Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
SifJar said:
Nollog said:
SifJar said:
I wonder what features of the DSi will be available? e.g. local multiplayer, WiFi etc...? Probably a little hopeful to hope for either of those things I guess...
You can transfer your game via local wireless.
It's on their website. Nobody here researches anything before posting. Proven.

I learned basic at 9 on a vtech.
I meant for using within the BASIC programs you write.
Nobody here can understand a simple sentence without jumping to baseless conclusions. Proven.
No you can't. Read their website.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I HAVE read the Google Translated version of the creators' website,and in what actually gets translated there is NO mention of whether you can use WiFi or local multiplayer within your BASIC programs. So I have no idea what you are talking about.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
They say that they would have liked to allow wifi in games, they couldn't do it, and they apologise for lack there of.

OmegaVesko

Trophies
XP
Country
DJ91990 said:
Wow, this looks interesting. I highly doubt it would be possible to create a GBA or Gameboy Emulator because of the points that fearofshorts has stated.

However if a GBA Emulator was created using BASIC [I highly doubt it would happen] it would be nifty.

Better yet, hey NOTCH! Minecraft 3D plox!

Java =/= BASIC.

K

Kurisuellegarden

The games they've made with it are really awesome. It's like NES quality (which I would be in love with that game on the eShop if I got to play other people's creation of games in NES quality~!)

shansoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As a programmer myself, I can tell you don't put too much hope on this.

BASIC is a programming language as it is. It's most likely to be a scripted version than a compiled one.

There isn't really any function in BASIC that allows you to do the "hacking", especially the "CALL" and memory registry functions are locked...

xshoyz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This just got released today. A steep price at $8, especially if like me you don't plan on using it to code, but very tempting to get just to play the homebrews!

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This just got released today. A steep price at $8, especially if like me you don't plan on using it to code, but very tempting to get just to play the homebrews!
I doubt it will have much power, and therefore there is unlikely to be any particularly advanced homebrew for it.

Torchic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I personally believe this has enormous hacking potential. If you could create programs from a computer then I don't see why you couldn't create a program that read snes game files and translate them into code that petit computer could read. If people put in the effort to code this I believe we could very well be able to emulate other systems on an $8 3ds/dsiware game.

Anacobra

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
This has absolutely no hacking potential whatsoever.

It's kind of insane that you guys think this.

Everything written for this compiler cannot affect anything outside of it. If you try anything that may do something undesirable, the compiler will say 'Hey, what the hell' and stop it before it can do anything.

If Nintendo was concerned this would allow people to potentially harm/damage (or 'hack') their 3DS, they would not have put it on the eshop.

Reactions: 2 people

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I personally believe this has enormous hacking potential. If you could create programs from a computer then I don't see why you couldn't create a program that read snes game files and translate them into code that petit computer could read. If people put in the effort to code this I believe we could very well be able to emulate other systems on an $8 3ds/dsiware game.
After seeing Nintendo's security as of late, do you really think they would allow an app like this to be released if they didn't already think of all that stuff and have it covered?

Torchic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The programs can be generated through qr codes though. You could have a program find a rom file and put it in qr code form allowing it to be scanned and downloaded.

Also it wouldn't be a hack. It would be using exactly what the program entails.

The only issue about emulating on this platform is that someone would have to put a good deal of time in to do it.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
The programs can be generated through qr codes though. You could have a program find a rom file and put it in qr code form allowing it to be scanned and downloaded.

And you honestly think they won't be heavily policing and removing ROM hacks, even if that's the case?

I think you're forgetting that this is DSi ware, not 3DS ware... so there's literally nothing new at our disposal that DS flashcarts don't already give us, even if this does allow for hacks.

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

And you honestly think they won't be heavily policing and removing ROM hacks, even if that's the case?

I think you're forgetting that this is DSi ware, not 3DS ware... so there's literally nothing new at our disposal that DS flashcarts don't already give us, even if this does allow for hacks.
16MB of RAM and better processor. Lots of potential, even if it is just for emulators.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • B
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, Fuck sigma, go with sugma.