Persona 4 Golden is now available on Steam

header.jpg

Persona 4 Golden is out now. You can buy it on Steam for $19.99. It hasn't been unveiled during the PC Gaming Show, but it went live early anyway.

:arrow: Source

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States

MohammedQ8

Trophies
XP
Country
Kuwait

Attachments

• AEBB245A-4D6C-4014-B8D0-CF2A012D85D8.png
    AEBB245A-4D6C-4014-B8D0-CF2A012D85D8.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 193
Reactions: CallmeBerto

Tamunya

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bahrain
Goodbye, Vita x__x

A part of me is sad that there is not reason for me to have Vita anymore. I only have a handful of PSP/PSX games I want but they can all be emulated on PC or mobile phone. And the Vita exclusives... well, it was just Persona @<>@ Also Persona 4 Dancing but having played Dancing yesterday... I did not enjoy it. But then again, I dislike Persona Q 1-2, as well.

Major thanks to the developers/publishers for including the original Japanese voices option. If only Square Enix cared enough to do that with FF X/X-2 after so many re-releases....

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Just played a bit of it, it's looks competent albeit bare bones. 1080p is highest supported resolution.
Switching to borderless fullscreen seems to be the trick for opening up other resolution options. I'm playing it in 4K, though texture resolution is obviously a lot more limited so it's kind of a moot point.

It would be even better if this was available to stream on Geforce Now on Nvidia Shield TV.
But you can stream it to Shield TV via Steam.

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
I just pre ordered a gpd win Max to play this.
I can sell my Vita now

Might not even be worth the effort TBH, everybody else is gonna have the same idea and they were already on eBay for about $50 before P4G PC.
I'd take it for free

Reactions: Xzi

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
FYI, Persona 5 is playable on PC as well using PS3 emulation (RPCS3)

4k resolution
16x anisotropic filtering
30fps or 60fps (60 breaks the game in a few instances)
uprezed 2D art assets
removed blur
and removed day/weather hud element (if you want, so it is not on screen all the time)

Full speed on a 3700X with a 1660Ti under Vulkan. (That configuration is probably overkill, but I had to change the automatic underclocking of my 3700X to a 50 Watt power target to keep the system silent - (basically it stresses the cpu quite a bit)).

To set it up, watch this video:

I found that enabling the blur removal hack is beneficial, same with the remove date and weather from top left UI hack (hash (#) comment out all other hud disablers in that cheat option to leave all other hud elements on). Renderer Vulkan, Anti aliasing disabled (if you run it in 4K internal resolution AA just made it blurrier (fonts especially)).

edit: The mod used in the video works on both the NTSC and the PAL version of the game. (On both english is the only western text language option though. :) )

Last edited by notimp,

MohammedQ8

Trophies
XP
Country
Kuwait
My corsair one is connected to tv and Persona 4 golden wont change to 1080p to fill the screen is this a glitch ?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It works fine on my other pc with regular monitor

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Lol I relaunched it and it fixed itself hehe

eriol33

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Of course it has Denuvo. Didn't stop me from buying it, since the game is old it shouldn't actually impact performance.

The anime cutscenes look really bad. They weren't redone, so they look horribly compressed.
Give it a time, I am pretty sure modders will come to rescue by using AI to rescale the animation just like FF7

LunaticKingdom

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
A new stage of Atlus games on PC has begun!
They certainly can't get Persona 5 Royal on PC yet since it's recent and they must have a contract with Sony, but maybe in 2-4 years I'll be able to play it.
Also, imagine the future SMT V getting a PC version too? That would be incredible.

Last edited by LunaticKingdom,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: though if it s important to go online for a game I would much rather buy it