Tutorial  Updated

Permanent Joycon Mod for RCM

Not really a tutorial per say but decided to create this since its dead easy for people that are used to soldering, and IMHO way better than to have to stick a JIG every time you boot (Not considering AutoRCM because of the possible battery issues that would occur if you forget to power it down every single time)

Basically we will bridge pins 9 and 10 on the joycon rail which would be the same as to what people were doing bending the pins together, but it would be 100% safe and you wouldn't have any chance of long term problems connecting and disconnecting the joycon.

- Remove the 4 triwing screws on the joycon

- Open it up and remove the philips screw holding the rail agains the plastic case.

- Remove the foam pad protecting the pins, and bridge as the picture below (if you prefer you could also use a wire)

NHbBhz8.jpg

This will not have any negative effect on the joycon or switch itself. If you want to boot into OFW just boot it normally.

If you want RCM, just hold power button + Volume UP and you are golden!

If by any reason you want to undo it, just use some solder wick and unbridge the contacts.

EDITED:

Since some people informed me of a non-permanent way using a reed switch (guide below) I decided to use it myself:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/f-g-joycon-mod-magnethax-switch-edition.502459/

Installed a reed switch to short pins 1-10 and now It only boots to rcm If I use a magnet on the back of the joycon

s1mNeGH.jpg

kSzEpbZ.jpg

Last edited by Pacote,

LegzRwheelz

Trophies
Scrolling here learning to mod my dishwasher
XP
Country
United States
I'm new to Switch modding and *somewhat* understand what resistors do but I don't understand what the resistor is doing here. How does it make it a jig sometimes but act normal other times? What puts this into jig mode? If someone can explain how this resistor is accomplishing this I will do this over the mod that runs wires from the 1 & 10 pads up to the joycon release button (this closes the circuit). It's mechanical, not fancy and is undetectable but certainly does the job. Sorry for the noobish question.

scotdotwtf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Attachments

• IMG_3124.jpeg
    IMG_3124.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3133.jpeg
    IMG_3133.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3125.jpeg
    IMG_3125.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 10
Last edited by scotdotwtf,
  • Haha
Reactions: Hayato213

scotdotwtf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After a whle I decided to desolder the points just because off the weird bugs with not being able to go into wireless mode and overall glitches. I was able to remove the solder from both pins and happily it still works as normal! Not so permanent. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Still a few hours left until I can go home and play some more Stellar Blade :'( +1