Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Linkiboy

Linkiboy GBAtemp Testing Area

United States
    Yes you are. You're stretching the facts to fit your view, which is what this post demonstrated. The 360 doesn't have wifi, yet you're adding it. So I'll add the headset, which 360 has.

Second of all, arcade comes with a wireless controller, and HD-DVD player comes with a movie, and the arcade comes with 5 games.

So, by your logic,

280 + 100 (wifi) + 50 (hd dvd) + 60 for the arcade = 490
    500 + 20 (bluray movie) + 50 (5 10$ PSN games) + (USB headset) 30 = 600

2. Linkiboy

United States
    Another comment by the sore loser of this forum [​IMG]

In case you didn't know, coolbho, Apple TV is a video rental service. It seems thats how you got confused.

That point was to illustrate software emulating hardware. The original post mentioned why people think its expensive, then everyone started comparing hardware (and not how the hardware is used). If you're just doing that, this whole topic is useless.

Bob, in your first post, you mentioned that the PS3 is cheaper in reality. However, thats only in theory. After you weight everything in, including services, 360 is cheaper and more functional.

3. ZeWarrior

ZeWarrior TheWarrior

Brazil
    Jealousy is a burden.

4. Anakir

Anakir Project: Melee

Canada
    Ignoring the past few pages of posts and going back on topic..

I agree. PS3 isn't as expensive as people state it is (WITHOUT comparing it to the 360). Blueray dvd players costs almost, if not, maybe a bit cheaper then the PS3, but in my opinion. It's better to add another 50$ to a blueray dvd player and get a PS3.

I got convinced by a friend as well. I always thought it was pretty expensive. Actually, it was crazy expensive before, but now it's okay. I think it's definitely worth buying if people love Blueray dvd's.

5. ZeWarrior

ZeWarrior TheWarrior

Brazil
    Blu-ray.
    Blu-ray

Not Blue.
    kthanxbai

6. porchemasi

porchemasi GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    You must buy seperate HDMI/Component cables to enable high-def .... go figure $20+
    so $420

So for $70 more you basically get .... wifi to the internet (which is very limited) and free online games

the 360 u get better games (better graphics, loading times, and overall run-time) and an overall better online service for like $15 ... but no wifi if ethernet is an issue ...

soooo the 360 and ps3 diff trade offs which break or make each console for diff ppl

7. Bob Loblaw

OP Bob Loblaw Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!

United States
    You can get an HDMI cable from newegg for $7.

Some 360's don't even have an HDMI port (mine being one of them [​IMG] )

edit: also loading times are actually worse for the 360 but this is only because the PS3 has you install the games. So this is sort of a give and take. Faster load time but you have to install onto HDD.

But like Anakir said, if you like hi-def movies than it makes sense to buy a PS3. I think some of the next gen blu-ray players which are going to have the same blu-ray firmware the PS3 has are going to be around $700

8. ZeWarrior

ZeWarrior TheWarrior

Brazil
    HDMI cables are $5 at Monoprice..
    ..The 360 doesn't have better graphics, does NOT always have better loading times, and the online is $50 a year.
    Wifi to the internet, limited? What the hell is this supposed to mean?
    You get to go Online, Use the Web Browser, Download Patches, Demos, Trailers, Buy PS1 Classics, PS3/PSP Mini-Games.
    Out of these, only thing you pay for it the PS1 classics and the PS3/PSP Mini-games.

9. Bob Loblaw

OP Bob Loblaw Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!

United States

You're missing the point that I've emphasized numerous times. My logic is making the systems be equal. Having HDD storage, Wifi, and hd movie playback.
    In order to have all that the 360 is more $$. Even without any of that the Elite is more money. How are you the only person left on here that doesn't understand that?

edit: and as far as the bluetooth headset quality, it's a pretty bad idea to bring quality up when discussing the 360.
    [​IMG]

10. WeaponXxX

WeaponXxX Too F'in Blonde

United States
    I stopped reading on page 3.

My feedback is the $400 dollar PS3 is the better deal as I bought the WiFi adapter for my 360 and the rechargeable battery pack (Which is awesome).

However I bought the $600 dollar PS3 so can't really compare the $600 model to the $400 model. Well if I remember right the $400 model doesn't play PS2 games? That could be a huge setback?

And while the $400 PS3 is a better deal now it is the only system I have yet to repurchase as of my house getting raided as it was a console I never played.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The most EXPENSIVE system is the Wii
    The 360 I play BY MYSELF. So that means one controller with pack and I am done.
    The Wii is a party console which means I need at LEAST 3 more wiimotes at $50. At LEAST one more nunchuck (20), Nyko rechargeable kit? (Don't have em yet but thinking of getting em) $35X2, and how bought all the goofy ass attachments? Nyko Guns? Oh and your gonna want to try the wii VC which you need a wii classic controller for, or at least a Gamecube controller. But if you don't want wires its classic controller time!

You need to take into consideration what it cost to make your experience enjoyable. My 360 I can kill some zombies in a mall for the price of a system, wifi adapter, and rechargeable batteries.

90% of the fun I have on the Wii (and it gets played the most) is from multiplayer which means to enjoy my purchase I NEED 4 controllers with nunchucks, and the 2 Nyko Perfect Shots, and as of now a bucket of rechargeable AA batteries. Shit adds up son.

11. yus786

yus786 GBAtemp Fan

ps3 aint that expensive now, can pick them up for about £200

its the games and the internet gaming thats the problem so far.

yus786

12. ZeWarrior

ZeWarrior TheWarrior

Brazil

Whats wrong with either?
    PSN is great!
    Games are here.

13. Awdofgum

Awdofgum Wadofgum

United States
    PSN is great, it's interface really bothers me though.
    Games are preferential, Although I think Playstation has better exclusives overall.

14. ojsinnerz.

ojsinnerz. Damned

Canada
    I agree with the interface. I really don't like the PSP styled interface. Other than that, it's a good console.

15. feds4u

feds4u Banned
    Banned

United States
    Who still says the PS3 is expensive? In the States its only $50 more than the PS3. Its not like that extra $50 is going to break the bank. If more people wanted the PS3, they'd buy it. The difference in cost is negligible. There must be some other excuse of the PS3's sluggish sales.

16. deathfisaro

deathfisaro Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan

Canada
    Is this where I should be laughing?
    Best joke of the day. [/sarcasm]

17. Eternal Myst

Eternal Myst Back from the Myst.

United States
    Xbox 360 is more expensive than the PS3.
    Xbox 360 has a better selection of games.
    PS2 is better than PS3.
    Wii is better than PS3.
    Or am I making a big mistake I should say "better and more entertaining".
    PS3 has a poor selection of games,and is very crappy.
    When the PS3 becomes more superior to any other console.Shoot me!
    I had a choice between the PS3 and the Nintendo DS.
    No shit I choose the DS which is obviously"better and more entertaining"

18. deathfisaro

deathfisaro Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan

Canada
    QFT. My 360 and PS3 collecting dust because of this beast.

19. Awdofgum

Awdofgum Wadofgum

United States
    1.Get the PS3
    2.Sell it
    3.?????
    4.Profit!

20. Linkiboy

United States
    No, you're missing the point. You're only adding things that the 360 doesn't have that the PS3 does, and NOT adding things to the PS3 that the 360 has!

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - expensive, syaing,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.