Trophies
XP
Country
United States
awdofgum said:
Linkiboy said:
awdofgum said:
Linkiboy said:
No, you're missing the point. You're only adding things that the 360 doesn't have that the PS3 does, and NOT adding things to the PS3 that the 360 has!

The headset is an accessory, I don't think it counts. And the rental service shouldn't count because we are talking about physical items (hardware)
Then the topic title doesn't make sense. We are discussing at how the PS3 is supposedly not expensive, with all its features. Since the price includes accessories, controllers, and service, comparing just the console would be plain stupid.

Well I agree with accessories but then you could just get a $10 USB headset, who says you need bluetooth?

Service does not count because not everyone is accessible to the service.
If service does not count, then wifi should not count. If you have wifi, you have access to the service. If you're not gonna use wifi, then why bother buying a wireless adapter?

edit: Also a USB headset would not be 10$, and would involve plugging into your PS3, which is a problem for people who have their TV in a living room.

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Warhawk+headset bundle price minus warhawk PSN download price equals about $10 IIRC
Bluetooth wireless headset for $10, I think that's fair calculation since I've seen amazon sell it for $10 as well.

In any case, MS's X360 wireless network adapter costs hell lot more than a Bluetooth headset. (Assuming we're talking about a headset that's about the quality of Premium bundled wired headset)

feds4u

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Linkiboy said:
ZeWarrior said:
Linkiboy said:
What would I be jealous of? Your amazing logic and reasoning skills?

Obviously. You sure need improving of yours so what better way is there?
o man that was a good diss i totally didnt see it coming man what can i ever say to beat that

Honestly, Ze, You don't know what you are talking about 90% of the time. Ask any long term user on this forum who is fed up with your constant bullshit.

Tell it like it is brother!

(man more Hulk Hogan shit. WTH is wrong with me today?)

deathfisaro

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
feds4u said:
Linkiboy said:
ZeWarrior said:
Linkiboy said:
What would I be jealous of? Your amazing logic and reasoning skills?

Obviously. You sure need improving of yours so what better way is there?
o man that was a good diss i totally didnt see it coming man what can i ever say to beat that

Honestly, Ze, You don't know what you are talking about 90% of the time. Ask any long term user on this forum who is fed up with your constant bullshit.

Tell it like it is brother!

(man more Hulk Hogan shit. WTH is wrong with me today?)

Too much denial and manipulation of reality?

dawn.wan

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
PS3 is probably one of the cheaper BluRay DVD players out there... and you can play video games on it... win win, right?

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
kais said:
dawn.wan said:
PS3 is probably one of the cheaper BluRay DVD players out there... and you can play video games on it... win win, right?
what video games

Clown ... you keep doing this ... coming on a thread, all fanboy and hatin', and then you get shot down ... you need to put your brain in gear, before you touch your keyboard.

Eternal Myst

Back from the Myst.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bob Loblaw said:
kais said:
dawn.wan said:
what video games

And the troll award goes to!
........................Wow what was topic about again it has really gone off course,and is obviously pointless."People keep saying the PS3 is expensive" do they really never really noticed?

Neko

Been a while.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
kais said:
Bob Loblaw said:
kais said:
dawn.wan said:
what video games

........................Wow what was topic about again it has really gone off course,and is obviously pointless."People keep saying the PS3 is expensive" do they really never really noticed?

You know what ?
You're annoying. Oh and you're probably one of these 10 year old halo 3 flamers.
rofl2.gif

Get the hell out of my GBATemp. kkthxbye.

I though the PS3 was expensive at first but after a while and considering all of it's functions it's pretty damn cheap. I'm going to get one at this years christmas.
Who else is expecting a PS3 pricedrop before Christmas ? I'm expecting one anyway 'cause bluray gets cheaper these days. (Mostly for Bluray movies and GT5)

deathfisaro

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

Eternal Myst

Back from the Myst.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dominik93 said:
kais said:
Bob Loblaw said:
kais said:
dawn.wan said:
what video games

You know what ?
You're annoying. Oh and you're probably one of these 10 year old halo 3 flamers.
rofl2.gif

Get the hell out of my GBATemp. kkthxbye.

I though the PS3 was expensive at first but after a while and considering all of it's functions it's pretty damn cheap. I'm going to get one at this years christmas.
Who else is expecting a PS3 pricedrop before Christmas ? I'm expecting one anyway 'cause bluray gets cheaper these days. (Mostly for Bluray movies and GT5)
You know what ?

Actually im 16 asshit.
Anyways if I dissapointed anyone I am sorry,but we should really stop this shit.People buy A connsole for the games that they are into.

And the winner of this console war is the....................Snes!@!#

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
deathfisaro said:
Warhawk+headset bundle price minus warhawk PSN download price equals about $10 IIRC
Bluetooth wireless headset for $10, I think that's fair calculation since I've seen amazon sell it for $10 as well.

In any case, MS's X360 wireless network adapter costs hell lot more than a Bluetooth headset. (Assuming we're talking about a headset that's about the quality of Premium bundled wired headset)
The PS3 doesn't have an official bluetooth headset, so if buying a 3rd party one counts, then buying a 3rd party wireless adapter counts(like a cheap b/g for 30$). Also the 360's adapter is a/b/g while the PS3's is b/g, so you have to factor that in to make them "technicaly equal".

deathfisaro

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Linkiboy said:
The PS3 doesn't have an official bluetooth headset, so if buying a 3rd party one counts, then buying a 3rd party wireless adapter counts(like a cheap b/g for 30$). Also the 360's adapter is a/b/g while the PS3's is b/g, so you have to factor that in to make them "technicaly equal".

I think 360 official adapter is b/g/n, while 802.11n is supposed to be the best wireless so far (like 10 times faster than 802.11g I heard) n routers are overly expensive atm. Just like Blu-ray; better but expensive.
When 802.11n becomes widely available, then 360 adapter's price won't be an issue. More like PS3 owners would beg for 802.11n SPU.

Regiiko

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
PS3 NOT expensive? My arse!

For a two player setup, I would have to fork out 10% of my annual income! And people thought university was a breeze...

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
360 is way more expensive, all their stupid accesory are sold seperatly.

Remote Control, which unlike PS3, is required for movies.

Wireless adapter which is like 100$, which is pretty dumb, since it would cost 2$ to put one.

HD-DVD, the most worthless accessory as HD-DVD is discontinued and obviously, no matter how much fanboys hope THERE WILL NEVER BE A 360 WITH BLU-RAY. Explain to me why would Sony give their players to there worse ennemy, when in not doing so, they make sure the 360 get what it deserve: A death it should have gotten long ago.

Of course, unless you go elite, no HDMI for you. Also, need a cable for it.

Conclusion, 360 is not only more expensive, but without a blu-ray player, which sony will never allow, it's gonna die and nothing can stop it.

Sony made a wise move by betting on the next-gen media and it paid off in the end by burrying the 360 and adding a nail to its coffing.

The Wii has already an assured victory with its games and the amount sold, which can only increase since a 10 yo kid could save for one.

The PS3 secured the 2nd place, blu-ray player needs will increase its sells ..... and also, no one complain about games, it will get a lot: MGS4, FFXIII, Kingdom Heart 3, Star Ocean 4, Disgaea 3.

Also, PS3 comes from japan, which is where the biggest market is, where no one cares for the crappy 360 there.

Basicly, 360 lose this war big time, nothing can save it now, and of course GTA4 can't also, the DLC content microsoft SUPPOSEDLY paid, which is only a rumor, would make its way to ps3 no matter how much MS pay Rockstar, as they don't make the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/rMHTo4sAYKA?si=UTMogWR09JOPIPF_