Homebrew PCHex - Homebrew PKHex

Froster

Your Music Producer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have find an issue.
I've setted up an Abomasnow w/ no Abomasite but when I open the game he is already mega evolved. So I edited the Abomasnow with a Snorunt w/ a Rare Candy (for evolve it),but when it evolves he is mega evolved anyway.
Any advice?

Favna

#PCMasterRace
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have find an issue.
I've setted up an Abomasnow w/ no Abomasite but when I open the game he is already mega evolved. So I edited the Abomasnow with a Snorunt w/ a Rare Candy (for evolve it),but when it evolves he is mega evolved anyway.
Any advice?
This is not a pchex issue but a lack of knowledge thing (no offense meant at all!).

Set the form id to 0 rather than 1 is what you want to do. 0 is always the default. If a pokemon has 1 mega or 1 other form (not gender related!) it is 1. In case of mewtwo 1 is is MegaX and 2 is MegaY (X comes before Y in the alphabet)

Lastly in case you do accidentally mess up, any "permanent" mega left in the party after closing the game will turn back to its normal form. Video to show this: (well.. soon i. I guess recording from within the tapatalk app isn't everything either)

Last edited by Favna,

uberpubert69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How easy is this to use now? I think I'm gonna wait until there's a GUI before trying this. I tend to mess up things sometimes...

pikatsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
So I've been working on this for a little while and was giving update on the 3FHex's projects thread, but this is now getting to the state where it deserves its own thread. So here is my latest project : PCHex, a homebrew port of PKHex.

Screenshot for good measure

The project has been advancing steadily since I started, what it can do right now is :
- Load a save directly from cartridge / software
- Access the box data and the pokemons inside
- Edit the Pokemons
- Export the save back

It's coded in C, is open-sourced, and has a shitty terminal-based UI so far
It's still very WIP, so bear that in mind when testing !

Current short term goals are :
- Finish Pokemon editing, so that you can change a bit more about the pokemons
- Import and insert PK6 Files, maybe export them.

On the longer term, I'll probably start working on a graphical UI, and maybe start taking suggestions on what to do next.

For those interested in trying it out, I uploaded the latest version on the post just down below, just extract in your 3ds folder and run with homebrew launcher.
The save is extracted to /3ds/PCHex/, you'll have to uses some other utility to inject it for now

If anyone wants to help, I'll direct you to the github repo

That's all for now, thanks for reading and please leave any feedback you have !

- Fixed Edit window titles
- Fixed missing letter 'l' in edit windows

- Added Editing for Species, Moves, Held items and Pokeballs with a special UI
- Added Pokemon Form handling, should now display correct stats
- Added Direct Export to game
- Added automatic save backups

- Added 'Manage' tab for saving and copypasting pokés (AKA cloning)
- Removed 'Select' Key to save (it was causing crashes)
- Fixed Some pokéballs not displaying the correct name
- Tentative to fix problem where PCHex can't load the save archive
- Added Pokérus value editing
- Added gender Switching
- Added Legal ability editing
- Added Moves displaying
- Fixed PID rerolling and shinifying changing gender
- Added some debug messages for troubleshooting

Can you add a cia version please?

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can we get stats in the correct order (HP>Attack>Defense>Sp. Atk>Sp. Def>Speed)? I just think it would be helpful since that's how it's presented in game (and Battle Sims) and in PkHex.
How easy is this to use now? I think I'm gonna wait until there's a GUI before trying this. I tend to mess up things sometimes...
Fairly easy. You just can't edit natures so you might want to breed a the Pokémon you want with the nature you want and then edit IVs, EVs, and moves. Also Speed comes before Sp. Atk and Sp. Def in the stat area, so just keep that in mind when you're doing Hidden Power editing.

Last edited by RedBlueGreen,

Favna

#PCMasterRace
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Can you add a cia version please?
1) for the love of... Don't quote an entire first post like that, especially if it has no relation or added value whatsoever to your question. It takes up a huge chunk of space that it doesn't have to take up

2) While I don't know Stracker's aims, I am quite positive he first wants to have a fully stable app with GUI before bothering with a .cia seeing as a .3dsx works just fine.

Also you can install a homebrew menu .cia if you havent yet and you'd still get to it quite quick.

Thedge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
so far i havent been able to trade or battle with these pokemon online
are there certain things im not suposed to do?

VaiCorinthians

Trophies
XP
Country
Papua New Guinea
At the moment, I advise you to edit only evs/iv, moveset, happiness and items.
Be careful when editing the Ability, if the pokemon is of a generation that has no hidden ability, and you put hidden ability in this pokemon, it will not able to trade or battle.
ps: when you change kyurem form, to B or W, it continues to be pressure.

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Remember to reroll your PID and make sure the Pokémon was hatched from an egg (that's the easiest to work with, just hatch an egg with the desired nature and then edit IVs, moves, etc). Leave the egg moves blank or fill them in correctly if you want (leaving them blank works for me). Also make sure your trainer data is from the right Generation and probably game (if you want to have a Pokémon with a Gen IV or V move make sure you use a Pokémon from that actual game).

Reactions: VaiCorinthians

XentKK

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I have a little and fast question.
I have AS and i want shiny Latios (the one you get without eon ticket). I've been resetting for... 2 weeks already, about 20-30 SRs everyday. I can't do anymore because i'm busy with studying. I'm also bored of this process.
Can i get normal Latios and change it to shiny with this homebrew? I mean it, change Latios to shiny, not create a new identical one, but change the one i already have?
If i can't do it, can i do shiny Latios and will game think that it's Latios i've got previously?
I just want to get a "legit" shiny Latios... I know it is cheating, but if game won't understand that and if game will think that my new Latios is the legit one... I don't see any difference.

Last edited by XentKK,

VaiCorinthians

Trophies
XP
Country
Papua New Guinea
I have a little and fast question.
I have AS and i want shiny Latios (the one you get without eon ticket). I've been resetting for... 2 weeks already, about 20-30 SRs everyday. I can't do anymore because i'm busy with studying. I'm also bored of this process.
Can i get normal Latios and change it to shiny with this homebrew? I mean it, change Latios to shiny, not create a new identical one, but change the one i already have?
If i can't do it, can i do shiny Latios and will game think that it's Latios i've got previously?
yep! you can!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up