Couple Questions for a 60GB CECHA00 PS3

Seraphic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thinking of picking up a Japanese 60GB CECHA00 and have a couple of questions.

XMB can be changed to English (like Japanese PSP), but what is the golden firmware these days to look for before installing CFW?
With CFW, is it possible to tell how long system has been used for, and/or powered on and if firmware was downgraded?
Also with CFW, can Japanese region lockout be removed to play all PS1/PS2 games + DVD/Blu-Ray and can X and O be swapped?

Lastly, I've been reading a lot about the "Frankenstein" mod for PS3 that replaces the 90mm RSX with a 40nm or 65nm. Seems really interesting (but very expensive - i.e $600). I take it a Slim PS3 must be sacrificed in order to obtain a 40nm or 65nm RSX? And seems doing the same with the CELL would require an CPU Interposer as pins to not match for 90mm to 45mm or 65mm. Some suggest it's not even need as failures are almost always the RSX anyway. Also, what the verdict on 15 vs 19 vs possible "20" blade fans? And saw a few comments that it would also be ideal to replace original PSU with a new Original Sony Power Supply Original (Part APS-226), thoughts on if necessary?

Last edited by Seraphic,

Blauhasenpopo

GBATemp's Funeral Director
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Seraphic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, I will check it out. Had a 60GB PS3 that I kept on 3.15 so I could mess around with Other OS, but it was lost due to a mod service killing it. Always wanted to get another to replace it. Is Other OS still accessible with CFW even though on 3.50 for example?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, I will check it out. Had a 60GB PS3 that I kept on 3.15 so I could mess around with Other OS, but it was lost due to a mod service killing it. Always wanted to get another to replace it. Is Other OS still accessible with CFW even though on 3.50 for example?
I think evilnat 4.89.3 has reenabled the flag for other os.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)