore until a restart of the emu. Although it is poor quality, I kinda wish it was on by default. If it doesn't affect performance, and it doesn't seem to, then I can always just turn down the volume.

Button remapping worked. It would be cool if we could button map a 2nd player's inputs to P1 for now to at least get 2p working on split joycons.

Last edited by Tomobobo,

Migz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nice progress, save states working, no lag in fullscreen, great work.
Hi cpasjuste, As stated above great work & progress on this excellent emulator on switch! Playing street fighter III in full screen with no lag is awesome! All we need now is sound! ;) Awesome work Fella! ;)

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Played with the new build today. Mostly Shadowrun for Genesis (Decker already maxed out in body, speed, intelligence and firearms, 17k nuyen on the credstick and I havent even left the Redmond Barrens.. ;) ).

Stuff I've noticed were mostly UI inconveniences, which is a good sign.. ;) Used fit screen for most of the time, without issues. Joystick movement seems to be pretty spot on (very usable) in game (only genesis tested so far). Also standby/resume works as intended ("press a button three times" screen pops up, then the emulation in game resumes). Exit now works as well. :)

I'll list some of the stuff I stumbled over today (mostly UI related). It doesnt need to be fixed/altered necessarily, but its feedback nevertheless. :)

- Its too easy to mistake save for load - and the other way around. Did it a couple of times today. But always had a backup savestate going.. :) The proposal here would be to seperate out save and load into different sub menus, with an ok/cancel prompt (that can default to load or save - but would require an additional button press).

- The on screen menu lags a tiny bit, and as a result it is easy to hit exit, when you'd try to save/load a game. Maybe seperate exit from save/load (or save and load in the future.. ;) ), by having a few less commonly used menu items in between them.

- Fontsize is pretty tiny. This comes with pros and cons. :) Dont redesign the entire frontend because of this comment, but if you spec this out in the future, it is not "10 foot interface" (sitting on a couch, looking at your TV) proof and even quite tiny when in handheld mode.

- There sometimes is an odd pixel shift going on in the font rendering, that morphs letters a little. Its not hugely problematic, but it takes away from an otherwise very clean UI. :)

- The save screen asks you to press Button 1 (or similar) in its designation - this might be replacable with Switch button designations (A, B, X, Y, ...) in the future. If this should lead to a retroarch like complexity issue with people having remaped their keys globally - leave it at button one.. ;)

- "Fit" without filters is *meh* I havent found the bilinear filtering option (if its not there, nevermind, Ill reread the thread, I thought there was a mention), so some filter options would be nice some time in the future. Im a fan of devs choosing and picking 5-7 instead of allowing users to use 500 from a pack they downloaded - but thats just me. ;)

I'll try out arcade stuff in the next few days. :)

Last edited by notimp,
Reactions: Masterwin and jhakk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.